But.. its not. Its not a hard pill for anyone to swallow. I think if you read this thread you'll see tons of people agreeing that 2+2 has better strategy. I don't think anyone is in denial here. I just don't appreciate people who make posts whining about leaving because they found something betters. Its very much a "jilted girlfriend" attitude I must admit. Basically OP "dumped" us, and did it in a nonflattering way. "I found someone new, more experienced, and hotter. I'm leaving you." Its insulting. Its a blow to the ego, especially for the people who spend a lot of time here trying to make this forum some place they want to be, and want other people to be comfortable being. Not to mention totally unnecessary. Do you think if OP stopped posting we would send out a search party? "OMFG, OP has not posted recently. I wonder what has happened! Let's hunt him down and find out!"No, the post was nothing but self important posturing with veiled insults towards the forum as a whole.If you think people are ragging on OP because "the truth is a hard pill to swallow," you're not understanding the people here correctly.Ray
Unfortunately FCP is 90 percent flame posts, 5 percent thread jacking and maybe 5 percent substance. I find it worthwhile to read/ watch the blog and peruse a few posts. Otherwise, it's just the same old typical (so-called "witty") BS. Just a fact.
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately FCP is 90 percent flame posts, 5 percent thread jacking and maybe 5 percent substance. I find it worthwhile to read/ watch the blog and peruse a few posts. Otherwise, it's just the same old typical (so-called "witty") BS. Just a fact.
Honestly, no. General fits that mold. To quote other people's response to OP "try actually looking in the strategy forums."If you're trying to say General is the majority of posts, so the numbers match, still wrong. One thread in Off Topic probably has more posts than General. :)Ray
Bye.'4' = Lambda Lambda LambdaFCP = Delta Tau ChiPersonally, I don't come to FCP to read a debate on how to play AK suited UTG+1 at a LAG table, but if that's what you are looking for then '4' is probably for you.
this is exactly why I'm here too. Perfect way to put it

I had Wendy's for lunch:chicken sandwich, fries and a cokeI was going to order the chili because it's cold here but I wanted some deep fried potato sticks and they don't have a 'value' meal for chili and I thought the picture of the chicken looked pretty good. It was kind of like getting AA utg, raising and everyone folding. A little diappointing.This may or may not have been posted in the wrong thread.

I had Wendy's for lunch:chicken sandwich, fries and a cokeI was going to order the chili because it's cold here but I wanted some deep fried potato sticks and they don't have a 'value' meal for chili and I thought the picture of the chicken looked pretty good. It was kind of like getting AA utg, raising and everyone folding. A little diappointing.This may or may not have been posted in the wrong thread.
Wendy's 99 cent chicken sandwich is the best value in fast food. Although they don't put nearly enough mayo on it.

Meh, don't have time to read this whole thread right now, but I just wanted to chime in. TwoplusTwo may have more and better poker content, but FCP will always be my home. IMO, it's smaller and more of a community, we have some great people on here, it's a well set up board and it was the first poker forum I found back in the day. I love it here. IMO, 2+2 is boring by comparison.

The chicken sandwich and coke are way +ev. Still, I would have bet the chili for value. I think you left one on the table there. Please use a hand converter next time. Nh though.
The chicken sandwich and coke are way +ev. Still, I would have bet the chili for value. I think you left one on the table there. Please use a hand converter next time. Nh though.
I'm on a diet you meanies. Stop talking about Yummy Wendy Chicken Sandwiches and Cokes. :(Ray
Now you guys have got me hungry. I'm going to go throw a steak on the grill. Probably have some rice with some sort of vegetable too.
..I'm fairly certain that you have no clue about Tantalar's pottery or RonMex yelling at the deaf guy, or Royal being such a homo. My opinion, of course, but I would like you to post if you disagree.
no disagreement :club:
Now you guys have got me hungry. I'm going to go throw a steak on the grill. Probably have some rice with some sort of vegetable too.
Anyone else here religiously eat Del Taco?I know you guys don't have it on the east cost (to your discredit), but goddamn if it isn't the best food in the history of mankind, nay, in the history of the world. dare i say the universe?i usually get a number 4 (two chicken soft tacos, fries, diet coke) and a quesadilla. BEST QUESADILLAS EVER. rolled up dueces, capping with the A up, and 2 aces dead.oh yeah, the 2+2 forums are full of low limit losers who can't read or give good advice.
Thread officially jacked.............................Point Proven
Whom exactly are you making this point to?ZOMG, FCP isn't as informative/educational/goot as '4'! For years post like this would pop up constantly on RGP, and the general consensus every time was pretty much "to each it's own".

For someone who just learned to play in the past year, I think this place is great. If you post a hand history, you will get a response from a more experienced member most of the time who is trying to point out solid, objective advice. And most likely, someone you recognize, even if you don't know them. Trying to navigate 2+2 feels like driving through rush hour in NYC. Yes, you'll get flamed here or there, but.....welcome to the internet?edit - and Dan N. rocks. Why I came here in the first place.

Anyone else here religiously eat Del Taco?I know you guys don't have it on the east cost (to your discredit), but goddamn if it isn't the best food in the history of mankind, nay, in the history of the world. dare i say the universe?i usually get a number 4 (two chicken soft tacos, fries, diet coke) and a quesadilla. BEST QUESADILLAS EVER. rolled up dueces, capping with the A up, and 2 aces dead.oh yeah, the 2+2 forums are full of low limit losers who can't read or give good advice.
never heard of Del Taco but it sure sounds delicious.. Mail me some.
For someone who just learned to play in the past year, I think this place is great. If you post a hand history, you will get a response from a more experienced member most of the time who is trying to point out solid, objective advice. And most likely, someone you recognize, even if you don't know them. Trying to navigate 2+2 feels like driving through rush hour in NYC. Yes, you'll get flamed here or there, but.....welcome to the internet?edit - and Dan N. rocks. Why I came here in the first place.
What is that chick in your avatar leaning on... i wish it was me!
Thread officially jacked.............................Point Proven
never heard of Del Taco but it sure sounds delicious.. Mail me some.
Meh, not missing out on much, its below Taco Bell... and its only value is when you're drunk and need a late snack and the only money you can find is the change from your ashtray.
Meh, not missing out on much, its below Taco Bell... and its only value is when you're drunk and need a late snack and the only money you can find is the change from your ashtray.
below taco bell ehh? What area is this chain in? I'm always up for new and crappy fast food..

QUOTE(logic411 @ Tuesday, December 19th, 2006, 4:57 PM) Unfortunately FCP is 90 percent flame posts, 5 percent thread jacking and maybe 5 percent substance. I find it worthwhile to read/ watch the blog and peruse a few posts. Otherwise, it's just the same old typical (so-called "witty") BS. Just a fact.QUOTE(logic411 @ Tuesday, December 19th, 2006, 5:25 PM) Thread officially jacked.............................Point Provengreat insights.what's really unique is i didn't read them when you originally wrote them or when they got quoted. it took you quoting them, bolding them, and placing them together before i was able to read it and now finally agree with you. I now hate the community i once loved.down with FCP.up with del taco. below taco bell? have you ever had the beans at taco bell?where's the king? i challenge him to a duel!