I Got Into College Today!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats. Did you go to King High School? Don't live in dorms. (I'll be reiterating this to every college freshman coming to UF.)
Ya im at king high school. you know it? If not dorms should I go apartments with my friends? What games do you know going on at UF, that is , once u get tired of pwning stars
Congrats. Now you too can become a whiney little bit.ch just like your football coach.
o wow that was funnyI hope u know arguing about this is not going to change anything....You still lost to OSU so get over it.

I think dorms are a lot of fun. You meet a lot of cool people. I know college freshman here at the U of Minnesota that started off in appartments and have had a difficult time meeting people.Maybe it is different in Florida, but in my opinion the dorms are a good experiance.

Congrats. I wish you happiness in whatever roads you choose in college.2 pieces of advice:1. DON'T LEAVE HICKIES ON A GIRL YOU ENJOY HOOKING UP WITH. If you do, then plan to never hook up with her again.2. Eat before drinking a lot. and never go beer before liquor. love,Kid DynOmiteakaCaesar9998
1 isn't that big of a deal, girls will get over it, and the whole beer before liquor thing's kinda bullshit in my opinion. There's a much greater correlation between nights I threw up and the total amount I drank, not so much with the order in which it was drank.
Congrats. Now you too can become a whiney little bit.ch just like your football coach.
Haha somebody's still a little upset...
I think dorms are a lot of fun. You meet a lot of cool people. I know college freshman here at the U of Minnesota that started off in appartments and have had a difficult time meeting people.Maybe it is different in Florida, but in my opinion the dorms are a good experiance.
yeah its very easy to meet ppl in themPpl dont like it bc u cant drink or smoke really in them

Yea not at Florida. The new administration has decided to turn dorms into preschool daycares. Its sad. Frankly, the majority of the cool people I know live off campus or wish they did. Meeting people is good, but with people moving off campus in droves, its not a problem. In dorms, you simply can not drink and get away with it for a long period of time. Sure, if you want to sit in your room alone and sip a beer its one thing, but the rule is anymore than 4 people in the room is not allowed, and they will bust you. Its retarded. No partying of any magnitude happens in dorms. There are student only apartment complexes with tons of freshman. They tend to be the same price as dorms. Most people hang out at these anyway...every night there is partying going on, and all have beautiful pools with hot tubs, and hot chicks. They also do roommate matching where you can get put with other freshman with similar interests and what not. At UF, the assignment is totally random, so with the increase in admissions standards, and the proportion of cool people moving off campus, if you live in a dorm, you are likely to get a total nerd as a roommate, which sucks.I am passionate about people not living in dorms at UF because I think it sucks. I have met really cool people, but frankly, so have people who live off campus and I just do not like to be treated like a 12 year old, which is how I feel when they come in, make me dump bottles of beer in the bathroom sink, then send me to the dean for punishment and counseling.

I'm working on where the pokershack will be. (shamelessly stolen from the famous pokerhaus). Either a house right off university, right by the bars, or a big 4 br apartment at cabana beach. The house is a sweet location, but requires work, such as lawn-mowing, which lazy poker players aren't fond of.

1 isn't that big of a deal, girls will get over it, and the whole beer before liquor thing's kinda bullshit in my opinion. There's a much greater correlation between nights I threw up and the total amount I drank, not so much with the order in which it was drank.
Totally. Some people are pussies and can't deal with it, but any man worth his salt can mix and match all 3 (liquor, beer, wine) with no ill-effect. Champagne can be trouble because of the hyper-intense carbonation, but getting nitty about the "liquor before beer" thing is just... nitty. And gay.
yeah its very easy to meet ppl in themPpl dont like it bc u cant drink or smoke really in them
My RA (guy who runs the dorms) used to come home from the bar and pound on the dorm-doors of my friends and I until we woke up up so he could play "Brain Damage" and segue into "Eclipse" over and over and over again on his acoustic guitar while drinking some of our beer and smoking all of our weed.Oh, Vikram. It's weird to think you work for the NSA, now.Wang

Congrats dude, college is way +EV...to bad classes get in the way. Seriously though, I thoroughly enjoyed college and I'm actually thinking about going back to obtain my MBA.Getting hammered + ice storm = a shit load of fun walking home :club: