This is gonna suck. Suck suck suck suck suck.Big weiner.I mean suck really really really bad. Equivalent to a mouth-p.issing, yet not as funny.Garafalo sucks. NBC sucks. (Besides Apprentice and Contender)

With the recent poker explosion, I wouldn't doubt that there is a poker sitcom being made about Annie Duke.However, today is April Fool's Day. So I take everything I read today with a grain of salt.

They'll stick it in a prime time slot, with a great lead in, and it might do well for a couple of weeks.  I'll put the over/under at 6 episodes.
I've gotta take the over on this one... it will get 7....
They'll stick it in a prime time slot, with a great lead in, and it might do well for a couple of weeks.  I'll put the over/under at 6 episodes.
I've gotta take the over on this one... it will get 7....
Under. Bet the farm.

I can't see this. Garafalo hasn't done anything in years that isn't just an anti-Bush triade. Not that there isn't a market for that, Moore is doing well enough with it etc. But how is she going to combine that with cards?Seems like your typical "gal" in a Man's world tired old cliche sit com. Here's my predictions.Pilot - Annie has to get her kids off to school - shot of her wiping a nose, reminding a kid of something. Later, she's be at the table and the shot will be repeated so we see poker players are just like her kids, and she's a poker-mom! It'll end iwth a big tourney win and then a kid crawling in bed. They'll have the following characters - Phil - an apserger's guy who throws fits - he's the straight man who doesn't get her clever jokes.Phil - the young cool black guy who gets the jokes and really looks up to Annie as his role model (no, really - I'll bet.)Howard - her brother/former mentor, now the student to Annie.Jesus - just because it will be offensive to some people Poker couple man/Poker couple woman - competent players but bickeringGaypoker guy - gaunrantee a "poker? poke-him" joke - besides they want to represent all minorities - nevermind a ton of great poker players are Asian, they will be conspiquiously absent. Regular season - Episode 1 - Male Chavanist Pig - a cowboy with a hot hand says ladies can't play poker, and then beats Annie in a key hand. She has doubts and all her "real" friends including some former nemesis tell her "You can do it Girl!" and she goes on to beat him in a tense heads up final table showdown.Episode 2 - New Girl in Town - a cute blonde hottie (who's more than passing resembalence to Jen Harmon is TOTAL coincidence) shows up and starts contending for the title of top lady player - after a short bitter rivalry, they realize that they are both pioneers in the man's world of poker and hence forth become "Poker Sista's" Of course the blonde is too cute for Garafalo and is never seen again.Episode 3 - Tension at home - balancing a homelife and a pro poker career result in a series of madcap hijinks.Episode 4 - The NBC Hold'em Showdown tie in event. 30 top players do walk-ons and all ask Annie for advice. She convinces the first Phil to go all in every hand, and when he does IT WORKS! Annie gets to say the "Everytime but one" line.Episode 5 - Surprise appearance by Matt Damon playing Mike McDermott. Annie must balance sudden romance, her poker career and family pressures. Finally Matt/Mike leaves and she can't follow, yet is happy in her life...Episode 6 - UN of Poker - Annie finds herself at table with a Russian, an Iranian, a Costa Rican, an Irish guy, Phil (the black one) and nevermind that lack of Asians, Annie eliminates them 1 by 1 while honoring the unique cultural perspectives they each bring to the game - at the end she wins, but sees that they are all winners because they can appreciate thier differences...CANCELLED - I've already gone on way to long...

Which episode do a team of masked poker players beat her with blunt objects for never shutting up and annoying the piss out of everyone?

Buddha,Great post, the "You can do it girl" line had me rollin, I also like the way you tie Matt Damon into it, the love affair gone wrong, classic. Mad props. :D ~Slick~

This should be interesting...http://www.pokernews.info/news/2005/04/jan...duke-sitcom.htmAs an Annie Duke fan, I'm intrigued.  But because I know what most people think of her, flame away...
id rather watch a midget take a dump in a bowl of ice cream than watch anything based on this woman....like i said in another post about this some tme ago, this show will make me miss tilt...eww..i felt queasy just typing that....
get me down for 5000 on the under at plus 190.00 :D
This should be interesting...http://www.pokernews.info/news/2005/04/jan...duke-sitcom.htmAs an Annie Duke fan, I'm intrigued.  But because I know what most people think of her, flame away...
id rather watch a midget take a dump in a bowl of ice cream than watch anything based on this woman....like i said in another post about this some tme ago, this show will make me miss tilt...eww..i felt queasy just typing that....
Im pretty sure howard stern offers what your looking for iveyfan :D however i 1,000,000,000% agree. I will watch the pilot just to aggravate myself :wink: