Mr. Negreanu, You Have A Little Aristotle In You

Daniel, your blog entry really interested me. Particularly your point that it is better to error on the side of bravado over self-doubt. I believe the first person to advocate doing this was Aristotle. His two pillars of virtue are greatness of soul and justice. In order to be a great souled man, you must first believe that you are a great souled man. When looking at this, greatness of soul is the balance between vanity and moderation. He says, however, that it is better to error on the side of vanity because if you do not give yourself the chance to be great, then you may never achieve you full potential. Anyways, if you want a dense but totally awesome read, I would recommend Aristotle's Ethics. I know that you look primarily to the Bible for guidance on how to live your life, and I do agree that Jesus has some great things to say. But I also think that the ancients are the greatest philosophical minds that the world has ever created. Conclusion, check out Aristotle's Ethics! ps: There are many issues that pure greatness without justice can lead to, but it would take several pages to give them the credit they deserve. Hopefully, you have that 3rd WPT title by the time you read this. with nothing but love,Kid DynOmite

Daniel, your blog entry really interested me. Particularly your point that it is better to error on the side of bravado over self-doubt. I believe the first person to advocate doing this was Aristotle. His two pillars of virtue are greatness of soul and justice. In order to be a great souled man, you must first believe that you are a great souled man. When looking at this, greatness of soul is the balance between vanity and moderation. He says, however, that it is better to error on the side of vanity because if you do not give yourself the chance to be great, then you may never achieve you full potential. Anyways, if you want a dense but totally awesome read, I would recommend Aristotle's Ethics. I know that you look primarily to the Bible for guidance on how to live your life, and I do agree that Jesus has some great things to say. But I also think that the ancients are the greatest philosophical minds that the world has ever created. Conclusion, check out Aristotle's Ethics! ps: There are many issues that pure greatness without justice can lead to, but it would take several pages to give them the credit they deserve. Hopefully, you have that 3rd WPT title by the time you read this. with nothing but love,Kid DynOmite
:icon_eek:Wow....possibly the most intellectual post here in a long while. And right on btw. nice job.