Are Some People Serious?

In recent events I have seen several players down a few grand and still making plays like this: PokerStars Game #7378683312: Tournament #37736219, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2006/12/10 - 02:36:11 (ET)Table '37736219 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: UncleRoli (1290 in chips) is sitting outSeat 3: JASNOLE86 (1665 in chips) Seat 4: TheProphesy1 (3670 in chips) Seat 6: shicum (1460 in chips) Seat 8: Hanke007 (2040 in chips) Seat 9: gutshot yoe (1765 in chips) gutshot yoe: posts small blind 25UncleRoli: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to TheProphesy1 [Kd Ad]JASNOLE86: folds TheProphesy1: raises 100 to 150shicum: folds Hanke007: calls 150gutshot yoe: folds UncleRoli: folds *** FLOP *** [Ac Jc 6h]TheProphesy1: bets 200Hanke007: raises 200 to 400TheProphesy1: raises 600 to 1000Hanke007: calls 600*** TURN *** [Ac Jc 6h] [9h]TheProphesy1: bets 2520 and is all-inHanke007: calls 890 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [Ac Jc 6h 9h] [3d]*** SHOW DOWN ***TheProphesy1: shows [Kd Ad] (a pair of Aces)Hanke007: shows [As 3c] (two pair, Aces and Threes)Hanke007 collected 4155 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4155 | Rake 0 Board [Ac Jc 6h 9h 3d]Seat 1: UncleRoli (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: JASNOLE86 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: TheProphesy1 showed [Kd Ad] and lost with a pair of AcesSeat 6: shicum folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Hanke007 (button) showed [As 3c] and won (4155) with two pair, Aces and ThreesSeat 9: gutshot yoe (small blind) folded before FlopIt really makes me wonder why some people still play poker. At which point in the hand, when you still had chips did you ever think your A3 was good?

After the flop, he obviously had top pair and a backdoor flush draw for his 3. No way he can lay that down!! (sw)Not to mention that after the flop, he was pretty much commmited and your bet at the turn was giving him over 3.5:1

this was a very very thinly veiled attempt at a bad beat story**** happens, move onBBFIDTSAnd oh, btw, you are the player that was so upset by the bad beat that you posted a thread about it and embellished by insinuating that the player was down thousands when making the play (although that would indicate why he makes plays like that)

Ya'll are right it was a bad beat story but I still can't believe how someone can make that move. However, once again I should be happy that my opponents are willing to make that move because it is huge + ev for me.

Ya'll are right it was a bad beat story but I still can't believe how someone can make that move. However, once again I should be happy that my opponents are willing to make that move because it is huge + ev for me.
Please write back when you have something to say that we havent seen and experienced a million times over.

Who actually understand the game? I wasn't looking for sympathy I was trying to understand why donks actually play the game when they lose a ton of money and using a bad beat to explain what I meant. And as for actually understanding the game don't make me laugh. My poker resume states I understand the game so don't act like I am some fish. I have studied the game extensively one of the only things I still don't understand though is why fish who are down a ton of money still play it. I don't understand it, but I do like it.

Well I don't buy your rant. Fish play because its fun, especially fun for them when they suck out, put you on tilt and get you to post on FCP general and get flamed. Cut your loses and move on. Please use the Bad beat forum next time if you feel like blowing blowing off some steam.

I wasn't looking for sympathy I was trying to understand why donks actually play the game when they lose a ton of money and using a bad beat to explain what I meant.
1.) Yes, you were looking for sympathy. That is why you posted the hand2.) It is a $10 tournament....get over it already3.) Donks play the game for the same reason as you and I. Entertainment and enjoyment.
Who actually understand the game? I wasn't looking for sympathy I was trying to understand why donks actually play the game when they lose a ton of money and using a bad beat to explain what I meant. And as for actually understanding the game don't make me laugh. My poker resume states I understand the game so don't act like I am some fish. I have studied the game extensively one of the only things I still don't understand though is why fish who are down a ton of money still play it. I don't understand it, but I do like it.
If you dont understand why fish continue to play then you do not understand the game. They play, because they win occassionally which is enough to keep them coming back. If they didnt good players would have to beat up on people like you who think that we should just turn over out starting hands pf and be awarded the pot based on the quality of our holding.

Donks do what they do for a thousand reasons few of which you could understand or benefit from knowing. This is a $11 tourney. It could be that he's playing 16 tables and not paying much attention. It could be that he has to leave and just wants to get it all in in a hurry. It could be that he's a multi-millionaire who couldn't care less about the $11 and just wants to gamboool. It could be that he's a really bad player who overplays top pair no kicker.Rule 1 of small stakes poker: don't assume that your opponents are going to play like you.Corollary to rule 1: don't assume your players are going to play in a way that you can rationalize.Honestly if you don't know that - and are willing to get it all in with only TPTK - you're not as good as you think.

What exactly bothers you about this?That there's someone out there who sucks even more than you?Or is the fact that you've made so little (im being generous, you're probably down even though you'll deny it to the bitter end) that you really feel the burn of losing a pot in a 10 dollar tournament?