Fantasy Success

I am in the championship game in both my Yahoo fantasy leagues. Discuss.and a special thank you to Marvin Harrison for allowing me to pull off the greatest Monday fantasy comeback of all time. (Down 18 pts.....Marvin goes for 22)

I am in the championship game in both my Yahoo fantasy leagues. Discuss.and a special thank you to Marvin Harrison for allowing me to pull off the greatest Monday fantasy comeback of all time. (Down 18 pts.....Marvin goes for 22)
good luck. I'm in 2 finals myself, although i'm in a few more leagues.hopefully I win at least the league where I had 200 more points than anyone in the regular season.
Made the finals in 2 of 4 leagues.Quick question: should I start Eli Manning or Tony Romo this weekend. It's the only tough decision I have in either league.
Romo, AINEC. Christmas day, national television, must win game, at home.... check, check, check, check.
Romo, AINEC. Christmas day, national television, must win game, at home.... check, check, check, check.
for you to even think that has anything to do with it shows how retarded you really are
for you to even think that has anything to do with it shows how retarded you really are
ESPN, ABC, NBC, and everyone else disagrees with you, and so do I. A holiday game is like Monday Night Football and if you've ever watched a Monday Night Game you would know that the players are always more pcyched up for the games. They even say they are. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, turn on your TV on a Monday night between September and December.... you should have a channel called ESPN. Enjoy.

One league, one finals. Lead most of year, second for some weeks. My favorite teams defense (Ravens) has done well for me all year. My WRs are fairly weak, but RBs are nasty (LT, Gore, McGahee, Betts) add in Eli and Romo.

ESPN, ABC, NBC, and everyone else disagrees with you, and so do I. A holiday game is like Monday Night Football and if you've ever watched a Monday Night Game you would know that the players are always more pcyched up for the games. They even say they are. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, turn on your TV on a Monday night between September and December.... you should have a channel called ESPN. Enjoy.
Of course this could cut the other way and Romo could be overwhelmed by playing a crucial late season game under the bright lights of primetime. Psyched up? They arent psyched up already for every game? And since when did being psyched up translate to playing great? How do players ever have bad games in the Super Bowl then? See everyone understands what you are talking about. It is just we understand you are wrong.Predicting fantasy success by seeing who is playing in primetime is the about as good as predicting which space the roulette wheel will hit based on the board showing where it hit before. Idiot. Romo is the pick because Eli Manning is an inconsistent, inaccurate QB. Not because Romo is playing later in the day.
Of course this could cut the other way and Romo could be overwhelmed by playing a crucial late season game under the bright lights of primetime. Psyched up? They arent psyched up already for every game? And since when did being psyched up translate to playing great? How do players ever have bad games in the Super Bowl then? See everyone understands what you are talking about. It is just we understand you are wrong.Predicting fantasy success by seeing who is playing in primetime is the about as good as predicting which space the roulette wheel will hit based on the board showing where it hit before. Idiot. Romo is the pick because Eli Manning is an inconsistent, inaccurate QB. Not because Romo is playing later in the day.
You are incorrect, as usual. 1) I will not be name calling for no reason, but you can continue to make yourself look like an ass if you wish. 2) I will continue to just state truth and you can choose to either wisely listen, or foolishly hold firm to your laughable logic. 3) I will never put all my money in the middle with the 3rd nut flush on a paired board in Omaha.If you had two QB's that were even in points, both playing at home, in a must win game, against defenses that were even and one was playing on Sunday at 1pm and one was playing on Monday Night Football, who would you start?hint: It's ok to admit that you were wrong, we all already know, so it's no big deal.
You are incorrect, as usual. 1) I will not be name calling for no reason, but you can continue to make yourself look like an ass if you wish. 2) I will continue to just state truth and you can choose to either wisely listen, or foolishly hold firm to your laughable logic. 3) I will never put all my money in the middle with the 3rd nut flush on a paired board in Omaha.If you had two QB's that were even in points, both playing at home, in a must win game, against defenses that were even and one was playing on Sunday at 1pm and one was playing on Monday Night Football, who would you start?hint: It's ok to admit that you were wrong, we all already know, so it's no big deal.
By that logic couldn't you argue that the defense for the MNF game will be psyched up as well?Couldn't they step up and have a big day, or does your logic only apply to one position in the game?
By that logic couldn't you argue that the defense for the MNF game will be psyched up as well?Couldn't they step up and have a big day, or does your logic only apply to one position in the game?
not one position... every position. That's the whole point. If you have a defense that is equal to another and one is playing Monday night and one Sunday afternoon, you start the Monday night team. This of course is if everything else is equal, which is pretty rare when it comes to starting a defense.
who is we? everyone else has disagreed with you so far. when you come back from fantasy land you let us know. Nothing happens in a vacuum by the way. Pretty much your point is if we could find two QBs with the same quality of WRs and RBs going up against the exact same level of defense.....the guy playing in primetime would be the better start.which is wrong, wrong, wrong. just a tip, the voices in your head dont count as other people.under your hypothetical, the correct move would be to start the better quarterback. that is always the move there. would you really start Eli if he was the one playing at night? if you would, you are a fool.

Didn't want to jinx it, but now that it's over, league champ in 2 of 3 leagues. One championship team I had was a horribe draft by me with 11 other guys who know football (as opposed to the idiots in the mock drafts preseason). I pulled that one out with a good group of WRs and lining up a good defense most weeks. Some of the RBs I started in that league: MJD, Corey Dillon, Leon Washington, Wali Lundy, Mike Bell, and Jerious Norwood. :oThe other championship was a no bench, 2 QB, PPR league, where I kicked a$$ with Steven Jackson, Brees, Colston at TE, Willie Parker for most of the season (dropped him for Reggie Bush before the Dallas game), and Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, and my 3rd spot filled by Javon Walker, Boldin, Ward, and Coles.

Updated.....won one league in a laugher (81-38) Lost the other by 10 pts.The league I won I started off 1-4 then won 6 straight and got uber hot in the playoffs.

Important Cross Post: :D

edit: we are never going to agree on this issue so I will let you reply to this and leave it at that....an agree to disagree situation. however, your contention that playing in primetime makes a football player perform better is still ridiculous. :D
"edit: we are never going to agree on this issue so I will let you reply to this and leave it at that....an agree to disagree situation. however, your contention that playing in primetime makes a football player perform better is still ridiculous. "I dont know the context of his statement, but surely you dont disagree that "primetime" can inspire some players to perfom better.
:club:
I won my league championship featuring a Sammy Morris / Justin Fargas as running backs versus the LT / Addai / Gore (flex) juggernaught!
Important Cross Post: :D:club:
Yep and I replied....equivalently some players will perfrom worse under the glare of the hot lights.By saying "some" he basically proved my point. I appreciate you posting this to express your humility though. :D
Yep and I replied....equivalently some players will perfrom worse under the glare of the hot lights.By saying "some" he basically proved my point. I appreciate you posting this to express your humility though. :club:
If you have a player that plays worse "under the glare", you should drop him.
If you have a player that plays worse "under the glare", you should drop him.
This I agree with completely. I also think that if the Yankees ever want to win another World Series they need to trade A-rod for 25 cents on the dollar or convince their fans to cheer him unconditionally.