• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Underemployed, maybe. Luckily my wife has a real job so it's all good.
I actually "write" but haven't finished anything in like 10 years, literally. I get bored with my ideas easily. Presumably, so would others, so what's the point? I do have something that I have been working on that I think is pitchable, I had a dream the other night that I tried to talk Spielberg into doing it. He didn't bite. Apparently, he could give a **** about what is loosely titled Swat 2. He did say that he would see who he could get me a meeting with. Then I woke up. :club:
Normally a hospice nurse, currently on comp due to a neck injury
Hey finz! So, you're a nurse, too ... I should have known.I am a nurse educator and administrator at a children's hospital. I also teach a course at a local university.

My last day of work is tomorrow..I was a Program Manager Assistant at a cell phone distributor...I am going back to school at Illiniois State Univ. as a full time student in Janurary

Have you heard about the reality show Spielberg is involved with? It's called "On The Lot" and it sounds pretty cool. You could throw together a short and send it in. I think I'm going to cut something together that I already made and submit it.
Haven't heard of that, and don't really have anything to send. I am never really satisfied with shorts- I have a friend that pretty much put's something together yearly and while I don't hate them I don't like them. It's tough for me to tell a real story in 5 minutes, or even 10. I have considered just finishing one of my more artsy/conversation based ideas and financing it myself, and seeing what I could put together. The friend I have is good with a camera, I just am not turned on by his stories. He is a little bit to much of a Kevin Smith, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc. fan and it literally shows in all his work. I was working on something involving a painkiller/drug addicted baseball pitcher who has to leave the bigs for awhile to sober up, his dad dies and he goes home for the funeral and just stays, getting back to basics. He purchases a old skating rink that he loved going to as a kid, renovates it and just heals, gets in touch with what he was missing, old girlfrien, etc. Throw in a little pseudo relationship with girl that's a little to young- not illegal relationship but it gets close, think Timothy Hutton and Natalie Portman in Beautiful Girls. What do you think, sound workable?

Full-time job is plugging Dunkin Donuts, but I don't get paid for it. Second-year law student when I'm not doing the first gig. The summer job pays about $2K a week, but for some reason I still can't bring myself to move past $10 SNGs, and I still get excited when I win enough to fill the gas tank.

Full-time job is plugging Dunkin Donuts, but I don't get paid for it. Second-year law student when I'm not doing the first gig. The summer job pays about $2K a week, but for some reason I still can't bring myself to move past $10 SNGs, and I still get excited when I win enough to fill the gas tank.
Don't be offended- seriously, brace yourself- but Dunkin Donuts has gone downhill. They are terrible.
Don't be offended- seriously, brace yourself- but Dunkin Donuts has gone downhill. They are terrible.
HA! agree Lois. Used to love them but not anymore. Krispy Kremes are...too sweet for me actually, but good.Friday (ironically) is my un official doughnut day. I have bad pipes, but I love coffee, so I take one day a week and get my fix, and Friday is my Joe day. So I always grab a dozen for the office on that day, take 2 for me, and throw the rest to the sugar Jackels. I mean...what is coffee without some fried rings of doom? And who has the best doughnuts in AZ??? Well....these days my butt always heads to.......B A S H A ' S! Call me crazy but they make a pretty damn good dunker.Cheers! :club:(edit: oh yeah, job. Designed gas systems for 15 years, then started doing sales and marketing contracts and financial analysis with/for the major home builders developing subdivisions. Great job, great pay.....but after 22+years I have had it.3 more years to a lifetime pension. ......tick tock......tick tock.....)
HA! agree Lois. Used to love them but not anymore. Krispy Kremes are...too sweet for me actually, but good.Friday (ironically) is my un official doughnut day. I have bad pipes, but I love coffee, so I take one day a week and get my fix, and Friday is my Joe day. So I always grab a dozen for the office on that day, take 2 for me, and throw the rest to the sugar Jackels. I mean...what is coffee without some fried rings of doom? And who has the best doughnuts in AZ??? Well....these days my butt always heads to.......B A S H A ' S! Call me crazy but they make a pretty damn good dunker.Cheers! :club:
I have seriously got to meet up with you and other AZ guys someday. Not anytime soon, the holidays are crazy, but we could go play a shitty weekend tourney somewhere some weekend. I always get invites to private tourneys as well, that are pretty centrally located.
Our local newspaper said that Dunkin Doughnuts is going to be making a 'major comeback' starting next year to compete with Krispy Kreme and Starbucks.They said they want to have 15,000 stores by 2020, while expanding westward from Wisconsin. The doughnuts will no longer be made on site, but delivered daily.Meh. I'll take a fresh-out-of-the-oven Krispy Kreme any day. :club: