Does Anyone Else Self Destruct When Going Deep

Lately Ive been playing low limit tourneys for training til I can get to the bigger ones. And it seems every time I make it semi close to the money I just start making bad plays, taking needles risks, and just being a donkey. Does anyone else do this, or did this? If so any good advice other than quit being a tard with your chips?

Lately Ive been playing low limit tourneys for training til I can get to the bigger ones. And it seems every time I make it semi close to the money I just start making bad plays, taking needles risks, and just being a donkey. Does anyone else do this, or did this? If so any good advice other than quit being a tard with your chips?
Paging troyomac.... paging troyomac....

Case in point. Full Tilt Poker Game #1542458347: The Ferguson (10793212), Table 83 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 3:06:17 ET - 2007/01/06Seat 1: jonmarc1980 (5,940)Seat 2: DamienRennie (5,149)Seat 3: Stephen Glych (4,601)Seat 4: flerickal (320), is sitting outSeat 5: sabresfan69 (3,765)Seat 6: school_is_in (7,735)Seat 7: Jbug2000 (9,660)Seat 8: WiseUp (9,530)Seat 9: buzzsaw3005 (2,720)flerickal posts the small blind of 100sabresfan69 posts the big blind of 200The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to jonmarc1980 [Qs As]school_is_in calls 200Jbug2000 foldsWiseUp foldsbuzzsaw3005 foldsjonmarc1980 calls 200DamienRennie foldsStephen Glych calls 200flerickal foldssabresfan69 checks*** FLOP *** [Tc 8c Ac]sabresfan69 checksschool_is_in checksjonmarc1980 bets 1,000Stephen Glych: WHY!!!!Stephen Glych has 15 seconds left to actStephen Glych calls 1,000sabresfan69 foldsschool_is_in folds*** TURN *** [Tc 8c Ac] [Kd]jonmarc1980 bets 1,200Stephen Glych raises to 2,400jonmarc1980 calls 1,200*** RIVER *** [Tc 8c Ac Kd] [Kc]jonmarc1980 checksStephen Glych bets 1,001, and is all injonmarc1980 calls 1,001*** SHOW DOWN ***Stephen Glych shows [Qc 4c] (a flush, Ace high)jonmarc1980 mucksStephen Glych wins the pot (9,702) with a flush, Ace highThe blinds are now 120/240 with an ante of 25*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 9,702 | Rake 0Board: [Tc 8c Ac Kd Kc]Seat 1: jonmarc1980 mucked [Qs As] - two pair, Aces and KingsSeat 2: DamienRennie didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: Stephen Glych (button) showed [Qc 4c] and won (9,702) with a flush, Ace highSeat 4: flerickal (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: sabresfan69 (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 6: school_is_in folded on the FlopSeat 7: Jbug2000 didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: WiseUp didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: buzzsaw3005 didn't bet (folded)

If you haven't read the Harrington on Hold'em books yet, then they should help you out quite a bit.
No I havent. Im guessing I need to. The only books Ive read was SuperSystem II, Gordon's Little Blue Book, Ace on the River and Online Ace.
No I havent. Im guessing I need to. The only books Ive read was SuperSystem II, Gordon's Little Blue Book, Ace on the River and Online Ace.
Great books. They really elivated my game.Edit: I was talking about Dan Harrington's books.

HOH has helped my late game immensly (sp?). I usually self destruct before I make it deep. If I go deep, I tend to go real deep. HOH is a real good read, especially vol 2. Just my 2 pennies.Alpha

Well, Ive made it into the money, barely. I think Im going to net 50 cents! Whoohoo!If someone doesnt mind would they go over these stats and see if they show any leaks in my games. I dont know if you can read too much into them. Thank you for any helpStatistics for 105 HandsStreet Saw Saw/Total Flop 21 20%Turn 17 16%River 14 13%Showdown 11 10%Street Won Won/Saw Won/TotalPre-flop 0 0% 0%Flop 1 5% 1%Turn 2 12% 2%River 1 7% 1%Showdown 8 73% 8%Im thinking Im too tight and not aggressive enough preflop

Is Volume 1 worth reading?
YES!, and YES for Part II as well (haven't read III yet).edit: I don't know, if those books help with your problem that much though, sounds more like a lack of patience/attention to me than an integral flaw in your game.
Case in point. Full Tilt Poker Game #1542458347: The Ferguson (10793212), Table 83 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 3:06:17 ET - 2007/01/06Seat 1: jonmarc1980 (5,940)Seat 2: DamienRennie (5,149)Seat 3: Stephen Glych (4,601)Seat 4: flerickal (320), is sitting outSeat 5: sabresfan69 (3,765)Seat 6: school_is_in (7,735)Seat 7: Jbug2000 (9,660)Seat 8: WiseUp (9,530)Seat 9: buzzsaw3005 (2,720)flerickal posts the small blind of 100sabresfan69 posts the big blind of 200The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to jonmarc1980 [Qs As]school_is_in calls 200Jbug2000 foldsWiseUp foldsbuzzsaw3005 foldsjonmarc1980 calls 200DamienRennie foldsStephen Glych calls 200flerickal foldssabresfan69 checks*** FLOP *** [Tc 8c Ac]sabresfan69 checksschool_is_in checksjonmarc1980 bets 1,000Stephen Glych: WHY!!!!Stephen Glych has 15 seconds left to actStephen Glych calls 1,000sabresfan69 foldsschool_is_in folds*** TURN *** [Tc 8c Ac] [Kd]jonmarc1980 bets 1,200Stephen Glych raises to 2,400jonmarc1980 calls 1,200*** RIVER *** [Tc 8c Ac Kd] [Kc]jonmarc1980 checksStephen Glych bets 1,001, and is all injonmarc1980 calls 1,001*** SHOW DOWN ***Stephen Glych shows [Qc 4c] (a flush, Ace high)jonmarc1980 mucksStephen Glych wins the pot (9,702) with a flush, Ace highThe blinds are now 120/240 with an ante of 25*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 9,702 | Rake 0Board: [Tc 8c Ac Kd Kc]Seat 1: jonmarc1980 mucked [Qs As] - two pair, Aces and KingsSeat 2: DamienRennie didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: Stephen Glych (button) showed [Qc 4c] and won (9,702) with a flush, Ace high
Dude...this is really really bad. First off, raise pre-flop. Secondly, why are you betting 1k into 800? Thirdly...if you're going to bet the turn, you need to just push him in when he raises.

Learning my friend, learning. Im never aggressive enough preflop. Before this hand I had been delt AQ and AJ and raise and get nothing on the flop then someone in front that had me covered pushes and Im forced to fold. When he said "WHY?" I really thought I had the best of it.

Learning my friend, learning. Im never aggressive enough preflop. Before this hand I had been delt AQ and AJ and raise and get nothing on the flop then someone in front that had me covered pushes and Im forced to fold. When he said "WHY?" I really thought I had the best of it.
Yeah, I didn't mean it personally if that's how I came across. Just critiquing. And, just cause you'll miss the flop a good portion of the time doesn't mean it's not almost an auto-raise there.

Since you need help, and don't think you are the only one, get out of general and into strat. Especially for tournies, hop into the tournament section and read read read. This is where you should be posting your hands. Read everything Copernicus writes, he is helping a lot of us out there. General is basically for....well, I'm not sure, but it is fun. But general won't help you with your game.Ok, in the words of Brandi, let's gogogo!

You'll learn that at the levels you're playing at, when someone does what he did, or makes any speech before calling a big raise or pushing all in, they have a strong hand (probably better than yours).Also...DON'T GO BROKE WITH ONE PAIR!! Especially at the 100/200 level. That is the biggest leak you need to plug if you expect to make it deep.good luck
Is this your pattern?You catch AK in the big blind against a short stack with 33 and you call their all in and double them up.Then you catch QQ and a short stack goes all in and you call and their AK hits and you double them up. Then you flop the but straight and two short stacks go all in and you call, only to see them hit runner runner flush when they went in with nothing better than top pair?Because that's the way I've been doing it lately. And I'm not kidding. And it ain't only been oncet or twicet.And I know that the BBFISDTS, but two of these were for serious mobney.