Vegas Report (yeah...i Went Again)

This is pretty boring in hind sight, but I'll post it anyway....lol.2 passions of mine....Poker and good food .... and Christmas. (ok 3 )The wife and I usually go up to Vegas the weekend before Christmas as it is usually dead crowd wise and festively decorated. Just a really great time to be in Vegas IMO. Another reason is my wife has a hair business, and with this being the busiest time of the year, taking a quick 3 day break is crucial to her being able to get some much needed down time in a nice hotel, proir to the hellish mad rush that will be her work from now until New Years Eve.So we get in Sat evening and they put us up in a suite in the spa tower at Bellagio. The room was amazing and lets just say it will be difficult to want to stay anywhere else from now on. Just the best. We brought her sister along with us too, so I knew there would be ample time to break away from them to do whatever it was I wanted, so I loved this idea when it first came up a few weeks ago.We had tickets to go see the show Mystere on Sat. night. We get there only to find out our tickets we for Sunday! Doh! Off we go to the Venitian and pony up to the Noodle bar across the room from the Poker room there. And WOW...this food is insanely good. If you ever get the chance I highly recommend it.Aftera few drinks and a tasty meal the ladies are tired and want to crash. We get back to Bellagio but decide to have a few martinis near the piano bar before we part ways. I head over to the poker room and get cozy in a 5/10 NL game just as a session in Bobbys room was breaking up. David B., Farha, etc. Sheiky, Singer, and a few other notables were all having a 200-400 game right behind our tbale and getting very loud doing so, having a good ol time. At 3 AM, after playing about 3 hours and completely exhausted, I finally gave it up down $150. Meh.Sunday I get up and the girls are dying to shop. I do my duty a bit and walk them around over to Ceasars and the Fashion show mall, and then let them go nuts by themselves. I head over to the 5 Diamond at Bellagios Fontana lounge to see whats up and wish Daniel well. The lounge was not letting anyone in to rail so a few of us decided to hang out for a bit just at the entrance. I managed to get a great spot where I could lean on a podium right at the entrance and ended up standing there for almost 4 hours! Everyone was coming and going by. An always gracious and friendly Daniel saw me and came over to say hello and we spoke a bit about the tournament and what not. It was clear to me that he was going to just crush it. He is so confident right now and playing so well....just great to see.I also met some very cool folks whom I ended up talking to for a good bit. One was David "dhubermex" Huber from Pocket fives .com. Real cool guy. told me all about his life, how he got his job, how he 16 tables profitably, lives in Mexico, etc... a real nice guy. I also got to meet and make friends with a super nice lady. (Oh man!...I hope she forgives me...I cant remember her name!!!) She is an african american woman affilitated with Doyle Brunson and also represents many of the current poker players. I mean... it was a feaking whos who of poker players, all coming up to her at some point to say hello to her, shake her hand, etc. Everyone seemed to know her. And since I was making conversation with her prior to this, as a result I got to say hello to everyone as well. Hachem, Matusow, Grinder, Ng, Violette, Devil Fish, Gavin, blah blah blah, etc..... It was very cool. So after several hours I eventually had to leave to see the Mystere show (for real this time) and Daniel was kicking butt. Looked like his back was getting tight because as I left he was getting a deep lower back massage, but very much in control.Off to the Mystere show at TI. I'm not much for this kinda thing but I gotta tell ya...it was really very cool. The highest caliber tumblers I've ever seen, circus theater at it's best. I recommend this show. Afterwards we head out (now starving) and make our way over to the Mesa Grill at Ceasars. Bobby Flav opened this place a little over a year ago and it never dissappoints. It is just a pure winner. A few hours of Martinis and tremendous food had us ready to crash and I still dont remember the walk back to Bellagio and our cloud nine feather beds, but what a great night.Today we woke up to room service coffee and muffins. We checked out and had the bellman hold our bags while the ladies did some last minute trinket collecting. I went over to the Noodle bar restaurant and grabbed us a table for lunch. I had them hold it and took a quick walk over to the Fontana lounge to see what was up. Daniel was just a few off the bottom of the chip leader list and had drawn one of the 4 tables left, He would have Cyndi Violette, Fischman, and David Oppenheim at his table. He had just arrived and was settlting in, looking very upbeat and joking, just in real good spirits. We chatted for a bit and I went over to grab lunch with the ladies. This noodle bar at Bellagio is defintiely worth a look btw. Cool interior and amazing food. Shrimp Won Ton noodle soup and Malaysian Spicy chicken fried rice is to die for!After a great meal all 3 of us head back over the the tourney for one last look-see. Daniel is beginning to make some serious headway and they have now allowed spectators in behind red ropes to enjoy the action. I was so bummed we had to leave! I waved so long to Daniel who waved back ina very confident manner. Ya just knew it was his day without a doubt.Flight back was uneventful, but the weekend was a total blast. Always great to get to Vegas, especially with an opportunity to rail a big tourney.So Happy Holidays everyone.And to all a good night. :club:

Off we go to the Venitian and pony up to the Noodle bar across the room from the Poker room there. And WOW...this food is insanely good. If you ever get the chance I highly recommend it.
and you guys wonder why I want to eat here 3x a day :club:
damn nutz, you're a balla!Is your SIL single?
Ha! ballla....NOT. Thing is we all have decent jobs and decided to split room and meals 3 ways. Woot! Not much poker this time but that's not what this trip was about anyway.And sorry dude, the SIL is spoken for. She'll be flatterd you asked though! :club:
and you guys wonder why I want to eat here 3x a day :club:
I eat soooo much in vegas, its sick. Dont mean to hijack the thread BUT, i want to talk about vegas food super fast:Wynn Buffet = best buffet on earthFix @ bellgio= Best little tiny burgers everthe Cafe at the Palms has the absolute best spinach and artichoke (sp?) dip in the world, and their BLT (shrimp BLT) is amazing Things to order at Cafe bellagio:Bannanas Fosters waffles, Steak and eggs, buffalo Chicken tenders (not on the menu), BLT, and Creme Burlee (best I've tried, although I hear the one at the wynn buffett is incredible.)Noodles, is my new favorite place @ bellagio, I like the sesame chicken but really everything is good. pot stickers own.the sushi place at bellagio is great but WAY expenssive. Other than that, Bellagio's roomservice is the absolute best, and Bally's roomservice food is by far the worst ever.
What?? No golf?oh well, sounds fun anyway.
Im am jealous of 2 people in this world...Hugh Hefner & Nutz! Nice read bro! I will be out there in March regardless of the FCP Poker/Golf (if it happens or not) lets plan a trip anyway!
....must ....resist...urge.........must......not...give...in.....to....suggestions.........have...to.......be .......strong ..........will......breaking,........... strength....weakening...Oh screw it. You guys thinking what I'm thinking???Time to get to work finding a course Oze! :club: (and yes, J C , food in Vegas ROCKS! )
Cloutier, Hellmuth, Chan, Just thought I would mention some of the names you didnt drop
hmmm...actually they weren't around. I'll tell them you said hello next time though. :club: Just callin' it like I saw it is all. Peace!
hmmm...actually they weren't around. I'll tell them you said hello next time though. :club: Just callin' it like I saw it is all. Peace!
I realize on seccond reading that sounded mean spirited I meant it more from lighthearted approach. Glad you didnt take it the wrong way

I'm headed out there 1/1 to 1/5 for work and I have to try the Noodle Bar. I've been by it before but never stopped. As my 5'10 245 frame reveals, I love food.

hey.. i'm in vegas now.. Id be having a blast expect for the fact that i'm sick.. the Mirage nightly tourney is sweet.. I played the 3pm Harrahs 100 dollar tourney, but the blinds escalated too fast. There was only 26 people in the Mirage tourney and first place paid out 2k.. I got down to final 3 and obv couldnt win a coin flip.... But I'm having fun and sorry for making my own trip report in yours!

I eat soooo much in vegas, its sick. Dont mean to hijack the thread BUT, i want to talk about vegas food super fast:Wynn Buffet = best buffet on earthFix @ bellgio= Best little tiny burgers everthe Cafe at the Palms has the absolute best spinach and artichoke (sp?) dip in the world, and their BLT (shrimp BLT) is amazing Things to order at Cafe bellagio:Bannanas Fosters waffles, Steak and eggs, buffalo Chicken tenders (not on the menu), BLT, and Creme Burlee (best I've tried, although I hear the one at the wynn buffett is incredible.)Noodles, is my new favorite place @ bellagio, I like the sesame chicken but really everything is good. pot stickers own.the sushi place at bellagio is great but WAY expenssive. Other than that, Bellagio's roomservice is the absolute best, and Bally's roomservice food is by far the worst ever.
Dude, breakfast at the Terrace Cafe in the Wynn is the fizaaacking shiiizz