Couple Of Questions About Odds

Both these situations occurred to people I know twice in the last month....I'm curiuos about the odds - I've tried calculating them myself, and though the numbers seem to make sense, I don't know if I'm way off base or not.Situation A:Poker dealer flops AAA.Then proceeds to do so twice more in the next two hours or so.Figuring this occurred over the course of 120 hands (and probably less)....what are the odds of flopping AAA three times in that span?I'm coming up with about 200000:1.Situation B:Player had AA, all-in preflop, lost to a royal flush....for a ten-handed table, I'm getting 2.5 million:1 for you to have AA, and someone else to get a royal by the river.Then had it happened to him again less than an hour later.So, what are the odds of this happening twice in, say, 100 hands.I'm coming up with about a billion to 1.Thanks

About as rare as having a 6 2 K flop followed by a 9 Q Q flop followed by a 3 A 5 flop all in one session.
Very true - just your flops don't open the door for a bad beat jackpot the way AAA does. But thanks for the Microsoft answer.Likewise:7h3s5c9d2h is just as rare as AhKhQhJhTh - so why is one more valuable than the other?

For A, there are 4 ways to choose a AAA flop, one for each A we don't select.The probability of a given flop being AAA is:p = 4 / (52 choose 3) = 0.000180995475The probability of this happening three times is p^3 for a given three deals. There are 120 deals and we can select three of them in 120 choose 3 ways. The other 117 times we deal not AAA. (This part doesn't make much difference; it's 98%)(120 choose 3)p^3(1-p)^117 = 1.6 x 10^-6So yeah, 600,000:1.

About as rare as having a 6 2 K flop followed by a 9 Q Q flop followed by a 3 A 5 flop all in one session.
Not really. There are 16 times as many 3 A 5 flops as AAA flops.