youre playing 2.50 5 pL omaha.. $900 stack.you raise with JJx7, and get 4 callers. pot is $90.a decent player (with $500 stack) bets the pot from the small blind on a flop of 7h9hJc.you have 3 players to act behind you. (that could potentially raise.)assuming he has it.. is it correct to call or fold?

youre playing 2.50 5 pL omaha.. $900 stack.you raise with JJx7, and get 4 callers. pot is $90.a decent player (with $500 stack) bets the pot from the small blind on a flop of 7h9hJc.you have 3 players to act behind you. (that could potentially raise.)assuming he has it.. is it correct to call or fold?
wow that is a tough spot with the straight and the flush draw out there. I am an omaha donkey, I call and hope to fill up or at least get a turn card that doesn't make me puke. :club:

Call - hoping you get other callers behind you willing to draw. You need those increased odds to offset the odds of the board pairing, giving you the nut FH. If your read is he already has a made hand superior to yours, raising isn't going to get him to fold, and may force others that would call to fold. Your hand is now considered a drawing hand to the case Jack or a board pairing. See the turn and reassess after you see it, and his bet.Oh and post this in the Strat section - the smart people hang out there more often :)Dev

not saying this is the right play, but this is my two cents. i probably call one pot sized bet and hope to fill up on the turn. what i hate about this situation is that you hold one of the board pairing cards, the 7. i feel like i never fill up when i hold one of the board pairing cards so that might make me a little more inclined to fold. still, i donk it up and call anyways. if i don't fill up on the turn and i am faced with another pot-sized bet i muck.

I'm a new PLO donk myself, and would want to call thinking he's made the straight too. But shouldn't you just fold knowing you have only 3 outs and it could get real expensive to draw out? Would it be playing too conservative to fold?

I never would have raised in with the Jacks.
QFT. If your hand was more robust like JJT9 with one flush draw maybe you could raise it up in late position. Playing sets out of position can be very ugly in Omaha since they often don't stay the nuts for very long. I'd probably call the flop here though.

you might as well re-pot, get all the money in as a dog, and just give it away (since that seems like your goal).raising early with JJx7? were you sniffing glue?as played if you know your oppoenent will let you stack him if you fill up and the people behind are not too agressive, then you can smooth call here.if he's not giving action to a paired board you muck. if he's a good player and wouldn't pot early without the heart re-draw then muck as you can't bluff the heart turn. If he's weak tight, and you feel you could bluff the heart turn, and your image is good, then you may be able to smooth call. if people behind are agressive and will re-pot a 10Q with hearts, then you muck.

you might as well re-pot, get all the money in as a dog, and just give it away (since that seems like your goal).raising early with JJx7? were you sniffing glue?as played if you know your oppoenent will let you stack him if you fill up and the people behind are not too agressive, then you can smooth call here.if he's not giving action to a paired board you muck. if he's a good player and wouldn't pot early without the heart re-draw then muck as you can't bluff the heart turn. If he's weak tight, and you feel you could bluff the heart turn, and your image is good, then you may be able to smooth call. if people behind are agressive and will re-pot a 10Q with hearts, then you muck.
everything he said to a "T", the biggest point being dont raise with that hand out of position.

If you don't want to get hit by a train, don't hang out at the train tracks.don't play garbage OOP and you're decisions get easier.If you've been raising a lot of pots before this hand, then double that advice.