Do You Think It Is Possible?

Do you think it is possible, to have a day-time job and be one of the best players in poker on the side? Any examples of top players that also work?
Possible? Yes. Difficult? Yes.Alan Goering, Eli Elezra, Barry Greenstein (not anymore but he did work for a long time)
Possible? Yes. Difficult? Yes.Alan Goering, Eli Elezra, Barry Greenstein (not anymore but he did work for a long time)
I am not sure if he is a great player... but Barry Greenstein said in one of his books that he had to quit his job because he was losing to much money.I would add Dewey Tomko to that list though. He also said he was forced to quit teaching because he would leave games where he could make $1000s for the $35 dollars he made as a teacher.

Sure it's possible. Not only a matter of possible, it's not a bad idea for insurance reasons as well. Especially for any up and coming players who need the insurance for emergency reasons.

Goehring and Elezra are hardly top players. depends what u consider a full tim job too. As in, writing, commentating or just working in general, if its poker related does it count?Harry Demetriou has a full time job I believe, but who knows whether he is a winning player. Hachem used have a full time job, and he was a pro. but there are very guys that beat the >400-800 games that aren't pros

Goehring and Elezra are hardly top players.
Eli and Alan may not be top 5 but these are good players. if OP could become as successful as either i'm sure he'd be happy.
Goehring and Elezra are hardly top players. depends what u consider a full tim job too. As in, writing, commentating or just working in general, if its poker related does it count?Harry Demetriou has a full time job I believe, but who knows whether he is a winning player. Hachem used have a full time job, and he was a pro. but there are very guys that beat the >400-800 games that aren't pros
How is Eli not a top player? He plays at some of the largest stakes regularly in Vegas.
a full-time 9-5? no.
yesskill is not measured by how much free time they have.now if someone was winnning hundres of thousands and even millions a year on poker....why would they have a 9-5
How is Eli not a top player? He plays at some of the largest stakes regularly in Vegas.
Eli is a catalyst for the limit games from 1000-2000 up to 2000-4000
-Barry GreensteinYeah, forgot about Dan Harrington
what's bottom boy
it means I am always the one taking orders and not the one giving them. I am always the one doing the dirty work like taking out the trash, cleaning the floors, doing the heavier stuff. I dont work at burger king anymore by the way, i am a student now. but I use to work at burger king and I was their bottom boy, thats why I left.