PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Preflop: Actuary is SB with 7s.gif, 7h.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.10. 5 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, 2 folds, Actuary raises, BB calls, MP3 calls.Flop: (6 SB) 2s.gif, 3c.gif, kh.gif(3 players)Actuary bets, BB folds, MP3 calls.Turn: (4 BB) ac.gif(2 players)Actuary bets...opine pleaseno reads

Meh, we don't beat much, but I do like to rep the ace after raising pf. Sometimes players fold better hands. Obv we shut down to a call and c/f the river. If we get raised it's a super easy dump.

Looks standard to me. If he calls, do you bet the river?
oh god no.what calls us on the river that we beat?
Looks standard to me. If he calls, do you bet the river?
if called, I'm done.Draw light board, pot small enough to c/f riverclearly folding to a turn raiseSo you'd say the raise with 77 for SB is standard?It's more aggressive than I used to be. But I thought it best vs limper and BB.I'm working on a slightly more aggressive style than I played in past LHE.
PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Preflop: Actuary is SB with 7s.gif, 7h.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.10. 5 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, 2 folds, Actuary raises, BB calls, MP3 calls.Flop: (6 SB) 2s.gif, 3c.gif, kh.gif(3 players)Actuary bets, BB folds, MP3 calls.Turn: (4 BB) ac.gif(2 players)Actuary bets...opine pleaseno reads
Do you always make that raise pre-flop? Check/fold turn, I think.
if called, I'm done.Draw light board, pot small enough to c/f riverclearly folding to a turn raiseSo you'd say the raise with 77 for SB is standard?It's more aggressive than I used to be. But I thought it best vs limper and BB.I'm working on a slightly more aggressive style than I played in past LHE.
SB raise is fine because the only other player is a limper. You SHOULD be raising light there.Why would you want to be more aggro than you were? You were the killer SLAP... you don't think that style can win anymore?
Do you always make that raise pre-flop? Check/fold turn, I think.
I used to just complete and c/f lots of flops, maybe c/r some.I think it's good to get BB's overs out and increase FE on flop. I'm sorta trying to find thin marginal plays that are less safe than my old ways. (what Zach says is my thinking here pf)
Why would you want to be more aggro than you were? You were the killer SLAP... you don't think that style can win anymore?
ahh shucks.I think one benefit of my old style was never betting so much and then folding the best hand on the river based on "info". I saw lots of showdowns; but did get outdrawn when aggression might have won the hand. Moreover, I think there is some value I was missing for sure. SLAP also picks off a ton of bluffs; whereas, SLAA's can get trapped a lot more. I probably, as I move up, have to adjust and admit more when I'm beat, if I'm going to try to make thin value bets/raises. Eventually I may revert back to SLAP as I fear folding too many winners. Small adjustment here and there.

I like it all, but Im kind of a bet monkey when I have the betting lead. Preflop should be completely standard for everyone here.What do you guys do with Ax here in sb and hands like KT, KJ and QJ?Also what does SLAP mean and SLAA?

if called, I'm done.So you'd say the raise with 77 for SB is standard?It's more aggressive than I used to be. But I thought it best vs limper and BB.I'm working on a slightly more aggressive style than I played in past LHE.
because of the poster, yes. if that poster was a limper, not usually. unless the BB is really tight and the limper really sucks.

Nut swing, but I agree with Zach. I really like the bet on the turn to rep the A.The PF raise? Aggressive I suppose, but it sets you up to make a play like you did. In this situation, I like it.

I would raise more often than I wouldn't. Once in a while, I like to see a flop before I go crazy. Even if I checked, I would lead the flop and the turn and hope he would check the river if it got that far. Then again, I'm SLAA. :club: