D N Cruising Thru Day One

No thread yet so I thought I'd share. 377 of 583 left. Cardplayer.com(edit: Day 1b that is!)Go D! :club:18Daniel Negreanu55,000Up $23,000edit :30th now... (8:09 Vegas time)edit : no idea what happened but just wona big pot! (8:30 vegas time)13thDaniel Negreanu70,000Up $22,500edit: Play is done for the day! DN in 13th place with 70 K according to Cardplayer. (9 PM Vegas time)WOOT!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked this hand a lot:Fri Dec 15 14:41:00 PST 2006Daniel Negreanu Takes a Pot From Ted ForrestOn a flop of 10 :club: 2 :D 2 :D , Ted Forrest bets $750 and Daniel Negreanu makes the call. The turn brings the 4 :D and Forrest fires $1,800. Negreanu calls again and the river comes the 8 :) . Forrest bets $2,500 and Negreanu just calls. Forrest mucks his cards as Negreanu turns over 5 :) 2 :) for trip deuces.Come on, Ted! Everyone at your table knew that Daniel had at least a deuce! That's his neighborhood!

I liked this hand a lot:Fri Dec 15 14:41:00 PST 2006Daniel Negreanu Takes a Pot From Ted ForrestOn a flop of 10 :club: 2 :D 2 :D , Ted Forrest bets $750 and Daniel Negreanu makes the call. The turn brings the 4 :D and Forrest fires $1,800. Negreanu calls again and the river comes the 8 :) . Forrest bets $2,500 and Negreanu just calls. Forrest mucks his cards as Negreanu turns over 5 :) 2 :) for trip deuces.Come on, Ted! Everyone at your table knew that Daniel had at least a deuce! That's his neighborhood!
Nice.
Why flat call the river?
Why flat call the river?
DN mustve got some kind of feeling that forrest had either the case 2 or had filled up somewhere. without seeing what happened preflop its hard to tell, im sure that info is out there but im too lazy to look. its pretty obvious though that DN felt the only way a raise was gettin called was if he was beat and IF forrest goes over top of him for a large amount with DN already getting a bad gut feeling it would be a pretty tough call and the kind of play that can make you sick for a long time, if forrest had pocket 8's or 10's even if DN makes the right call and lays it down he might agonize over it for a while, so in that situation with the gut feeling DN mustve had calling is the only play to make.
Why flat call the river?
Daniel's small ball play was to pick up the pot as it stood, and not lose it all in case Ted had pocket 10's, pocket 4's, or pocket 8's and made a full house.A lot of other big name players are out pushing with just an overpair when their opponents flopped two pair or a set.
Why flat call the river?
What value is there in raising??? If he has deuce he'll raise and you'll be faced w/ a tough decision b/c you have no kicker. If he doesn't he's going to fold. Seriously, what non-Deuce hand does he call a raise with here???
DN mustve got some kind of feeling that forrest had either the case 2 or had filled up somewhere.
no
its pretty obvious though that DN felt the only way a raise was gettin called was if he was beat and IF forrest goes over top of him DANIEL CAN'T CALL
yes, and FYP
u playin this prty? did you play any sattelites?
I played 3 sattelites, two 1500 supers and 1 1800 stt, the structure in the 1500 supers is TERRIBLE and I couldnt get a seat 3k in chips 25/50 blinds and 40 minute levels, you basically have to get real lucky early. I wish I would have spent my first 3k + 600 more and played 3 single tables instead, 15k in chips 20 minute levels and 2nd gets there money back, it gets crapshooty at the end but whatever I have an edge in crapshoot preflop poker over almost any live player so it would work to my benifit. I played the 1800 last night, played sick had the chiplead with 50k 5 handed pretty much a lock, then I ran A8 to K7 aipf and the board came 8 high turn K.... then I raised and folded 99 to JJ, ran A4 vs AK button vs bb...and that was basically it for me :club: and I cant afford to buy in for 15k right now, so I guess I'll have to wait for bahamas.

Total Bluffs attempted on day one: 0Total re-raises before the flop: 0 I honestly, didn't attempt even ONE bluff all day. Not one. Not as surprising, I never re-raised pre-flop. I'm going to stick to my game and if people want to get me off of my game, I'll force them to continuously stick their neck on the line, while I look to build chips more carefully.... nite guys, dead tired.