Advice On A Live Hand

Last night I was playing at the Borgata at a 1-2 table. I had been there a while and and basically treading water. I bought in for $200 and was just fluctuating between $100 and $300 all night. This hand came up and I can't decide if I made the right decision or not, I think the call would be marginal, but I still think maybe I should have made it in hindsight.The Hand:I am on the button with 8h7h. Two early players limp in, I limp and the small blind completes. The big blind raises $5 to $7 total. This was a very odd raise to say the least. The typical raise at this table was about $10-$15 dollars and the BB had to know that the $5 raise wasn't chasing anyone out. I had never seen this player raise like this before, so I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Everyone called and we went 5 to the flop ($35 in the pot). The flop came 9h 7c 5s. SB checked, the BB bet $10, which was called by both middle players. I opted to call with my middle pair and gutshot, and the SB called as well. ($85 in the pot). The turn was Ah and the SB checked and the BB fired $50. Both players in middle position folded and it was to me. The SB looked as if he would be throwing his hand away, so I wasn't concerned about him.There is now $135 in the pot and it's fifty to call. I put him on AA or AK I just couldn't seeing him leading out this much on the turn with any other hands. Due to his odd preflop action I felt AA was a good possibilty because he almost seemed to be inviting everyone to call (why he would want 4 callers with aces, I'll never know). Having a gutshot staight draw, flush draw and a pair I figured to be about 25% to win against AA and about 40% to win against AK. After some thinking I opted to fold. I figured hitting two pair or three 7's may not be enough to win so I was only drawing to a heart or a 6. I have been going over it in my head and I ultimately think I should have called because the implied odds probably justified it. Just wanted to get others thoughts on it. Thanks.(By the way, in case anyone is wondering about the chip stacks I had about $150 before the hand so calling would have left me with about $90. The BB had me very well covered.)

Last night I was playing at the Borgata at a 1-2 table. I had been there a while and and basically treading water. I bought in for $200 and was just fluctuating between $100 and $300 all night. This hand came up and I can't decide if I made the right decision or not, I think the call would be marginal, but I still think maybe I should have made it in hindsight.The Hand:I am on the button with 8h7h. Two early players limp in, I limp and the small blind completes. The big blind raises $5 to $7 total. This was a very odd raise to say the least. The typical raise at this table was about $10-$15 dollars and the BB had to know that the $5 raise wasn't chasing anyone out. I had never seen this player raise like this before, so I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Everyone called and we went 5 to the flop ($35 in the pot). The flop came 9h 7c 5s. SB checked, the BB bet $10, which was called by both middle players. I opted to call with my middle pair and gutshot, and the SB called as well. ($85 in the pot). The turn was Ah and the SB checked and the BB fired $50. Both players in middle position folded and it was to me. The SB looked as if he would be throwing his hand away, so I wasn't concerned about him.There is now $135 in the pot and it's fifty to call. I put him on AA or AK I just couldn't seeing him leading out this much on the turn with any other hands. Due to his odd preflop action I felt AA was a good possibilty because he almost seemed to be inviting everyone to call (why he would want 4 callers with aces, I'll never know). Having a gutshot staight draw, flush draw and a pair I figured to be about 25% to win against AA and about 40% to win against AK. After some thinking I opted to fold. I figured hitting two pair or three 7's may not be enough to win so I was only drawing to a heart or a 6. I have been going over it in my head and I ultimately think I should have called because the implied odds probably justified it. Just wanted to get others thoughts on it. Thanks.(By the way, in case anyone is wondering about the chip stacks I had about $150 before the hand so calling would have left me with about $90. The BB had me very well covered.)
If you wanted to keep playing a while, that's probably a good fold.
Not sure why you would call on the flop. You have nine outs at best and if a 6 does come you could easily be beat by an 8 10, an 8 could also easily lose to a straight, and you may even lose if a 7 hits to a better kicker. My play here is to either raise on the flop $35 at least to see where you really stand or FOLD. You could win it right there or will severely reduce the field and probably get a free card. If you are reraised you can let the hand go. Plenty depends on your opponents and their tendencies. I would always like to take control though and not just be a calling station.