55k On Stars New Reord?

what i am trying to say is that it was a donk call in your opinion because of the style you have accepted to be tournament poker. yes, many other people will agree with you, but some people are willing to gamble 10% EV to gain a stack to go deep. the 10% in -ev that he lost would be nothing compared to his chances to win the tournament if he had a bigger stack. he was playing to win, and to tell u the truth, i dont think it was a donk call. hey, he did call with ace high vs your king high (and dont turn this into an extreme example where you can construe the call to be horrible under different circumstances)your style of poker isnt the only one and it is only incorrect in your book and the people who follow your style. do you think that someone like layne flack would have folded? im pretty sure he would have called and dont tell me he is a donkey.btw, he lost on two terrible beats with 15 left to lose.
sorry to here your friend went so deep only to bust out because of 2 bad beats, that always stings...i dont have that mentality where i think my way is the only right way at all...im only talking about this one paticular hand...i just think it was a horrible call...espeacially because i was playing very tight since i got to his table...but everyones entitled to their own opinoin.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i missed that the first time around, that's super (phill hellmuth) nittish IMO. If you were to guarantee that I would be at worst 60/40 every hand in an MTT, I'm pushing everytime until I win it / go busto.
lol KK, im the furthest thing from that and i dont think you should play like that at all... :club: theres a big diff between pushing and calling off. :D
I don't even know who the good players are on this forum....... I've heard Daniel's okay, but I think he's better at managing a fantasy hockey team, so I don't know what that says. I just don't think it's a great move in general.It's not possible to bluff while calling btw.
obv its impossible to bluff while calling, im saying that he thought vatche was "bluffing" with a hand that didnt beat his so he called.vatche: do you agree it is a good call to make if he was trying to win the tournament? even though it might not have been +ev, i think you can answer that question on its own.and yes, im only here for the same reason as other people: im pulling an all nighter doing an essay that is due in four hours and if i dont hand it in, i get an F for the semester, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
lol KK, im the furthest thing from that and i dont think you should play like that at all... :club: theres a big diff between pushing and calling off. :D
obv, i saw you reraise with that 73o at that full tilt FT a week or so ago.but still, if i know (since you said you'd fold A7s to a turned over KJ in that situation) I've got an edge like that, I'm calling everytime. (not that this has anything to do with the initial situation anymore lol)