Jamie Gold's Father Passed Away

http://wickedchopspoker.blogs.com/my_weblo..._golds_fat.html
Jamie Gold's Father Succumbs to ALSEarly Thursday morning, Wicked Chops Poker received word from a friend of Jamie Gold that Dr. Robert Gold, the father of the 2006 WSOP Main event champ, had passed away at the age of 76. As most know, Jamie's father was battling ALS, the crippling neurodegenerative disease commonly referred to as Lou Gehrig's Disease.According to Gold's friend, Jamie was set to play the Five Diamond World Poker Classic in Las Vegas and had just landed at McCarran Airport when he got the news from his mom and caught the next flight home. Jamie Gold's father became an integral part of Gold's WSOP story after Jamie pledged to use the money from his winnings to make his father as comfortable as possible and when Gold called him from the final table immediately after winning.

dont be a scumbag ......regardless of what you think of jamie its clear his father was very important to him and als is a horrribledisease without a cure. your opinion of jamie should not reflect upon the death of a great man.

The only thing I saw during the entire broadcast of the 2006 WSOP that didn't make me think Jamie Gold is a giant **** was the way he talked about his father, and the phone call he made after he won. Death sucks. RIP.

dont be a scumbag ......regardless of what you think of jamie its clear his father was very important to him and als is a horrribledisease without a cure. your opinion of jamie should not reflect upon the death of a great man.
Wasn't being a scumbag, I feel bad for him losing his father. It still doesn't change my opinion of Jamie Gold as a person though.
Wasn't being a scumbag, I feel bad for him losing his father. It still doesn't change my opinion of Jamie Gold as a person though.
Thats actually an interesting dilemma. Just because something bad happend, does that me u shud act all nice about them ?It's like if you know someone physically handicapped, and you feel sorry for them, but their personality is that of a scumbag, is it 'wrong' to dislike them. is it not wrong to dislike a cripple, coz afterall, they're a cripple. Its just something I've always found interesting