Strange Betting Increments

Do you guys think think there are any advantages to making odd bets/raises. e.g - blinds are 100/200, and you raise to 347, instead of a standard amount such as 300.I remember seeing I think it was Looshle at a big final table a while ago and he was doing it almost every time.I've started doing it recently, just in tournaments and it seems to have an effect on people. Not sure if there are certain times when it is better to do it?So, does anyone here ever do it, if so do you think it's advantageous?-- At Titan Poker (US players can't play there though), you can even bet decimals too. So you could raise to 317.49 for example. If nothing else, it keeps me amused...

Do you guys think think there are any advantages to making odd bets/raises. e.g - blinds are 100/200, and you raise to 347, instead of a standard amount such as 300.I remember seeing I think it was Looshle at a big final table a while ago and he was doing it almost every time.I've started doing it recently, just in tournaments and it seems to have an effect on people. Not sure if there are certain times when it is better to do it?So, does anyone here ever do it, if so do you think it's advantageous?-- At Titan Poker (US players can't play there though), you can even bet decimals too. So you could raise to 317.49 for example. If nothing else, it keeps me amused...
GL raising the bb of 200 to 347

I have done that in the past, but for some reason I stopped. I realized during my time making the odd bets I would get mixed reactions. Most people would think I was bluffing and pay me off. Some people thought I had the near nuts when I did it. I would suggest doing it with great hands and people will pay you off more than fold. Mike Caro said that people are looking for any reason to call a bet. I think this is a reason to give them to call.

My friends and I love doing this because for some odd reason it drives certain people nutz, and they will b1tch about having uneven stacks and crap like that. Plus it's just fun to do. It seems to put some folks on tilt, but I really can't see where it would hurt. Just make sure you don't just do it in certain situations (as a tell)

Yeah I've recently started doing it and it seems to get people a little off their game. The thing is though is the reaction is not consistant. Sometimes people will think you're bluffing and call or push back with marginal hands, and sometimes it scares people away. Anything that gets people to do something they wouldnt normally do is good.

Yeah I've recently started doing it and it seems to get people a little off their game. The thing is though is the reaction is not consistant. Sometimes people will think you're bluffing and call or push back with marginal hands, and sometimes it scares people away. Anything that gets people to do something they wouldnt normally do is good.
True, it definitely depends on the person for what type of reaction you'll get. Results may vary
True, it definitely depends on the person for what type of reaction you'll get. Results may vary
i always have the same reaction when I look at your avatar.STIFFY!

I used to always raise an increment that would even my stack out. I stopped doing it cuz it made people play into me a lot more. More than a few times someone would type in the chat, "whats with these numbers?" and then shove all their chips in. So I dunno, maybe do it when you got the nuts, but I try to keep a low profile, not piss everyone off so they make plays at me.

i read some where that the reason to do it is to get the same effect out of your raise but put less of your chips at risk. ie blinds are 100/200 standard raise would be to make it 600 to go but you always make 585 or something like that. Its basically the same raise but you save yourself 15 chips each time. it can add up over the course of a multi tourney

makes the math harder, have you ever tried subracting from a number that has a 7 in it? Good luck
27 - 8 = wordsinthisequation :club: woahhh...ur right!
My friends and I love doing this because for some odd reason it drives certain people nutz, and they will b1tch about having uneven stacks and crap like that. Plus it's just fun to do. It seems to put some folks on tilt, but I really can't see where it would hurt. Just make sure you don't just do it in certain situations (as a tell)
If it drives them so nut to have uneven amounts, then surely they are good enough at math to "even it back up" with their bets. ..................WHICH I have done before.

I have started to impliment this bet into my mtt strategy.It serves a few purposes...1. It helps save u bets over the long course of a mtt. If blinds are 600/1200 w/ antes...and instead of making it 3600, you make it 3299 or something goofy and it saves u bets when u get repopped when stealing.2. The odd stack size sometimes makes opponent think u are all in. Not sure if it's like this on all sites, but on Stars when u raise the odd number it looks at 1st glance like the player is all in. U would be surprised how often somebody folds thinking you are all-in!3. Tilts some people. Prolly the last reason for the odd raise, but if u know it is annoying someone...by all means do it!!!

i have been doing this a lot recently. most of the time i type 111 because i am too lazy to type 100. i have found that most people think you are weak when you do it. therefore, i do it a lot, but not all the time. i do it a few times early when i am weak, but then wait til later when you are strong to do it more. i really think that i get paid off more when i bet a weird amount.