55k On Stars New Reord?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a while since I ventured out of the hockey forum but IMO I agree with the push here.... I haven't actually played poker in a few months, so I'm a little rusty though.
i don't think anybody's arguing against vatche's push (at least i hope not, bc they should consider giving up donkaments/poker in general if that's the case) but there is some discussion if nemo's A7 call was the right move.Vatche, in that situation (folded to you CO, shortstacked with possible 1st in Vig) if I'm the BB I got to make your range pretty wide (top 60%?) and A7s seems like although possibly borderline, considering "my" stack size, a call vs that range.

Not to hijak the thread, but as an aside, don't you love coming back from a hiatus, playing great poker, and then remember you're playing at 1/10 your normal stake to "warm up", so even if you take down the tournament you're chipleading, it will hardly affect your role? It's great, I'll take down a 2K to bust out of 7 straight 200Ks.semi-rant over.ah I see the argument here. that's a toss-up, you can argue it reasonably from either side I think, although my mo would be to likely fold in that spot as well.

i don't think anybody's arguing against vatche's push (at least i hope not, bc they should consider giving up donkaments/poker in general if that's the case) but there is some discussion if nemo's A7 call was the right move.Vatche, in that situation (folded to you CO, shortstacked with possible 1st in Vig) if I'm the BB I got to make your range pretty wide (top 60%?) and A7s seems like although possibly borderline, considering "my" stack size, a call vs that range.
ya, if i was in the bb and somone open shoved from the CO, and i had an Ace, i would also think there is a good chance "im ahead"...but it wouldnt matter, my hands would be tied and i would have to fold because im not comfrotable calling off 60% of my stack hoping to be 60-40...
ya, if i was in the bb and somone open shoved from the CO, and i had an Ace, i would also think there is a good chance "im ahead"...but it wouldnt matter, my hands would be tied and i would have to fold because im not comfrotable calling off 60% of my stack hoping to be 60-40...
If you don't like getting your money in as a 60/40 favorite, go play some lololololomaha tourneys, 52/48 all day baby :club: So, in nemo's situation, if you're not calling with A7s, what are you calling with?
What were blinds/stacks/# left?
If you don't like getting your money in as a 60/40 favorite, go play some lololololomaha tourneys, 52/48 all day baby :club: So, in nemo's situation, if you're not calling with A7s, what are you calling with?
It's a question of getting your money in as a 60/40 favorite best case scenario...
It's a question of getting your money in as a 60/40 favorite best case scenario...
I understand that. I'm not advocating the call very hard at all (I believe it's player/read dependent) I just want to know what an established baller :club: such as Vatche is calling in the BB with.
K3 baby...AND YOU KNOW THIS. :D seriously, i would probably feel comfrotable with AJ or better...
What were blinds/stacks/# left?
6K-12KI had a 100k, he had 160k behind in the bb. 48 left.
I understand that. I'm not advocating the call very hard at all (I believe it's player/read dependent) I just want to know what an established baller :club: such as Vatche is calling in the BB with.
lol, im not an "established baller"...maybe one day. :D
true, but it's been said by Vatche that he would fold even if he KNEW he was against KJ, i think that's ridiculous, knowingly turning down a 60/40 favourite in a situation like this, you can't consistently turn down guaranteed situations like that and be successful
true, but it's been said by Vatche that he would fold even if he KNEW he was against KJ, i think that's ridiculous, knowingly turning down a 60/40 favourite in a situation like this, you can't consistently turn down guaranteed situations like that and be successful
dont get me wrong...if im shortstacked and in need of a double, and im in the bb with an Ace facing an open shove from the cut off, this would be a spot i would chose to gamble in...but if i have a stack thats got resteal fold equity(which he did), i will neve ever ever in a gillion years make this call...even if i know a 100% that im 60-40.edit...lol @ the FYP.

you guys dont know nemo like i do.its pretty sad that you guys would make general assumptions about his play just by his stack and by his call. the only reason you guys are fuming is because a respected member lost. maybe you guys are wrong for not considering how nemo plays and that not everyone has to play by the book to play poker. vatche didnt adapt to the situation and he paid the price.and to call nemo a luckbox is hilarious considering the **** ive seen him take in the past two months (even though he did luck out crazily at the $55K two days ago)he built up his stack initially by having zangbezan at his table during rebuy period, they just kept going all in

you guys dont know nemo like i do.its pretty sad that you guys would make general assumptions about his play just by his stack and by his call. the only reason you guys are fuming is because a respected member lost. maybe you guys are wrong for not considering how nemo plays and that not everyone has to play by the book to play poker. vatche didnt adapt to the situation and he paid the price.and to call nemo a luckbox is hilarious considering the **** ive seen him take in the past two months (even though he did luck out crazily at the $55K two days ago)he built up his stack initially by having zangbezan at his table during rebuy period, they just kept going all in
nobodys fuming...even if i was not the one in the hand and i didnt know who nemo was, i would automaticly assume hes a donk after i saw him make that call...maybe he's not a donk, but that was a donk call.
nobodys fuming...even if i was not the one in the hand and i didnt know who nemo was, i would automaticly assume hes a donk after i saw him make that call...maybe he's not a donk, but that was a donk call.
what i am trying to say is that it was a donk call in your opinion because of the style you have accepted to be tournament poker. yes, many other people will agree with you, but some people are willing to gamble 10% EV to gain a stack to go deep. the 10% in -ev that he lost would be nothing compared to his chances to win the tournament if he had a bigger stack. he was playing to win, and to tell u the truth, i dont think it was a donk call. hey, he did call with ace high vs your king high (and dont turn this into an extreme example where you can construe the call to be horrible under different circumstances)your style of poker isnt the only one and it is only incorrect in your book and the people who follow your style. do you think that someone like layne flack would have folded? im pretty sure he would have called and dont tell me he is a donkey.btw, he lost on two terrible beats with 15 left to lose.

i dont think it really matters who the player is. what he's saying is that calling off 60% of his stack strictly hoping he is a coinflip/slight favorite and often behind or way behind is not a play anyone is condoning. yes the call worked out but that doesnt matter

i dont think it really matters who the player is. what he's saying is that calling off 60% of his stack strictly hoping he is a coinflip/slight favorite and often behind or way behind is not a play anyone is condoning. yes the call worked out but that doesnt matter
no, i think you missed my point. not every poker player is the same. we arent all "vatche zombies" that would play each hand the same way and only make calls based on exact pot odds (i am not knocking you vatche, but i couldnt think of a name). and yes, some players would condone this call, they are the ones who play to win and not just place.and why are you to assume that he is more often going to be behind or completely dominated? how do you need nemo didnt have a read or something clicked that said "KJ". poker is not an ABC game, there is more to it than just pot odds or general assumptions. bluffing is a component of poker but i dont have to tell you this

I don't even know who the good players are on this forum....... I've heard Daniel's okay, but I think he's better at managing a fantasy hockey team, so I don't know what that says. I just don't think it's a great move in general.It's not possible to bluff while calling btw.

His call is a lot closer than you think. Possibly still slightly -cEV, but not by much. He only needs around 42% equity to break even which is very close given a reasonable pushing range. Factor in the extra leverage he can have with a large stack and neutral cEV gambles can be +$EV.I think folding is correct, but only by a very small margin.

yeah, i missed that the first time around, that's super (phill hellmuth) nittish IMO. If you were to guarantee that I would be at worst 60/40 every hand in an MTT, I'm pushing everytime until I win it / go busto.

I don't really care, I'm just bored and know there's no point trying to sleep, so I might as well pull an all-nighter... it's either sit in general for a while and ***** about some miniscually -EV call, or drive to the B&M and play with the idiot regs for 2 hours.