Phil Gordon Ownage

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think peyton is that good at madden... I could be wrong though...
point is I doubt Phil was really playing his 'A' gameor his 'D' game really
If it's anything like winning a meaningful NFL game he probably sucks at it.
Low Blow, minus one point
You can make a great living at $2/$4 and $1/$2NL. You don't need to be playing $5/$10+ to be making over $100k a year.
if someone was able to make $100k/yr playing $2/$4.....they wouldnt be playing $2/$4
if someone was able to make $100k/yr playing $2/$4.....they wouldnt be playing $2/$4
That's definitely not true. A good player can easily make that much a year. There are also plenty of reasons not to rush into higher limits.
That's definitely not true. A good player can easily make that much a year. There are also plenty of reasons not to rush into higher limits.
because they arent that good and would be eaten alive, maybe?100k at 2/4 would be about 5 buyins a week....if you win 3 a week at 5/10, you would make more money, an extra 50k/yr
because they arent that good and would be eaten alive, maybe?100k at 2/4 would be about 5 buyins a week....if you win 3 a week at 5/10, you would make more money, an extra 50k/yr
So you're saying you can win more money at higher stakes games?...hmmm

I'd bet my half my net worth that no one in the free world made 100k solely from 2/4 NL from January 1, 2006 through December 31, 2006. If they were that skilled, they'd be better served by playing 3/6, 4/8, 5/10, 7.5/15, 10/20 NL.That's not to even get into the fact that 250 buyins over 365 CALENDAR days is pretty well unattainable for the average poker player. That isn't to say that it isn't done, or with any frequency, but it's not likely, and it's the exception.Seriously though, someone post a reliable screen capture of a PT database showing me a 100k profit exclusively from 2/4 NL, that can be thereupon verified, and I'll pay up.

I'd bet my half my net worth that no one in the free world made 100k solely from 2/4 NL from January 1, 2006 through December 31, 2006. If they were that skilled, they'd be better served by playing 3/6, 4/8, 5/10, 7.5/15, 10/20 NL.That's not to even get into the fact that 250 buyins over 365 CALENDAR days is pretty well unattainable for the average poker player. That isn't to say that it isn't done, or with any frequency, but it's not likely, and it's the exception.Seriously though, someone post a reliable screen capture of a PT database showing me a 100k profit exclusively from 2/4 NL, that can be thereupon verified, and I'll pay up.
I think you'd be surprised how many there were. You can make $30k a year just off rakeback from 2/4.
So you're saying you can win more money at higher stakes games?...hmmm
show me a player that can win 100k/yr at $2/$4 but cant win anything at $5/$10and actually 3 buyins a week is less than 5 buyins a week
How much is half of your net worth?
Including credit card and student loan debt? It's really quite irrelevant; come up with some edited, contrived, photoshopped, screenshot, then we'll start talking figures. As, if I'm wrong, and you're right, you stand to lose, nothing.You speak in hypotheticals about what someone COULD make at 2/4, I know what people who play 2/4 DO make. Before ACertainFCPPosterWhoRecentlyCashedInALargeLiveTournament won some tourneys and began playing MUCH higher than 2/4, he wasn't(or was barely) making 100k a year....and he was playing, and beating, 5/10 NL.Edit; To be clear, I wasn't referencing JC.
show me a player that can win 100k/yr at $2/$4 but cant win anything at $5/$10and actually 3 buyins a week is less than 5 buyins a week
Obviously you can make the most money by saving up your bankroll and beating the higher games. I'm not even saying a 2/4 player should stay there, just pointing out to the poster who compared being good at 2/4 to being on queer eye that it wouldn't be hard for a person to stay at 2/4 and make 100k, if they chose to.
You haven't played much heads up have you? Jared is probably the best heads up player on FT at his level. He is also in the top 5 for 6 max $2/$4 if not #1 as well.
according to who? You? His butt buddy
Phil Gordon sat down and played my roommate heads up last night. We were able to record the match, it's pretty amusing. http://www.pokerdynasty.net/jds-vs-phil-gordon
haha thats some funny stuff. I love the heavy breathing when hec gets 2 outed because he didnt even seem upset but the exaggeration was still amusing.

From FuturePokerPros:FullTilt's Average-Stakes Top Players Game Descriptions 1 Shoobee 2/4 NL, 3,6 NL 2 KaGame 3/6 NL multitables 3 horryclutch 3/6 NL multitables 4 SweetOldBroad 2/4 NL multitables 5 Ravenous20 3/6 NL multitables 6 Pwnasaurus 3/6 NL multitables 7 Jrab1 1/2 NL multitables 8 rcwhite 2/4 NL multitables 9 FristSux 2/4 NL multitables 10 JD_PROFESSIONAL 2-4 NL multitables

Hey guys I'm glad you liked the video. There are definately parts where I make mistakes or do not adjust correctly and I would love to talk strategy about them. I made a video moreso because I thought it was interesting to watch and would give a good laugh. I doubt Phil cared too much about playing 400 NL and was probably just blowing off steam/playing alloted time FT requires he plays or some other reason. Still parts are funny and I think thats what counts.Jared

You've got my support and props to your site, btw.I've learned a ton :-) even ordered one of the books you recommended off of amazon that I've never heard of. Always been a live player, but I'm quite interested in the rakeback ideals if you ever get a chance to PM if able.I love PG, but nice videoooooo"delicious"

You haven't played much heads up have you? Jared is probably the best heads up player on FT at his level. He is also in the top 5 for 6 max $2/$4 if not #1 as well.
No he is not. For both heads up or for 6 max. Edit: just saw he posted a video... watching it nowEdit 2: granted I haven't played this low in awhile, I can't imagine him being a top 5 player based on the limited analysis. It's only one video, but based on that, I can't imagine his play beating any regulars. Good luck though