Minesweeper

i sit at my computer and play minesweeper. its what i do. so here are my best times. are you better?beginner: 3 secondsintermediate: 26expert: 83

You are sick.B: 8sI: 36sE: 132sI used to play it a lot...so I think I've had better scores than this in the past on different computers, but I think they're "decent" for scrutiny purposes. Oh, and there's little more heartbreaking in this world than to be on a record-setting pace and get down to a forced "coin flip" at the end of Expert.I've also had times where I've battled with a Freecell addiction...my current record is 754-70.

i sit at my computer and play minesweeper. its what i do. so here are my best times. are you better?beginner: 3 secondsintermediate: 26expert: 83
How are those numbers possible? I am not as good at minesweeper as I once thought.My mere mortal numbers:Expert - 142 seconds. Dont play the other difficulties much.
F.uck minesweeper! 3D Pinball is where it's at. Hi-Score - 3,145,350
the first time i played that i scored over 20 million. i just play it on my friend's computer to piss him off by taking his high scores - i think they're all over 20 now, and i might've played a dozen times.then again, my best minesweeper score is like 400 seconds on expert.
i've quit minesweeper because i used to be obsessed with this game.my approach was to hit some big spots early in order to clear a big portion of the board. if i hit a mine then i just started again. new record meant everything.if i remember correctly my best scores were...beginner = 2 sec (i wanna actually say 1 seconds but is that possible? i'll just say 2 to be safe)intermediate = 12 secexpert = 47 sec

I like to make a huge screen with only about 4 or 5 mines, click anywhere, and win right away after half a second. Then I celebrate my dominance over minesweeper for several hours. It makes me feel good about myself.

My highest score on that game is 9 million+. You need more practise.
and you need a dictionary.and don't try to excuse it by saying "That's how we spell it in England."and don't point out my terrible sentence structure by starting three consecutive sentences with "and".
I like to make a huge screen with only about 4 or 5 mines, click anywhere, and win right away after half a second. Then I celebrate my dominance over minesweeper for several hours. It makes me feel good about myself.
This is exactly how I play the game. It rules.
here's the rankings page
oh sweet...so my 1 sec for beginner level isn't just an imagination. it seems to be pretty common so i guess i did do it.now the 47 seconds on expert i KNOW i did it because i wouldn't turn my computer off for 3 days just to show everyone and anyone who would listen.looks like fleung22 from 1996 was the best in the world. too bad i couldn't even break 200 seconds now. uhh....i'm aging fast.....
  • 1 month later...
I've also had times where I've battled with a Freecell addiction...my current record is 754-70.
In college I got bored once and decided to see how many games of freecell I could win in a row. Pretty sure I won about 1600 over the course of a couple of weeks. Coincidentally, I was not getting laid at the time.
Dude beats expert in 38 seconds......a world record.
Thanks for ruining my day. I thought I was master of the universe. I don't think I'm gonna break 20 seconds...my personal record took me forever to hit in the first place.
F.uck minesweeper! 3D Pinball is where it's at. Hi-Score - 3,145,350
My highest score on that game is 9 million+. You need more practise.
you both suck.

I prefer Microsoft hearts.... I try to shoot the moon every time and if I don't I start over.Oh and we can start a 3D Pinball conversation when someone get to 17 mil.

Damn and I thought I was actually good at minesweeper I can't even beat 200 on expertNot sure what my exact record is but I've gotten over 15 million on pinball before maybe I should start playing again

B- 5I-34E- 108Expert was my level of choice. And like others around here i was addicted. I got to the point where i had my finger over the delete button but couldn't pull the trigger. I could never get myself past the 100 hump as i called it. Seems like i needed a style change. I could never leave spaces that were closed in mines blank, i had to put a flag on it. Obv. this is where i should cut my time but i can't shake the habit.

Beginner-5 secondsIntermediate-33 secondsExpert-95 secondsAnd there's no trick because there's no way to know which one is right, but it doesn't always work out that you have to guess. It happens sometimes, and it sucks to guess wrong, but so it goes.