1/2 Nl $40mx At The Bike

Does any one play this game regularly? I played it last night and it was the softest table in LA. I profited more from it than my usuall games. I had heard that it was normaly a game played all preflop but last night no one would raise and if you came over the top in late posistion they would fold out. Is this normal for this game at the Bike?

Does any one play this game regularly? I played it last night and it was the softest table in LA. I profited more from it than my usuall games. I had heard that it was normaly a game played all preflop but last night no one would raise and if you came over the top in late posistion they would fold out. Is this normal for this game at the Bike?
That's supposed to say 400 max, right?

Normally I wouldnt myself but I was with somefriend who dont play often and didnt want to risk much. But I ended up take as much if not more than my normal 1/2 nl game.

From what I understand its a normal game. Ive herd the floor call people for a 40nl game before but I always assumed they meant 40 minimum not max

Yeah, I found it to be easy. People got tired of me bullying them so they started pushing preflop almost everyhand. Then it was easy for me to sit back and wait for a big hand and call the all-in. I quadrupled my $40 buy in with in a hour and half. I understand I was on a bit of a tear picking up hands but this was a rediculously easy game.

Yeah, I found it to be easy. People got tired of me bullying them so they started pushing preflop almost everyhand. Then it was easy for me to sit back and wait for a big hand and call the all-in. I quadrupled my $40 buy in with in a hour and half. I understand I was on a bit of a tear picking up hands but this was a rediculously easy game.
Definately an easy/fun game to play, the 1/3 is an 80 nl also, that's just as easy, but more money to be made

ive played this more than a few times over the past year or so. my rule is to have at least $160 because of the volatility of playing with people who will call a $15 preflop raise with five deuce suited can hurt you over the short term, but long term you can make a reasonable profit. if you go broke or get below $20 you can reload up to $60. i've walked away from this game up over $300 within a few hours more than once and never dropped more than $100 in it. the players are truly awful. i actually find it's kind of pointless to play really aggressively since many of these players will call off their money with draws and any pair; it's just better to make a big hand once every 20 mins. or so and get paid off.

I imagine the skill level is just about the same as the $50NL game at Hustler in Gardena. 1/2 blinds there as well. I usually bring 3-4 buy-ins but have only gone in for 4 buy-ins once. I left on Thanksgiving night with $700+ after being in for $100. Big stacks often think they can push from late position with all limpers, not realizing that some people are smart to understand they will do that. I called an all-in from the big stack (about $500) when I had about $225 and he proudly turned over J6o. I won that hand, and then stacked him when he showed a 7d preflop and pushed and I called with KJs. Jack hit (he had 78o), i stacked him of over $500 in less than 15 minutes. I just never bring too many buy-ins because there are nights when you are going to get sucked out on by idiots and it's hard not to tilt when you think to yourself, "oh it's just another $50. with a short roll though, $50 buy-ins do add up if you're down 5 buy-ins.

If you're playing that game, you should just play the $100NL or better yet the 200NL at the Bike. By far the 200NL is the juiciest game at the Bike. There was one time there, the guy went all in 15 times in a row blind. He was called I think 10 times and lost every one. He just kept rebuying, LOL.If you stay at the 200NL table for 4 hours, you should easily make at least $600 profit. If you're running good, you should make $2K easy.