Caught up on the last ep yesterday, some thoughts:-What happened to Morris after he presumably fought off the Chinese soldier? We never see him again. And Nadia fighting off a soldier, lol come on.-JB's sliding attack was epic. Greatness.-"This doesn't make any sense" LOL, word.Even if the finale is great, this'll still be the worst season by far to me.
oh no...avatar thiefing!
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sad that we won't see a new episode of 24 until January, but I was kind of dissapointed. That was not a great ending that I expected from 24. These seemed like they could be episodes leading up to something big. The very end would have been interesting if they showed Jack do something, like put his leg up over the fence to show that he was about to jump.No matter how mediocre the episode was (it was still good, but not that good when you consider it was the last episode), when Jack jumped to the helicopter right when the oil thing exploded (though it was obvious that he would live) was still good. I would look to applaud Joseph Hodges for that set and location. When they showed an aerial view of the oil thing, it looked awesome.But bravo on an entertaing season. I hope in future seasons they will show what happened to Chase, Kim, and Bill/Karen. Next season should be good. Its supposed to be very different from the other seasons; I don't think its going to take place in LA, but maybe in New York or in England. The next two seasons should be great! :club:

I am sad that we won't see a new episode of 24 until January, but I was kind of dissapointed. That was not a great ending that I expected from 24. These seemed like they could be episodes leading up to something big. The very end would have been interesting if they showed Jack do something, like put his leg up over the fence to show that he was about to jump.No matter how mediocre the episode was (it was still good, but not that good when you consider it was the last episode), when Jack jumped to the helicopter right when the oil thing exploded (though it was obvious that he would live) was still good. I would look to applaud Joseph Hodges for that set and location. When they showed an aerial view of the oil thing, it looked awesome.But bravo on an entertaing season. I hope in future seasons they will show what happened to Chase, Kim, and Bill/Karen. Next season should be good. Its supposed to be very different from the other seasons; I don't think its going to take place in LA, but maybe in New York or in England. The next two seasons should be great! :club:
dude, this season sucked. completely sucked. there was nothing good about it. all the characters that were great before were useless this season. tell me one single good chloe moment this season. nothing. they need to find some way to re-invent this show without getting rid of the core experience. i mean, the most exciting part of the finale besides the massive set piece was the return of the jack sack. that's pretty weak.

This season started off as the best season that I've seen (I've only seen seasons 2, 3, 6). However, it was very uncreative with everything. No surprise villians, no actual moles inside of CTU, only a few moments that leave you with your jaw dropped (the nuke going off, Milo getting shot, that's about it). This season really started going downhill once Gredenko and Fayed died and they found the nukes. This was still a good show as far as most TV goes, but it was definitely disappointing in comparison to the other seasons of 24.

30 Minutes to get into range with F18's 10 miles off the coast of LA on a day that has seen a Nuclear Bomb go off close to LA???I've bitched in here before this year about how disappointed I was this season and I'm probably being over critical here, but how can they wrap up the entire season on this premise? Surely it wouldn't take half an hour to "get into range" when the target is only 10 miles away?Congrats to the Jack Bauer Fan Club for tempering your enthusiasm about the year/finale and almost telling it like it really is.

This was definitely the weakest season to date but it had to happen eventually.I think the previous season really made things difficult for the writers this year. Last year they didn't know if the show would be renewed and thus the killfest of major characters for a possible final BANG! To up the ante they had the president himself involved with terrorist acts. THEN after confronting all that Jack gets captured by the Chinese!Where did this show really have to go?I think if they had made a movie last year like originally planned things would have worked out better. We could follow Jack in China and then however he escapes he could then travel without the limitation of the 24-hour gimmick. I think the fact the show is still limited to 1-day really hurt this season because it wasn't a 1-day story and the storyline felt forced at times. Jack obviously had to come back but he had no foundation to build on. The show struggled but if the writers get their heads together then they can build on Jack's struggles and have something good for next year. Hopefully there will be a final goal in mind while writing the movie and final 2 seasons.

30 Minutes to get into range with F18's 10 miles off the coast of LA on a day that has seen a Nuclear Bomb go off close to LA???I've bitched in here before this year about how disappointed I was this season and I'm probably being over critical here, but how can they wrap up the entire season on this premise? Surely it wouldn't take half an hour to "get into range" when the target is only 10 miles away?
i don't recall them indicating the F18s were already in the air patrolling LA or anything. did they? if not presumably there would be scramble time + at least 10-15 minutes flight time from the nearest military base (or more depending on where combat-ready F18s are stationed - there are several AFBs in california). anyway, concidering how unrealistic the 24 hour premise of the show itself is, the F18 response time should be concidered well within "realism" tolerances :D if you want to pick on something why don't you pick on lack of travel time? think about ALL the places jack was this season, and how long it would take in real life to get to them all considering actual distance and traffic, and considering jack was busy doing stuff AT those places for MOST of the 24 hours:- held hostage by fayad, escapes through sewers- assad's hideout- stops bomber on LA subway- at the hostage house where he kills curtis (which is apparently far enough north of LA to see a relatively small mushroom cloud over valencia)- graem's house- graem's office- construction site where phillip and he are supposedly going to be offed- graem's house again- CTU (first of several times)- looking for gredenko's hideout with marilyn- hotel where phillip is holding josh- place where logan is being held- russian consulate- place near CTU where russian was piloting the drone- place where the autistic computer dude was helping gredenko- site near beach where gredenko dies and fayad is captured- place where fayad is allowed to "fake" escape- tunnel where fayad actually escapes- place where fayad is killed and bombs recovered- place (very out of the way) to exchange circuit board for horseface- chasing cheng to get josh back- beach where attempted exchange for josh is made, then oil rig- heller's house (somehow is there about 3 minutes after he drops into the ocean)what did i forget? :club:

i was kinda expecting them to reveal that josh is jack's son. at least that would have made the whole phillip wanting to take josh to china thing a little less pointless than it ended up being.

I think the fact the show is still limited to 1-day really hurt this season because it wasn't a 1-day story and the storyline felt forced at times.
Never really thought of it that way ... probably a good summary as to why I didn't like it.Crow - As for timelines to travel around the city, I think we all agree on the impossibility of it yet we have come to accept it. I specifically mentioned the 30 mins for the F18's as it is literally the final crucial moment of the entire season and I think it's just taking it too far. They never mentioned where the F18's had to come from so you could be right BUT this is on a day when a Nuclear Bomb has already gone off ... wouldn't they have a lot of 'em up in the air already in and around LA?. As well, I wonder what the range of the missiles are ... 10 miles doesn't seem like much to me when you combine the speed the planes travel and whatever range the missiles have.

the season ended really bad, with Jack standing on the guys porch, looking out over the oceans, realizing he made a wrong turn and has to go back through the house to leave.Awkward....F-18s are Navy, so San Diego, but twenty mile missle range, 10 minutes top to 'Fox One'. 11 minutes to splash one oil derrick.And best Chloe moment;When she goes up and kisses Morris to taste his breath for alcohol.What are the chances that Chloe's baby...is Jacks also?

What are the chances that Chloe's baby...is Jacks also?
depends on whether or not chinese torture prisons allow conjugal visits : )i do think showstopper's baby is probably jack's
the season ended really bad, with Jack standing on the guys porch, looking out over the oceans, realizing he made a wrong turn and has to go back through the house to leave.Awkward....
:club: LOL
Never really thought of it that way ... probably a good summary as to why I didn't like it.Crow - As for timelines to travel around the city, I think we all agree on the impossibility of it yet we have come to accept it. I specifically mentioned the 30 mins for the F18's as it is literally the final crucial moment of the entire season and I think it's just taking it too far. They never mentioned where the F18's had to come from so you could be right BUT this is on a day when a Nuclear Bomb has already gone off ... wouldn't they have a lot of 'em up in the air already in and around LA?. As well, I wonder what the range of the missiles are ... 10 miles doesn't seem like much to me when you combine the speed the planes travel and whatever range the missiles have.
Like Crow said...I think that's totally within tolerable realism.The bombs were set off by people on the ground plus the devices were disarmed. No need for jets to fly above LA and cause panic.
dude, this season sucked. completely sucked. there was nothing good about it. all the characters that were great before were useless this season. tell me one single good chloe moment this season. nothing. they need to find some way to re-invent this show without getting rid of the core experience. i mean, the most exciting part of the finale besides the massive set piece was the return of the jack sack. that's pretty weak.
Jack Pack (not sack)
30 Minutes to get into range with F18's 10 miles off the coast of LA on a day that has seen a Nuclear Bomb go off close to LA???I've bitched in here before this year about how disappointed I was this season and I'm probably being over critical here, but how can they wrap up the entire season on this premise? Surely it wouldn't take half an hour to "get into range" when the target is only 10 miles away?Congrats to the Jack Bauer Fan Club for tempering your enthusiasm about the year/finale and almost telling it like it really is.
It's a TV show. You are looking too much into it. This is fiction.
the season ended really bad, with Jack standing on the guys porch, looking out over the oceans, realizing he made a wrong turn and has to go back through the house to leave.Awkward....F-18s are Navy, so San Diego, but twenty mile missle range, 10 minutes top to 'Fox One'. 11 minutes to splash one oil derrick.And best Chloe moment;When she goes up and kisses Morris to taste his breath for alcohol.What are the chances that Chloe's baby...is Jacks also?
I'd say zero chance, as he has been locked up for 20 months.
I'd say zero chance, as he has been locked up for 20 months.
This is really bad man, you have fallen to the point of doubting the power of Jack Bauer to overcome a few obstacles to achive his goal.I hope you get your faith back
This is really bad man, you have fallen to the point of doubting the power of Jack Bauer to overcome a few obstacles to achive his goal.I hope you get your faith back
I don't know what has gotten into me. Of course he could have had sex with Chloe when he was in China...duh!