Boy did I get Lucky. Can I fold KK here? Hand #37039979-36675 at Alpine (No Limit Hold'em)Started at 06/Dec/06 13:57:36 campione is at seat 0 with $167.60. outdraw__me is at seat 1 with $227. studabakahawk is at seat 2 with $970.10. pokerskibum is at seat 3 with $424.90. ToeKnee87 is at seat 4 with $435.40. checkzilla is at seat 5 with $402.30. The button is at seat 1. studabakahawk posts the small blind of $2. pokerskibum posts the big blind of $4. campione: -- -- outdraw__me: Kd Ks studabakahawk: -- -- pokerskibum: -- -- ToeKnee87: -- -- checkzilla: -- --Pre-flop: ToeKnee87 folds. checkzilla calls. campione calls. outdraw__me raises to $16. studabakahawk re-raises to $60. pokerskibum folds. checkzilla calls. campione folds. outdraw__me goes all-in for $227. studabakahawk calls. checkzilla goes all-in for $402.30. studabakahawk calls. Flop (board: 8c 8h Qs): (no action in this round) Turn (board: 8c 8h Qs Kc): (no action in this round) River (board: 8c 8h Qs Kc 4c): (no action in this round) Showdown: checkzilla shows Ad Ac. checkzilla has Ad Ac 8c 8h Kc: two pair, aces and eights. outdraw__me shows Kd Ks. outdraw__me has Kd Ks 8c 8h Kc: full house, kings full of eights. studabakahawk shows Qh Qc. studabakahawk has Qh Qc 8c 8h Qs: full house, queens full of eights. Hand #37039979-36675 Summary: $3 is raked from a total pot of $1039.60. $3 is raked from the main pot of $689. $0 is raked from side pot #1 of $350.60. outdraw__me wins the main pot $686 with full house, kings full of eights. studabakahawk wins the side pot $350.60 with full house, queens full of eights.----------------------------------------------------------------

FYP'r
hmm. if we combine the two?beautiful babies.i'm practicing. you're so money christopher
You think I can get away from KK preflop with $200 in front of me and the way it was played out? Of course the guy with aces played it great, but can I realistically fold there?
You only have like 55 big blinds, so i can understand where you're coming from.edit: sorry the other dude called the re-raise to 60..so now something is def up. u raise, then a re-raise and a call.where do u stand?

Seriously...should I have suspected AA when he limp overcalled like that? I knew he had high PP the way it went, but I figure him to re-raise the $60 if he does. He's obviously a better player than me because he got my money in (albeit with KK) and another guy to call with QQ. I think the QQ guy could have folded because it was obvious at least one of us had him beat. Maybe I should post this in strat? I really am interested in getting good input on this.

hmm. if we combine the two?beautiful babies.i'm practicing. you're so money christopher
I got turned down for Goofy.This place is dead anyways.Always double down on 11 baby.and no, I don't think he can fold, even with the guy limping and coldcalling two raises there. Even if it screams aces, can you fold KK preflop? The QQ guy shoulda folded. I can make that fold.
hmm. if we combine the two?beautiful babies.i'm practicing. you're so money christopherYou only have like 55 big blinds, so i can understand where you're coming from.edit: sorry the other dude called the re-raise to 60..so now something is def up. u raise, then a re-raise and a call.where do u stand?
Is it impossible for him to have QQ with the flat calls? AK is simply out, JJ too I would imagine. So is it not possible for one or both to have KK or QQ in which case I have a good chance to at least double?
no, you can't, so quit asking stupid fu<a href="http://www.YSAPKY.com" target="_blank"></a>cking questions
Gee thanks. Do you follow me or something?
Is it impossible for him to have QQ with the flat calls? AK is simply out, JJ too I would imagine. So is it not possible for one or both to have KK or QQ in which case I have a good chance to at least double?Gee thanks. Do you follow me or something?
well you invested 16 dollars at 2/4. i mean, 200 shouldnt really mean much if you have a proper BR. but if you cant get away from KK here after this situation, then i'd suggest stop trying to think, and be glad you get lucky every so often
well you invested 16 dollars at 2/4. i mean, 200 shouldnt really mean much if you have a proper BR. but if you cant get away from KK here after this situation, then i'd suggest stop trying to think, and be glad you get lucky every so often
I guess I still have a long way to come. Farha couldn't fold KK either. Harrington says not to as well. Lol. NOW flame on. (not even considering myself in the same universe as their skill level so avoid that one.)
i thought i would see if this post was as retarded as the last one, needless to say i wasn't dissapointed. why are you always short stacked in all the HH's you post?
I'm the guy who always buys in for half-max. :club:
I guess I still have a long way to come. Farha couldn't fold KK either. Harrington says not to as well. Lol. NOW flame on. (not even considering myself in the same universe as their skill level so avoid that one.)I'm the guy who always buys in for half-max. :club:
buying in half-max is -ev. there are certain advantages to playing short stacked in a cash games but to "always" do it is incorrect. i suggest reading some of what BG wrote about playing short stacked if you plan on continuing this trend. as to what royal is spouting off about being able to fold here, he's wrong. its 2/4, not 10/20, and i don't even think you fold at 10/20. i'm sure we could get bmh/prtypsux/erac22 to comment on this.
You think I can get away from KK preflop with $200 in front of me and the way it was played out? Of course the guy with aces played it great, but can I realistically fold there?
The guy with aces played it exactly how he should have, nothing special, so don't feel a need to give him credit for the way he played his hand.As for your hand, I would have been worried about the re-raise, not so much the caller, as you know he'd have gone all-in there if he had aces. But it is almost impossible to throw away Kings preflop, so you didn't do anything wrong, even though you're getting crap for the way you played the hand from others on here.
I guess I still have a long way to come. Farha couldn't fold KK either. Harrington says not to as well. Lol. NOW flame on. (not even considering myself in the same universe as their skill level so avoid that one.)I'm the guy who always buys in for half-max. :club:
you're right, consider it a cooler and move on.there is only 1 way to play KK and thats preflop and all in.Good Luck

OP...post in strat. It's a different world there.Especially with Mushu trying to hijack the entire General Forum with garbage you're going to get more garbage answers.

The guy with aces played it exactly how he should have, nothing special, so don't feel a need to give him credit for the way he played his hand.As for your hand, I would have been worried about the re-raise, not so much the caller, as you know he'd have gone all-in there if he had aces. But it is almost impossible to throw away Kings preflop, so you didn't do anything wrong, even though you're getting crap for the way you played the hand from others on here.
Re-read the hand history. Carefully this time.The guy with aces limps, then calls two raises. He hasn't raised at all by the time OP pushes.checkzilla limps, OP raises to 16, stud re-raises to 60, zilla calls, OP pushes for 227 total.I'm not sure who Royal thinks played this hand correctly. Zilla is doing everything humanly possible to get his aces cracked and stud seems to think QQ is the nuts. I'm guessing the OP is the only one who can be said to have played this correctly.I can't really find a fold in here for OP. With KK and only one guy in the hand has shown strength. Zilla could easily have 88 or AKs here. Now once OP pushes, stud calls and zilla pushes over the top we can be pretty sure we're drawing to 2 outs. That stud calls here is absolutely unforgivable.
Re-read the hand history. Carefully this time.The guy with aces limps, then calls two raises. He hasn't raised at all by the time OP pushes.checkzilla limps, OP raises to 16, stud re-raises to 60, zilla calls, OP pushes for 227 total.I'm not sure who Royal thinks played this hand correctly. Zilla is doing everything
as much as i hate limping with aces, I have done it before.and I missed checkzilla's limp preflop. besides that, I like his 60.00 smooth call.
as much as i hate limping with aces, I have done it before.and I missed checkzilla's limp preflop. besides that, I like his 60.00 smooth call.
Limp raising with AA maybe. Limp calling? When there are 4 people in the hand at this point? Two of whom have shown strength? In this case he gets two guys all-in drawing to 2 outs each. In another hand he ends up with 4 guys in the pot for $60 each without much of an idea about what 2 of them have. Seems overly risky to me.
buying in half-max is -ev. there are certain advantages to playing short stacked in a cash games but to "always" do it is incorrect. i suggest reading some of what BG wrote about playing short stacked if you plan on continuing this trend. as to what royal is spouting off about being able to fold here, he's wrong. its 2/4, not 10/20, and i don't even think you fold at 10/20. i'm sure we could get bmh/prtypsux/erac22 to comment on this.
lol.folding kk here would be pretty stupid.everyone knows that.- Jordan
Farha couldn't fold his hand because he was up against one single opponent that loves to scoop big pots preflop with overbets (per Daniel). Harrington's advice is for tournaments, not cash games. There are times to fold KK preflop, although I haven't seen many and have done it once in a couple years. I don't think this is one of them however, absent a gread read.