Gabe Kaplans Commentary

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nogabe kaplan has some of the best commentary ever. and his jokes don't run old like norman chad. and he doesn't make up a million retarded nicknames for hands. and he is always on top of exactly what the players are thinking.

I always liked his commentary. He's got a good sense of humour. You have to realise he's no stand-up comedie proffesional.So shut it and stop beiing so negative over one of the best pokershows there is.Jan

Hey OP, what poker shows do you commentate for? I always laugh at people who talk down about announcers, most of them have never tried to do it and have no idea how difficult it can be. Be glad we have people like Gabe who are good at what they do.

nogabe kaplan has some of the best commentary ever. and his jokes don't run old like norman chad. and he doesn't make up a million retarded nicknames for hands. and he is always on top of exactly what the players are thinking.
I agree....I wish they would have a special episode where Gabe gets to kick Norman Chad in the junk. Norman is the most annoying person ever.
I agree....I wish they would have a special episode where Gabe gets to kick Norman Chad in the junk. Norman is the most annoying person ever.
Norman Chad makes me ashamed to be from Maryland... and Lon McEachern makes me ashamed to be a man. "the turn is an OFFFF SUIIIIT 3!!!!!!"
I always liked his commentary. He's got a good sense of humour. You have to realise he's no stand-up comedie proffesional.So shut it and stop beiing so negative over one of the best pokershows there is.Jan
UH, Ya thats how he got famous

I like Gabe's poker commentary as he really describes the thinking process for each hand through all 4 levels of poker thinking.As for his jokes, sometimes his impressions can be hit or miss, but the effort is genuine and I appreciate that. Gabe does stand up from time to time and it's pretty good.Norman's problem is he just comes across as trying too hard.

My only complaint about Kaplan is that he's too results-oriented sometimes. He was changing that near the end of the second season, though, like when Mizrachi made a call on the turn while way ahead and Kaplan said 'if the river's not a spade then this was a good call. Well, it's a good call anyway.'

Hey OP, what poker shows do you commentate for? I always laugh at people who talk down about announcers, most of them have never tried to do it and have no idea how difficult it can be. Be glad we have people like Gabe who are good at what they do.
Gimme a break. You can't like/dislike someone if you can't do it better than they can?Ever criticize a football player?...a politician?...an actor?...a musician?yeesh.
does it piss anyone else off? his stupid scripted impressions that are supposed to be funny?dead set every times he does them it just makes me want to shoot him.
How old are you??? Kaplan is the best poker commentator around, though he skews a little more old school w/ his humor. Do some research, watch a few Marx Brothers movies and maybe you'll get his humor.
And He is WAMBOOZLED!!!! That reminds me of the time one of my 3 ex wives ..........GABE PWNS!!!!

Gabe is one of the best hosts out there.... like usual, you are alone on this one cuin4.

welcome back kotter was one of my favorite shows .. but back on topic at first i was kinda annoyed by his jokes but then i gave his humor and personality a chance and now i wouldnt think any other commentator would fit he does a great job and he is considered the best hollywood player to play poker he even plays the big game so i think he knows what he is talking about so what more is to ask for .. gabe kaplan is a tool go shoot him op he deserves it .

Gabe is great. Hes funny and knows poker. what more can u ask!
"I agree....I wish they would have a special episode where Gabe gets to kick Norman Chad in the junk. Norman is the most annoying person ever."Celebrity Deathmatch?