I Got In

guys, i got into stanford, got my early action result came today. iono if thats where i wanna go, but i'm hecka happy.

When it comes time to decide where to go, go to the college that makes you happy. I went to school at Brown over the summer, got high at Harvard, visted Cornell and stayed the night at Univeristy of Florida.Though the first 3 are Ivy Leagues and whatnot, I fit in the best at UF and had a great time there. Its the school, in the end, I'll be happiest at.Good job with Stanford, our Valedictorian applied there. Always good to have it as an option

i had a terrible time trying to get into them. then i looked closer, and saw that the clerk brought the wrong size. after he exchanged them it was smooth sailing.shoes.jpg

foo'ed you! congrats, sir, and may the winds of fortune be with you whichever direction you decide to sail.

guys, i got into stanford, got my early action result came today. iono if thats where i wanna go, but i'm hecka happy.
I can tell you're NorCal valley scum from the hecka comment.... lol j/kCongrats

thanks guys. my gpa is somewhere around 4.3, i'm hoping to be valedictorian of our class but we'll see. i got 2290 SATs which was nice. but i applied as a musician, a composer, i sent in a CD of three of my pieces complete with scores, so thats probably what set me apart. everyone that applies has 4.0+ and baller SATs. so its all about the x-factor.i got high and drunk today and life feels pretty good. sorry for the shameless boasting but i figure, eh, its stanford.

thanks guys. my gpa is somewhere around 4.3, i'm hoping to be valedictorian of our class but we'll see. i got 2290 SATs which was nice. but i applied as a musician, a composer, i sent in a CD of three of my pieces complete with scores, so thats probably what set me apart. everyone that applies has 4.0+ and baller SATs. so its all about the x-factor.i got high and drunk today and life feels pretty good. sorry for the shameless boasting but i figure, eh, its stanford.
Very impressive, good luck with your schooling.
4.3 weighted? Because I got a 4.6 weighted and have no shot at getting into stanford. Of course, I also took the ACT's instead of the SAT's and got a 29, and I also don't write music.Still, Congrats.

4.3 weighted, throughout high school. theres a difference. yeah, this year i'm shooting for 4.7142857 and last year i got 4.57142857. its hard though. right now i'm getting 2 B+es and i'm "hella" concerned. additionally, those finals are on the day after my 18th birthday, which means i have to spend that day studying for them. lol. oh well.i guess i made this post hoping for people to say the things they did. so i'm pleased because internet street cred is basically the most important thing in life.

4.3 weighted, throughout high school. theres a difference. yeah, this year i'm shooting for 4.7142857 and last year i got 4.57142857. its hard though. right now i'm getting 2 B+es and i'm "hella" concerned. additionally, those finals are on the day after my 18th birthday, which means i have to spend that day studying for them. lol. oh well.i guess i made this post hoping for people to say the things they did. so i'm pleased because internet street cred is basically the most important thing in life.
Get out of here with NorCal talk. :club:

Congratulations. You forgot to mention the most important thing though: $20 rounds of golf at a top 100 (or so) golf course.Now it's time for: Choose your own ending to my post! (none of them are that good)A) Unless you're black. Then put on a Nike shirt and play for free (cause they'll assume you're Tiger Woods who went there. haha. The joke is that all black people look the same. To me at least. (I'm white).)B ) Don't make the same mistake I did though. I once got accepted at Stanford. Went there for a year in fact. Turns out though, in retrospect, it wasn't Stanford at all. It was "Stamford", and it wasn't even a university. It was an Arby's. Yes, I mistakenly worked for a year at an Arby's in Stamford. But it was the best year of my life! And by "best year of my life" I mean I had full access to the cheese machine. They made us pay for the roast beef though. I didn't though! That's why I was fired. So, I guess my advice is to always pay for the roast beef.C) Same as B, but replace Arby's with the truth: A janitor's closet at aforementioned Arby's.