say hello to my little friendit's over --- but there are 6 hrs leftthis is stupid - why is this chinese dude so intent on f-ing with jack doesn't he have anything else to do?and jesus was the chinese dude like - put me through as soon as the nuke threat is over?

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was unfair how amazing that episode was. First off, Palmer's bluff was pretty cool and Palmer was such a pimp. When Palmer asked Tom if he knew anything about why the vice president called off the 25th amendment, tom said that his job was to protect Palmer. This is exactly what Wayne told David in season 3 when Wayne was tyring to look at the other presidential candiate's playbook.As for the shootout, it was kind of obvious that it was fake becuase Jack said that he had a "play." Combining that with the scenes that showed Jack getting shot, I knew it was set up, but it was still a good idea. Also, When Palmer wanted to threaten Habib's family, it was like in season 2 when Jack threatened Sayid Ali's family.Ok, now for the awesome part. How cool is Jack. First he lies under the garbage truck going at a fast speed (maybe not fast, but over 35 miles per hour which would be pretty scary if you are about one foot from the street). Then, Jack twists the guys neck and goes on to kill about 6 or 7 of Fayed's henchmen. But when he killed Fayed, that was cool. He said, "say hello to your brother" and he just hung him. That was awesome.I also wasn't really surprised that Audrey was still alive, but it was still an amazing twist. I was wondering what will happen for the rest of the season, now I know. It was also pretty awesome how in the scenes from the next episode, Jack told Wayne that he owed him one.Thumbs up for a terrific episode.

It was unfair how amazing that episode was. First off, Palmer's bluff was pretty cool and Palmer was such a pimp. When Palmer asked Tom if he knew anything about why the vice president called off the 25th amendment, tom said that his job was to protect Palmer. This is exactly what Wayne told David in season 3 when Wayne was tyring to look at the other presidential candiate's playbook.As for the shootout, it was kind of obvious that it was fake becuase Jack said that he had a "play." Combining that with the scenes that showed Jack getting shot, I knew it was set up, but it was still a good idea. Also, When Palmer wanted to threaten Habib's family, it was like in season 2 when Jack threatened Sayid Ali's family.Ok, now for the awesome part. How cool is Jack. First he lies under the garbage truck going at a fast speed (maybe not fast, but over 35 miles per hour which would be pretty scary if you are about one foot from the street). Then, Jack twists the guys neck and goes on to kill about 6 or 7 of Fayed's henchmen. But when he killed Fayed, that was cool. He said, "say hello to your brother" and he just hung him. That was awesome.I also wasn't really surprised that Audrey was still alive, but it was still an amazing twist. I was wondering what will happen for the rest of the season, now I know. It was also pretty awesome how in the scenes from the next episode, Jack told Wayne that he owed him one.Thumbs up for a terrific episode.
ever heard of david manning?

Yeeeep. 24 has jumped the shark. I just can't get into this show anymore. And as for the 'amazing twist;. That was the lamest twist I've ever seen. Does ANYONE besides Jack care what Audrey's up to. And are we led to believe that they flew Audrey to the states so it's more convenient for Jack or what? Maybe they're over in China and the next 6 episodes are going to be Jack on a quiet plane ride. Gotta be honest, I'm getting tired of SS24's constant 24 bias as much as this season. I also have to disagree with your observation that Chase was awesome. Doyle trumps Chase easy. Hell, the only interesting thing about Chase was that his hand got cut off or whatever that was. And what the **** is up with the constant focus on the Nadia-Milo situation. Milo's a horrible character and the only thing that can save his character is if he IS the mole. However, as bad as I believe this season has been, I did enjoy the comeback of Kick-***-Jack at the end.

Ok this is sexist, but don't worry I'm a man so it's ok. Milo is such a woman. Getting mad at hot chick for being concerned about Nurse Paul Flowers and then being all bitchy to her because of it? But, he's totally right. Nadia wants some of Nurse Paul Flowers.I'm trying to to think if any of Jack's field ops have been cool. I don't think so. Chase was all Jack Bauer fanboy, Curtis was close but he was dull, Paul Flowers is well Paul Flowers. It's ironic, but Nina was probably the best partner he's had.

It was unfair how amazing that episode was.
This episode was pretty mindless, was anyone actually fooled by Palmer's bluff? I sure wasn't.
As for the shootout, it was kind of obvious that it was fake becuase Jack said that he had a "play." Combining that with the scenes that showed Jack getting shot, I knew it was set up, but it was still a good idea. Also, When Palmer wanted to threaten Habib's family, it was like in season 2 when Jack threatened Sayid Ali's family.
That whole thing was horribly stupid... do you really think they would flip the truck like that risking everyone's lives in the vehicle? If they pinned them in and had a fake shootout that's one thing but playing chicken and flipping the truck on it's end just to pull that off was over the top and cheesy.
Ok, now for the awesome part. How cool is Jack. First he lies under the garbage truck going at a fast speed (maybe not fast, but over 35 miles per hour which would be pretty scary if you are about one foot from the street). Then, Jack twists the guys neck and goes on to kill about 6 or 7 of Fayed's henchmen. But when he killed Fayed, that was cool. He said, "say hello to your brother" and he just hung him. That was awesome.
Why ride the garbage truck like that, was it just for cool points? He could have easily jumped in the back... that was idiotic. Why didn't jack call and report his location before going on his solo killing spree? He was trying to call CTU before, but just quit trying... come on. The fight with him and Fayed was pretty good though I don't think Fayed was in good enough condition for that type of fight after the interrogation.
I also wasn't really surprised that Audrey was still alive, but it was still an amazing twist. I was wondering what will happen for the rest of the season, now I know. It was also pretty awesome how in the scenes from the next episode, Jack told Wayne that he owed him one.Thumbs up for a terrific episode.
No one thought Audrey was really dead... worst plot twist ever. And what's with the ridiculous timing, could it have been more cheesy than that? And that asian guy must have the sandiest vagina ever if his panties are still this twisted over Jack. Someone give him a hug so he can get over his issues.
This episode was pretty mindless
most have been lately
That whole thing was horribly stupid... do you really think they would flip the truck like that risking everyone's lives in the vehicle? If they pinned them in and had a fake shootout that's one thing but playing chicken and flipping the truck on it's end just to pull that off was over the top and cheesy.
not to mention giving fayed a loaded gun apparently with enough bullets to shoot everyone then somehow being incompetent enough to let him do it.
Why didn't jack call and report his location before going on his solo killing spree? He was trying to call CTU before, but just quit trying... come on.
that was also stupid because if he doesn't win the solo fight whoever is left living will assume they're surrounded and detonate both nukes on the spot. fayed was trying to.

Well I enjoyed it.They didn't have the president's sister in the entire episode, which helped me keep my dinner down.Lucky for the Chinese guy that Jack found out about Audry, would have been a little awckward to have to explain the whole thing to Jack otherwise.Chinese Dude: We have AudryJack: What? I didn't know she was missingChinese: Oh yea we totally faked a really cool car accident, took months and cost millions, you didn't see the pictures?Jack: Nope, just got out today and I haven't even thought of Audry since I've been busy torturing peopleChinese: Well this really sucks, now the whole drama is a big let down for me. You sure you didn't hear about Audry dying when we had you in the torture chamber?Jack: Sorry dude, but hey did you want to trade something for her? I just this minute came into possession of 2 nuclear bombs, and the President owes me, might be able to part with one of these if you throw in a Chinese pardon and some panda rugs or something.Chinese: I'll think about it. Wong.....why didn't you make sure he knew about the car accident? I spent months on that one.

Yeeeep. 24 has jumped the shark. I just can't get into this show anymore. And as for the 'amazing twist;. That was the lamest twist I've ever seen. Does ANYONE besides Jack care what Audrey's up to. And are we led to believe that they flew Audrey to the states so it's more convenient for Jack or what? Maybe they're over in China and the next 6 episodes are going to be Jack on a quiet plane ride. Gotta be honest, I'm getting tired of SS24's constant 24 bias as much as this season. I also have to disagree with your observation that Chase was awesome. Doyle trumps Chase easy. Hell, the only interesting thing about Chase was that his hand got cut off or whatever that was. And what the **** is up with the constant focus on the Nadia-Milo situation. Milo's a horrible character and the only thing that can save his character is if he IS the mole. However, as bad as I believe this season has been, I did enjoy the comeback of Kick-***-Jack at the end.
A couple things here. Why do you think they jumped the shark, and how can you call that a lame twist? And a lot of people care what happened to Audrey becasue if you care about Jack, you care about her (becuase she has been one of the few people since Terri's death that has made Jack happy).I agree with the Milo/Nadia situation isn't that good. But I disagree on Chase. Obviously its just our opinions, but if Chase and Doyle were in a room together and had to kill the other, Chase would be the one that would be walking out alive. I think he is also better at handling the terrorist situations.
Well I enjoyed it.They didn't have the president's sister in the entire episode, which helped me keep my dinner down.Lucky for the Chinese guy that Jack found out about Audry, would have been a little awckward to have to explain the whole thing to Jack otherwise.Chinese Dude: We have AudryJack: What? I didn't know she was missingChinese: Oh yea we totally faked a really cool car accident, took months and cost millions, you didn't see the pictures?Jack: Nope, just got out today and I haven't even thought of Audry since I've been busy torturing peopleChinese: Well this really sucks, now the whole drama is a big let down for me. You sure you didn't hear about Audry dying when we had you in the torture chamber?Jack: Sorry dude, but hey did you want to trade something for her? I just this minute came into possession of 2 nuclear bombs, and the President owes me, might be able to part with one of these if you throw in a Chinese pardon and some panda rugs or something.Chinese: I'll think about it. Wong.....why didn't you make sure he knew about the car accident? I spent months on that one.
lol
A couple things here. Why do you think they jumped the shark, and how can you call that a lame twist? And a lot of people care what happened to Audrey becasue if you care about Jack, you care about her (becuase she has been one of the few people since Terri's death that has made Jack happy).I agree with the Milo/Nadia situation isn't that good. But I disagree on Chase. Obviously its just our opinions, but if Chase and Doyle were in a room together and had to kill the other, Chase would be the one that would be walking out alive. I think he is also better at handling the terrorist situations.lol
I have no problem with Audrey coming back in the picture. It had to happen and Jack needs something to live and/or die for. I'm not sure we've seen enough combat to say who would win in a Chase-Doyle match-up. Also, it could be a difference in hand-to-hand vs. gun.It's a bit painful to say but I think this season is a noticeable level down from seasons past. It could be that I've been distracted a lot on many Mondays but it's not the predictability that lessens my excitement (there's just enough turns to keep me interested). I think I just feel like I'm dealing with a lot of secondary characters who are being asked to fill the big roles all at once. Jack and Chloe are lesser versions of their previous selves...I think this may have been to bring the other characters in the forefront but I'm not sure it's working. The formula has always been the viewer always feels most attached to the characters that risk their lives/careers to do anything Jack says.Don't get me wrong...I'm still gonna watch 24. I'm still planning on watching this season in it's entirety after it's all done. I'm still a fan. But there is little hope that 6 episodes will put this year amongst the best. re: Balloon Guy, LOL You kick butt!
I agree with the Milo/Nadia situation isn't that good. But I disagree on Chase. Obviously its just our opinions, but if Chase and Doyle were in a room together and had to kill the other, Chase would be the one that would be walking out alive. I think he is also better at handling the terrorist situations.
Chase would get slapped around like a alter boy by a priest...
I have no problem with Audrey coming back in the picture. It had to happen and Jack needs something to live and/or die for. I'm not sure we've seen enough combat to say who would win in a Chase-Doyle match-up. Also, it could be a difference in hand-to-hand vs. gun.It's a bit painful to say but I think this season is a noticeable level down from seasons past. It could be that I've been distracted a lot on many Mondays but it's not the predictability that lessens my excitement (there's just enough turns to keep me interested). I think I just feel like I'm dealing with a lot of secondary characters who are being asked to fill the big roles all at once. Jack and Chloe are lesser versions of their previous selves...I think this may have been to bring the other characters in the forefront but I'm not sure it's working. The formula has always been the viewer always feels most attached to the characters that risk their lives/careers to do anything Jack says.Don't get me wrong...I'm still gonna watch 24. I'm still planning on watching this season in it's entirety after it's all done. I'm still a fan. But there is little hope that 6 episodes will put this year amongst the best. re: Balloon Guy, LOL You kick butt!
Yes.
I don't think any new characters can come close to what Tony, Michelle, and David Palmer brought to 24. Having said this, any new character that 24 brings in, will be compared to the three above (and Jack). Although I do this also, I don't think its fair. When Doyle came in, I was thinking that he is no Jack or Tony. So i already judged him. However, I do like most of the characters. Milo was from season 1, which is cool. And I don't care what people say, I love Chloe, Morris, and Buchanan.
I don't think any new characters can come close to what Tony, Michelle, and David Palmer brought to 24. Having said this, any new character that 24 brings in, will be compared to the three above (and Jack). Although I do this also, I don't think its fair. When Doyle came in, I was thinking that he is no Jack or Tony. So i already judged him. However, I do like most of the characters. Milo was from season 1, which is cool. And I don't care what people say, I love Chloe, Morris, and Buchanan.
Fair don't make the world go round sonny...but I'll stick to what's important.I agree that none of the present characters will have what Tony, Mich and Palmer had by the end of this season but those took years and great scripts to build. I remember hating Tony and Chloe when I first got introduced to them. I got used to Chloe's personality disorder and Tony's shining moment was when he came to save Jack. Doyle has a possibility but his character isn't developed enough yet. I think enlisting Wayne Palmer may have been the worst decision to this season. I was iffy in the early episodes but now I'm sure of it. Think about how much better Audrey's dad (Heller) would be in that role. We all respect Heller by his previous actions. He'd be fresh in the president's role as opposed to this stinky recycled feel of Wayne. President Keller would offer more decisive figure who also gives support to Jack and more emotional investment to the Audrey-in-China storyline.
I loved this episode, my friends and I freaked out after and were giddy. Best episode in a while.More actual analysis later, but it was badass
+1
Fair don't make the world go round sonny...but I'll stick to what's important.I agree that none of the present characters will have what Tony, Mich and Palmer had by the end of this season but those took years and great scripts to build. I remember hating Tony and Chloe when I first got introduced to them. I got used to Chloe's personality disorder and Tony's shining moment was when he came to save Jack. Doyle has a possibility but his character isn't developed enough yet. I think enlisting Wayne Palmer may have been the worst decision to this season. I was iffy in the early episodes but now I'm sure of it. Think about how much better Audrey's dad (Heller) would be in that role. We all respect Heller by his previous actions. He'd be fresh in the president's role as opposed to this stinky recycled feel of Wayne. President Keller would offer more decisive figure who also gives support to Jack and more emotional investment to the Audrey-in-China storyline.
Kind of agreed with the Palmer shouldn't have been president statement. When I first heard it, I was extremely excited. I think the character is awesome and D.B. Woodside is a good actor, but maybe he shouldn't have been president (he could never be at the level that David/Dennis Haysbert was). It would have been cool if Heller was president and Wayne was his chief of staff so at least Wayne was there (but then the whole situation with Audrey would be messed up).
It's jumped the Shark because, come time Heroes and 24 square off, Im watching Heroes and it isnt even close.
Thats ok, because its a matter of opinion. But i think most of the people in this forum, or in the country, disagree.
Thats ok, because its a matter of opinion. But i think most of the people in this forum, or in the country, disagree.
Your wrong, Heroes has outscored 24 in every week they have gone head to head in ratings...
Your wrong, Heroes has outscored 24 in every week they have gone head to head in ratings...
Really? Wow, that's impressive. I can't comment since I haven't watched Heroes yet.