Acoustic Song Suggestions

STP did an outstanding acoustic version of one of their earlier songs (plush maybe?)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STP did an outstanding acoustic version of one of their earlier songs (plush maybe?)
Yes, it was Plush. It's excellent, but I can't find it anywhere. I thought it was on one of the Headbanger's Ball CDs, but I couldn't find it.
Yes, it was Plush. It's excellent, but I can't find it anywhere. I thought it was on one of the Headbanger's Ball CDs, but I couldn't find it.
I hear you - I have been looking for it for a long *** time

they just kick ***. STP. the song creep is good is also youre diggin acoustic stuff.

i doubt anyone will post it in hereAngel Son by Sevendust....it is about their deceaced band mate Lynn Strait who was killed with his dog in a car crash. The song is great, the video (link below) is better...just a hint, that blurry guy is Lynn's ghostThe Man who sold the world - Nirvana's cover

they just kick ***. STP. the song creep is good is also youre diggin acoustic stuff.
STP has a bunch of good acoustic songs, as well as good acoustic versions of their other songs so definently get some STP in the mix.also i would recommend "those to come" by the shins

Basically any Jackson Browne acoustic song....Something FineSong for AdamThese DaysToo Many Angelsetc....etcSooo many other artists...but I'll leave it at that for now...

the band "Live" has a very good acoustic version of 'I Alone' floating around.

I just got a double album of the Counting Crows there are a ton of good acoustics on it. Raining in Baltimore is fantastic.edit: maybe fewer fully acoustic than I thought. RiB is though and it's wonderful.edit again: Crap it's pretty much all piano on that track. Nevermind.

May I suggest ITunes. The album BTW is "Thank You".*L*T*
andy mckee
porcupine tree also owns but their best stuff is noT acoustic. DARK MATTER, A SMART KID, AND BUYING NEW SOUL FTW.
interesting song selection. i agree with dark matter and bns, a smart kid is still just a little bit too slow for me. sky moves sideways phase one is their best song. start of something beautiful, arriving somewhere, basically all of deadwing and the first half of in absentia are disgustingly badass, as are sever, waiting phase one, and every other song theyve ever made other than collapse the light.pt is so much better than the second best band in the world that its really a travesty that not more people have heard of them.hm, 500 posts. sweet.
My son plays John Lennon's Imagine on his acoustic guitar and it is amazing.
My son's name is Lennon.I'd love to hear your son playing Imagine. Has he recorded himself?
  • Bob Dylan
  • James Taylor
  • Stereophonics
  • Travis
  • Bon Jovi (Acoustic album)
  • David Gray
  • Foo Fighters (In Your Honour)
  • The Fray
  • Idlewild (not a huge fan, but they have done some good stuff)
  • Oasis
  • REM

Re-Align - Godsmack (the acoustic version of course)I used to lover her- Guns N RosesOne in a Million- Guns N RosesAnything by Crosby Stills, Nash, and Young
Nice suggestion on some lesser known GNR songs. But I'm suprised noone in this thread has mentioned one of my favorite GNR and overall acoustic songs..."Patience" anyone?Some other greats:Almost anything by Clapton, his Unplugged album is amazing. The notable songs would be the acoustic version of "Layla" and of course "Tears in Heaven".The Nirvana Unplugged in NY album is also pretty damn good.Skid Row- "I Remember You"Blind Melon- "No Rain"Pink Floyd- "Wish You Were Here"Poison- "Every Rose Has It's Thorn"Mr Big- "To Be With You"Tesla- "Love Song"The All American Rejects- "It Ends Tonight"
Nice suggestion on some lesser known GNR songs. But I'm suprised noone in this thread has mentioned one of my favorite GNR and overall acoustic songs..."Patience" anyone?
QFT. Can't help but start whistling.
  • 1 month later...