i hate online poker.

I do well in live games. Both cash games and tournaments. Enough to have been playing a long time and my overall results are well in the positive rangeProbably not.It's much harder to keep bad records of losses online. Impossible really. This is why most "winning" B&M players who are losers online end up that way.

it happens at way higher limits live. 10-20 last weekend, a guy called my checkraise on the turn and bet on the river holding J9 on a 7788K board. he played the board, i played my 8s fullWhat were you doing in there with 8x aside from sucking out a full house on the turn?Just curious.

I do well in live games. Both cash games and tournaments. Enough to have been playing a long time and my overall results are well in the positive rangeProbably not.It's much harder to keep bad records of losses online. Impossible really. This is why most "winning" B&M players who are losers online end up that way.
That is correct. The losing online player will eventually realize that they either have to correct some leaks in their game or quit.I play 10/20 Limit live and 2/4 limit online. I don't see major differences in the overall quality of play. Probably the most important skill a player needs at lower limits is discipline. If you have that, you'll do well live and online.

if you play 10/20 live why is it you chose to play 2/4 online? is it because you consider the skill levels the same? and if thats so do you think that there is almost like a 3 limit curve when transitioning from live to net? im just curious because ive seen several people do this while i just play 3/6 and 5/10 online, and 6/12 live...

One thing with online poker I have found is that players at lower limits really chase down hands, even when pot odds dictate otherwise. Sometimes online ring games can become frustrating that way. I have found that SnG's yield the most profit for me (whether it is Limit or NL). People are really loose and usually make undisciplined calls enough times that the suck outs get broke eventually. I play live as well and find that it is a little easier to play when you can see the player ("playing the player" - Doyle B.) Every now and then you'll find a tough SnG, but not very often. I think online poker is good for one reason. You figure out how to play the cards and the math involved. Your experience is worth while when you go to sit down at a table in a B&M...at least for me.

it happens at way higher limits live. 10-20 last weekend, a guy called my checkraise on the turn and bet on the river holding J9 on a 7788K board. he played the board, i played my 8s fullWhat were you doing in there with 8x aside from sucking out a full house on the turn?Just curious.
Smash why do you insist on being such a complete onanist?Just curious.
if you play 10/20 live why is it you chose to play 2/4 online? is it because you consider the skill levels the same? and if thats so do you think that there is almost like a 3 limit curve when transitioning from live to net? im just curious because ive seen several people do this while i just play 3/6 and 5/10 online, and 6/12 live...
I play at lower levels online because I like to see my opponents when I'm playing 10/20. So as compensation I drop down to where I can just play basic more less straightforward poker and grind it out. I find that I have the best table selection at 2/4.

Smash why do you insist on being such a complete onanist?Just curious.You either aren't clear what that word means, are trying and failing just miserably to insult me, or have fantasies about me whacking it.Whichever of those it is, thanks.