Lost 20% Of Bankroll In One Hand

Devastating.Bought in for $10K at a 25-50 NLH game. Played well but was not hitting my draws and was down to $4K. I reloaded with $5K more and was able to get my stack up to $16K finally showing a profit for the night when it all came crashing down in one hand.I was on the button with pocket 8's. It was raised to $150 in front of me by a very agressive player. I called as did the Big Blind who is another quite agressive player. On a flop of 8s 6c 3d the BB bet out $350, the pre-flop raiser folded and I called trying to slow play my monster. The turn card was the Ad and the BB bet out $1,300 into a $1,175 pot. I was playing fairly tight, so I am sure he knew I had something to call him on the flop. I was surprised at the over bet and put him on AK or something close to it. I raised it to $3,300. He would have to call $2,000 more into a $5,775 I wanted him to call and he did so. The river was the 6d putting a flush possibility out there, but I did not see him having that. I wanted to get paid off for my Full house, so I only bet $3.500 into the $7,775 pot. This left me with $8,700 in chips. He had me out chipped by a few thousand. He thought for about 30 seconds and then said ALL-IN. The only hands I lose to are Pocket Aces and Pocket 6's, I could not imagine he would just call my raise on the turn with either of these hands. He would of had to raise the A's and fold the 6's right? I was trying to go over in my head what other hands he might do this with. Personally, I could not make this ALL-IN bet with anything less that maybe the nut flush or a set of 3's if I thought I had a good read on my opponent. I was at a loss. I faced putting in my last $8,700 into a pot of $19,975. My gut said make tha call and I did. He had the pocket 6's and he took down 20% of my bankroll in one hand.I was playing over my head in this game and I think the situation got to me. That was a severe amount of cash to blow on one hand, even with a monster like 8's full. I think he misplayed his hand on the turn and got lucky. Regardless, it is back to the limit world and a month or 2 to build up my roll again.Please advise your thoughts.Regards,

Please advise your thoughts.
BBFIDTS?Don't play out of your roll.Coolers suck.So do one-outers.That's all.Don't fold this hand ever.I think you played it well, actually, and I think he did too. He put you on an ace it seemed, or the flush draw, and wanted you to pay on the turn.Not much else to say here.
BBFIDTS?Don't play out of your roll.Coolers suck.So do one-outers.That's all.Don't fold this hand ever.I think you played it well, actually, and I think he did too. He put you on an ace it seemed, or the flush draw, and wanted you to pay on the turn.Not much else to say here.
QFT. On all of this.I thought about posting BBFIDTS when I first saw this thread, but thought it might be a bit harsh. Since you added all that other stuff it works though Zach.
why would you play with 20% of your roll on the table if losing it would upset you?
It was a mistake for sure. I am used to having $2k-$4K in play each session, but the table was very weak and I had great position at the table. Overall the $15K isn't going to kill me as I still have 1,000 big blinds for my normal 30-60 game, but the way I lost is what kills the most. I am trying to grow my NLH game as well as my PLO game, unfortunately I just went to high.Regards,
The only hands I lose to are Pocket Aces and Pocket 6's, I could not imagine he would just call my raise on the turn with either of these hands. He would of had to raise the A's and fold the 6's right?
What?I dont see what would make a 30/60 limit player jump into a 25/50 nl game when hes trying to learn the game. 5/10 or lower is probably the way to go next time.
It was a mistake for sure. I am used to having $2k-$4K in play each session, but the table was very weak and I had great position at the table. Overall the $15K isn't going to kill me as I still have 1,000 big blinds for my normal 30-60 game, but the way I lost is what kills the most. I am trying to grow my NLH game as well as my PLO game, unfortunately I just went to high.Regards,
Welcome to every experience I've ever had moving up on the internets.
can you post some hands? i get off on other people misery.

Can't really throw stones here. I had 30% of my bankroll on an Omaha table about 2 or 3 weeks ago. All you can really do here is say "OK, the shot didn't work", and take off however much time it takes until your ready to go back to your old limit. This will likely be > 1 day and < 1 week, although the exact time frame varies from person to person. Just remember, you're still in good shape for your current level, and you still have plenty of money. I also like to spend some money in this situation just to remind myself that my financial situation's in good shape. I'd probably go either buy myself something nice or go out drinking and maybe hit up a strip club (you are in Vegas right?) Failing that, at the very least, go get a really nice dinner. Remember, getting your mind right is more important than any small expenses right now.

Reguardless of how much money value to you the call was on the river, it was correct. You were getting dealt enough odds and it made poker sense to call. If it hurts you to call all-in with such a good hand, you're playing in too high a limit. Anytime I'm confident but i look at the money value of a call i realize I'm over my head. But you knew that, you took a shot and it didn't work. Played the hand great though, only thing is i might have been more aggressive before the river with the flushdraw out there. That's when you can't slowplay it as slow.

10% of your bankroll is a lot to bring to one session. Of course it stung: it was a huge chunk of change to you. A lot of these guys probably are sitting on bigger bankrolls, can take such losses and thus aren't playing under as much pressure.Move down, dude. You'll have a much better shot at building up your bankroll, with less of a risk, and you'll probably enjoy the game more.

ul. I'm sure you'll bounce back.A couple of thoughts on the hand...This looks like a good spot for a 3bet preflop, assuming that when you say the guy is an aggressive player you mean he's LAG PF.I personally would struggle to fold a 66 on the turn. You could have 33, 86, A8 if he is LAG preflop.But I can't fold your hand either so no worries.

Everybody goes bust from time to time...Nah listen, it was just bad timing being he had the 66. I think you both played it pretty much the way it should be played. One thing i say i would not have put him on was AA, it became more likly for him to have 66,either way i think this call is made 999,990 out of 1 million times.