Acoustic Song Suggestions

I'm trying to put together a very large playlist of acoustic guitar songs. Any suggestions?Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd (on the radio right now)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to put together a very large playlist of acoustic guitar songs. Any suggestions?Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd (on the radio right now)
Foo fighters do some alright stuff.

Alone Again or... by Love (Arthur Lee)So. Central Rain, REMTrains, Porcupine TreeCan't Find My Way Home, Blind FaithCan't think of any more, but also these songs are not entirely "acoustic", although acoustic guitar is a primary instrument.

They have a show from 8-11am on Sunday mornings on a station called The Buzz here in West Palm. 103.1 The Buzz. The show is called Buzz Light and they play all kinds of acoustic rock, everything from Tori Amos to The Cranberries to Hawthorne Heights etc. (soft to hard rock artists is my point) and I always catch the last 1/2 hour and always tell myself to get up but I never do.The answer is, I really don't have an answer.http://www.buzz103.com/This isn't all, but its just a small sample of what they play.Oasis – Wonderwall Goo Goo Dolls – Name (Acoustic) Lisa Loeb and 9 Stories – Stay (I Missed You) Staind – Comfortably Numb The Fray – Over My Head (Cable Car) Dave Matthews Band – Lover Lay Down The Cure – Letter to Elise QOTSA – No One Knows (Acoustic) G. Love – Hot Cookin' Ism – Breathe Pete Yorn – For Us Phish – Sample in a Jar The Raconteurs – Steady, As She Goes (Acoustic) Death Cab for Cutie – I Will Follow You into the Dark Matthew Sweet – Looking at the Sun (Acoustic) Jack Johnson – Bad Fish/Boss DJ Five for Fighting – 100 Years Sara McLachlan – Adia The Shins – New Slang Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars Coldplay – The Hardest Part No Doubt – Don't Speak Augustana – Boston Fiona Apple – Shadowboxer Radiohead – Creep (Acoustic) Donavon Frankenreiter – Lovely Day Crash Test Dummies – Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm Taking Back Sunday – Makedamnsure (Buzz Lounge) Michael Andrews and Gary Jules – Mad World Melissa Etheridge – Chrome Plated Heart Counting Crows – A Long December Nelly Furtado – Crazy (Acoustic) Bob Marley – Slogans John Mayer – Waiting for the World to Change Ray Lamontagne – Three More Days Stroke 9 – Little Black Back Pack (Acoustic) Matchbox 20 – Push (Acoustic) Alanis Morissette – All I Really Want (Acoustic) Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – Facedown (Acoustic) Pearl Jam – Crazy Mary James Blunt – You're Beautiful Smashing Pumpkins – Rocket (Acoustic) The Killers – Somebody Told Me (Acoustic) James – Laid Guster – One Man Wrecking MachineSheryl Crow – First Cut is the Deepest Ben Folds Five – Don't Change You Plans for Me Mat Kearney – Nothing Left to Lose

When Doves Cry - Barenaked LadiesHeaven - LiveGravedigger - Dave MatthewsSorry - Ben HarperShiver - ColdplayAll Along the Watchtower - Dave Matthews BandI'll Be - Edwin McainHeart Shaped Box - EvanesencePardon Me - IncubusIn Your Eyes - Jeffrey Gaines (this guy rocks hardcore if you really dig acoustic ****)She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5Simple Man - ShinedownAll For You - Sister HazelIf You Could Only See - TonicWaiting on an Angel - Ben HarperSexual Healin' - Ben HarperAnd a shameless plug to my friend's myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/thatguysings

Live at Luther College - Dave Matthews & Tim ReynoldsThe whole album.

Alone Again or... by Love (Arthur Lee)So. Central Rain, REMTrains, Porcupine TreeCan't Find My Way Home, Blind FaithCan't think of any more, but also these songs are not entirely "acoustic", although acoustic guitar is a primary instrument.
you just went from here (low/indifferent) to here (high). pt is my life.opeth has some pretty amazing acoustic songs. still day beneath the sun, death whispered a lullaby, harvest, benighted, iono. try their damnation album.alice in chains unplugged is nice. but usually, acoustic music is pretty gay.