I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched a No Limit Texas Holdem TV Tournament where someone bluffs with nothing – usually playing heads up. They don’t leave themselves any outs. They don’t even wait for the flop-Just all in with their 2 hole cards. To me that’s just asking for it. If your opponent has a pair or Big Slick you’re just inviting a call where you’ll lose all your chips. It makes no sense risk wise just to pick up the blinds.

Well, I must assume you agree with me. I just saw someone do the above this past Sunday on City-TV for a re-rerun WPT event. It drives me NUTS! It just makes no sense. Why do people do it? The guy who did it actually had 4 starting hands of K-K and 4 aces for one hand! With all that he lost!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched a No Limit Texas Holdem TV Tournament where someone bluffs with nothing – usually playing heads up. They don’t leave themselves any outs. They don’t even wait for the flop-Just all in with their 2 hole cards. To me that’s just asking for it. If your opponent has a pair or Big Slick you’re just inviting a call where you’ll lose all your chips. It makes no sense risk wise just to pick up the blinds.
Have you played much heads up poker? Try some heads up sngs and maybe you'll have a better understanding. It's more of a psychological thing. If you can get into your opponents head, it's an easy way to make a guy passive so you can take his chips and you keep him off decent hands. You can also do this to set traps.It's part of the game. If they are brave enough to do it, they obviously are aware of the risks. I love catching a guy doing that. I was abusing a guy yesterday in HU. This guy had a great sharkscope rating and was throwing chip around like they were nothing. After about 10 hands, I sat back and waited and nailed him. He was all in with a Brunson and I had A J. Bottom line is, if somebody does it often enough, they'll get caught.
Have you played much heads up poker? Try some heads up sngs and maybe you'll have a better understanding. It's more of a psychological thing. If you can get into your opponents head, it's an easy way to make a guy passive so you can take his chips and you keep him off decent hands. You can also do this to set traps.It's part of the game. If they are brave enough to do it, they obviously are aware of the risks. I love catching a guy doing that. I was abusing a guy yesterday in HU. This guy had a great sharkscope rating and was throwing chip around like they were nothing. After about 10 hands, I sat back and waited and nailed him. He was all in with a Brunson and I had A J. Bottom line is, if somebody does it often enough, they'll get caught.
Egggszzactly.

I haven’t played much heads up poker. I know there is a psychology aspect to going all in. I would never do it with nothing because of the risk. Plus I’d feel really stupid revealing a 2-10 hand. :D Tony G does this a lot playing heads up. I remember him at the final in Paris ultimately losing to Surinder because he went all in one too many times.Tony G did make a great bluff to take the lead when they were playing heads up. I think he had 8 – 4 with 9-6-2 on the flop, 5 on the turn, and a 4 on the river. He went all in and Surinder folded a superior hand in fear that Tony G hit the straight. He even showed the bluff and I thought for a moment Surinder was going to kill Tony G and I think it would have been justifiable poker homicide! :club: That all in made sense but the rest just cost him the tournament.

Tony G did make a great bluff to take the lead when they were playing heads up. I think he had 8 – 4 with 9-6-2 on the flop, 5 on the turn, and a 4 on the river. He went all in and Surinder folded a superior hand in fear that Tony G hit the straight. He even showed the bluff and I thought for a moment Surinder was going to kill Tony G and I think it would have been justifiable poker homicide! :club: That all in made sense but the rest just cost him the tournament.
Bluffing is easy when the board reads: 2-4-5-6-9