Count Me As One Of The Neteller Hacks

OK its been 4 days since i did it, is it safe to assume it took care of the problem cause i havent had anything happen since
not always...viruses can stay dormant for some time before they activate. depends on when they were programmed to execute.you're safe running AVG (see link above) and having it scan...if there's something there, it should find it.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see the AVG link can u re post it, also will it find it and delete it if its there?
I wouldn't bother getting AVG as the free version is going away (new updates I presume, have not checked the site yet) in January according to a popup generated by the program on startup.
To clarifi, according to the p5's thread he was scammed despite thorough efforts to verify the borrower's identification. This is unrelated to any neteller hack.On another note though, i did receive a keylogger virus the day the forums went down but was able to successfully remove it immediately as my Norton Antivirus program went bizzerk (sp?). I'd recommend everyone running a full scan. GLAlso, 1 question about keyloggers...as their name suggests they simply log your keystrokes to determine your passwords etc, correct? If so, then my suggestion is to keep a password file and to always copy/paste it when using it instead of ever typing it out. I already do that with neteller ids since they're rediculously long.
As already stated, some keyloggers keep track of your clipboard as well.
I wouldn't bother getting AVG as the free version is going away (new updates I presume, have not checked the site yet) in January according to a popup generated by the program on startup.
no it's not. 7.5 will still be given away for free. i've pointed several people to the free 7.5 version.

This one is actually a huge step up from the other hacks...up until this one they all seemed to be instacashes onto sites. This meant they only needed your account number and secure ID. To get into the account though they would need you password or otherwise backdoor it altoghether. As far as a keylogger, if Neteller is the last account you used prior to this happening then this is a possiblity...if not then all accounts should have been drained/exploited.

This one is actually a huge step up from the other hacks...up until this one they all seemed to be instacashes onto sites. This meant they only needed your account number and secure ID. To get into the account though they would need you password or otherwise backdoor it altoghether. As far as a keylogger, if Neteller is the last account you used prior to this happening then this is a possiblity...if not then all accounts should have been drained/exploited.
nopei hadn't used my neteller since mid-november, and my account was hacked on december 5th.i'm pretty sure now it's neteller's got a backdoor since if they had been smart, they would've hacked my poker accounts.

Is it possible you have auto fill on the password for the poker sites but you have to type in the secure id and password for Neteller? Obviously I have no idea what I am talking about since I could use all the help I could get to make sure nothing happens to me, just throwing an idea out there.

I am curious why you don't hear more about companies that specialize in coming to your house, adding any programs you may need, testing your system and making sure your system is not vulnerable to this type of issue? I'm sure we all know tons of people that would pay a decent chunk for this. Even people that don't play poker have to be scared about having their information compromised.Okay, now that I am thinking about it, one of you mf'ers with actual computer knowledge PM me and lets start a company!!!

I am curious why you don't hear more about companies that specialize in coming to your house, adding any programs you may need, testing your system and making sure your system is not vulnerable to this type of issue? I'm sure we all know tons of people that would pay a decent chunk for this. Even people that don't play poker have to be scared about having their information compromised.Okay, now that I am thinking about it, one of you mf'ers with actual computer knowledge PM me and lets start a company!!!
hi
hi
You applying? Oh wait, that doesn't say, "Obscure Music Knowledge". You would think having a 19 year old on IM would be of some computer help to an old fogy like me but every time I tell him my computer is freaking out and ask what the problem might be, I get the same response, "I dunno".
i'm game.think we could have precincts in home depot?
You applying? Oh wait, that doesn't say, "Obscure Music Knowledge". You would think having a 19 year old on IM would be of some computer help to an old fogy like me but every time I tell him my computer is freaking out and ask what the problem might be, I get the same response, "I dunno".
lol, buddy, "i dunno" means leave me alone i have to go to home depot cuz ur girlfriend asked me to pick up some things for her for a few "favors" in return
lol, buddy, "i dunno" means leave me alone i have to go to home depot cuz ur girlfriend asked me to pick up some things for her for a few "favors" in return
Nah, she don't do statutory rape.
ok ok, whats with all these home depot jokes?someone clue me in please. :club:
LASODALKDALKSAD LOOOOOOOOOOL HANGUK UR MY HERO... DUDE SHOPS @ HOME DEPOT FOR MILK AND ORANGE JUICE... HES IN THERE SO OFTEN ITS SICK
Nah, she don't do statutory rape.
better check again, ur chick is gettin lockedddddddd up