Multitabling Sng's Vs Single Tabling

Do you find that the more tables you're playing on, the tighter you play and the more cashes you have? Or do you play better with just one table?Multitabling=3+ tables for this scenario. $10 NL Hold'em Sng's.

Nah I dont like multitabling single table SNGs..it makes me play too tight, especially when it gets short handed. I feel like I'm missing opportunities to steal. My ROI in SNGs is 65% right now with more than 500 played on stars, so yeah I dont want to mess with a good thing.

Do you find that the more tables you're playing on, the tighter you play and the more cashes you have? Or do you play better with just one table?Multitabling=3+ tables for this scenario. $10 NL Hold'em Sng's.
3 tabling you're still gonna have a lot of time in between hands if your playing a full table ring game. but once it gets higher than that, it's a lot more mechanical. so you just play the cards. I multitable cause I make more money.
Nah I dont like multitabling single table SNGs..it makes me play too tight, especially when it gets short handed. I feel like I'm missing opportunities to steal. My ROI in SNGs is 65% right now with more than 500 played on stars, so yeah I dont want to mess with a good thing.
What limits? Obviously, I'm not doubting you, but that is not a sustainable ROI even though your sample size is semi-decent. But mad props on such a high ROI. Also, I remember Jennifear (really good at SNGs) say that after a certain amount each additional sng decreases ROI by a certain percentage (3-6ish), although overall it increases $/hr sorry for the ambiguity
my ROI is 100% with 50,000 games played on stars
What limits? Obviously, I'm not doubting you, but that is not a sustainable ROI even though your sample size is semi-decent. But mad props on such a high ROI. Also, I remember Jennifear (really good at SNGs) say that after a certain amount each additional sng decreases ROI by a certain percentage (3-6ish), although overall it increases $/hr sorry for the ambiguity
Right now I'm in the $11-$15 range. I do play some 180s and I do well in them, and I guess that helps my ROI stay up a bit. You can look me up on sharkscope - SN = danny2271Also I should add that when I'm playing a SNG Im not usually only playing just that. I might have another MTT or 2 going...just not another SNG. I just dont like getting shorthanded on 2 tables at once. Its the most important time and I dont want to be at any disadvantage.
Right now I'm in the $11-$15 range. I do play some $180s and I do well in them, and I guess that helps my ROI stay up a bit. You can look me up on sharkscope - SN = danny2271Also I should that when I'm playing a SNG Im not usually only playing just that. I might have another MTT or 2 going...just not another SNG. I just dont like getting shorthanded on 2 tables at once. Its the most important time and I dont want to be at any disadvantage.
You must be close to having one of the shark icons next to your name... e-mail them and tell them to sort it out!
Right now I'm in the $11-$15 range. I do play some 180s and I do well in them, and I guess that helps my ROI stay up a bit. You can look me up on sharkscope - SN = danny2271Also I should add that when I'm playing a SNG Im not usually only playing just that. I might have another MTT or 2 going...just not another SNG. I just dont like getting shorthanded on 2 tables at once. Its the most important time and I dont want to be at any disadvantage.
Very impressive stats!I agree with you on the multitabling. I play max 2 tables at a time. Beyond that and I have difficulty learning about my opponents and how they play, which I think is extremely important in increasing ROI%. You play too many tables and you reach a point where you are only playing based on your cards and not your opponents. Btw, my ROI is ~50% having played about 50 5$ sngs (stevel999 on sharkscope PS). Only a small sample I know and still a long way off knowing whether I can sustain it.Cheers
If course the ROI that sharkscape show is not your ROI for standard SNG's. It is an average of ROI at all levels. So if you do well in some 180's it skews your "average ROI" wildly.If you look at the graphs that are shown you're ROI's are roughly:108% at 1$5% at 5$46% at 6$28% at 11$29% at 15$
If course the ROI that sharkscape show is not your ROI for standard SNG's. It is an average of ROI at all levels. So if you do well in some 180's it skews your "average ROI" wildly.If you look at the graphs that are shown you're ROI's are roughly:108% at 1$5% at 5$46% at 6$28% at 11$29% at 15$
I agree. And he has had some recent success in 45 player Sngs which has boosted his overall ROI. However, to be +ve at all levels is a good indication that he is someone I would rather avoid! I would rather play ROI -45% players, who seem to be numerous.
I agree. And he has had some recent success in 45 player Sngs which has boosted his overall ROI. However, to be +ve at all levels is a good indication that he is someone I would rather avoid! I would rather play ROI -45% players, who seem to be numerous.
Absolutely. It's a sure sign of a good player if they make money at every level they play.
Very impressive stats!I agree with you on the multitabling. I play max 2 tables at a time. Beyond that and I have difficulty learning about my opponents and how they play, which I think is extremely important in increasing ROI%. You play too many tables and you reach a point where you are only playing based on your cards and not your opponents. Btw, my ROI is ~50% having played about 50 5$ sngs (stevel999 on sharkscope PS). Only a small sample I know and still a long way off knowing whether I can sustain it.Cheers
Depending on the size of the MMT you really don't stay at one table long enough to "get to know the players" , because you get moved around when they reduced tables. I allways have at least 3 ring cash games going and a tourney going. I just play the cards at the tourney till it gets down to the bubble or last 3 tables. Depending on the buyin or what the final table pays out, I will sit out at the ring games to kill the final table.
Having reads is important, IMHO. So when multi-tabling prevents you from that info for the bubble, that's the cap. For now, I can only go with 2 tables. When you're in the bubble stages, it helps to know that a big stack to your left will call big raises or will play more cautiously. It helps to know that a guy to your right is playing aggro on the bubble to help decide whether to call his all-in with AJ, or whether he's conservative to only do this with AK, AQs and high PP.