Anyone Here Like Chris Moneymaker?

how good is my moneymaker impression  

15 members have voted

1. 1. how good is my moneymaker impression

• not bad
    • pretty good
    • not even close
    • accent needs word

everyone knows how badly he did on poker superstars, so I made fun of him in this video: (I am not from the south, thats why my southern accent attempt is weak)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSmo0LZnnp0
I remember that episode. Does he even play in the WSOP anymore? or has he realized that he won't ever luckbox his way into the money again?AND WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO SPIDERMAN????? Bring him back!!!!!

I met Chris at the bellagio in the spring of 2005 while playing the daily tourney there. He was a very nice guy and was very forthcoming while awnsering questions from everybody at the table. Not stuck up at all and i dont think he takes himself to seriously. Everyone knows he isnt a top player but he isnt as terrible as everyone says(try money800 on sharkscope). He is an average guy who got very very very lucky and most of us can relate. He is one of the few poker players who will pbly never go broke. Poker would pbly be alot diffrent today if Farha would have won and not for the better.

everybody seems to forget moneymaker's second place finish in a wpt. if everyone thinks he is a luck box donk they arent looking at the whole picture. granted he is not a top pro but he has some skill, maybe more than most. he runs his own business and i am pretty sure he barely ever plays tounies anymore. and i am pretty sure he is one of the big reasons poker is so big now.

great guy I have always liked him. Why everyone gives him such a hard time is beyond me .. he doesn't have a big ego and doesn't call himself one of the best players, he's just a poker player like the rest of us. He's done a ton for poker and has a great personality. I love watching him on TV he's laid back and seems like a great guy. Everyone seems to go after him saying he's horrible etc etc ... you do know he won the WSOP over 3 1/2 years ago right ? He placed 3rd in the pokerstars stud hi lo WCOOP in 2005 and 16th in the stud tournament, he's vastly improved over the last 3 1/2 years and even Barry G said the same thing when at one of his tables. Said he's a lot better of a player than most people think. Lay off the guy he was the best thing to ever happened to poker imo ... I don't get what's the hate about this guy ? How could you watch him and hate him ? What does he do to piss you guys off so much ?

Ya, I don't understand all the moneymaker hateration. I'm sure he isn't crying himself to sleep in bed in his mansion next to his supermodel gf (or his wife if he's married i dunno) becuase of what internet forum posters think of him.

God Bless Chris Moneymaker.
QFMFT His play aside, his fame has brought throngs of people into poker who will never crack a book to study. People who will never discuss hand histories with better players. I'm not a great player, but I'm working on my game, and in the meantime there are plenty of people at the low limit tables to help pay for my education.Edit: Couple posts slipped in while I was typing.I don't understand either why people hate on him so much. If he ran his mouth like Gold, then I could see cause for some annoyance with him. But he seems like an ok guy.

In order to win an 800 man tournament with blinds at a really slow level like the WSOP, you cant suck at poker. He wasn't great and he got really lucky, like any other person who will ever with the WSOP will get in the future. But he made an amazing call with3/3 against Dutch Boyd when he thought he was ahead after the flop, and they showed him laying down top pair before, so he's not a total calling station. Plus he pulled off a great bluff. He's not one of the best there is, but he's probably better than you or me.But I don't see where he created this buzz about poker. I think the hole cards on the Travel Channel did a lot more, Moneymaker was there at the right place and right time. He was a nobody, has a great last name and is an everyman. But the boom was coming with or without him.