have you ever noticed? everytime daniel gets knocked out of a tourney, he either "wasn't up for it", "wasn't in the mood", "wasn't enough money", "glad to have some time off". just think it's funny!

well there is 2 ways to look at it1) well i lost, time to do something else2) wallow in self pityits like when you fail at something in life, you going to sit there crying about it OR are you going to get up, dust yourself off and go do something else?if you choose option #2 you wont be one of the greats... its just that simplebesides, negreanu plays in a game where the buy-in (10k) is slightly more then the big blind... thats ONE BET he lost there. its all relative

I just think it's refreshing when anyone is honestly introspective about getting knocked out, instead of complaining about the other guy.He sucked out on me.He made a terrible call, and got lucky.The dealer gave me terrible cards.blah blah blah

have you ever noticed? everytime daniel gets knocked out of a tourney, he either "wasn't up for it", "wasn't in the mood", "wasn't enough money", "glad to have some time off". just think it's funny!
Really giving him stick on his own website where obviously no one is going to agreewhat were you thinking when you posted that??i would really like to know

I do believe that sometimes Daniel would rather be at home and relaxing than playing some of these poker tournaments (including the World Poker Open which he made the final table). There are times where he seems to be really up for it. I think Daniel, like a lot of other poker players prefer to either be knocked out on Day 1 than survive to Day 2 with a short stack because their time can be better spent either relaxing or playing in cash games.

Seriously, he has a crap load of business stuff going on right now, and he's a hot commodity to the poker fans and poker media. If I were him I'd lock myself in my damn apartment for a few days and not answer the phone.

Guest XXEddie
well there is 2 ways to look at it1) well i lost, time to do something else2) wallow in self pityits like when you fail at something in life, you going to sit there crying about it OR are you going to get up, dust yourself off and go do something else?if you choose option #2 you wont be one of the greats... its just that simplebesides, negreanu plays in a game where the buy-in (10k) is slightly more then the big blind... thats ONE BET he lost there. its all relative
unless your phil hellmuth of course

Daniel plays $100,000 pots on a regular basis. The blinds are almost as high as the buyin for this event. I don't think that loosing the $10,000 buyin is that much of a problem for him. Sure it's disapointing, but to most of these guys it's probably not much different than you droping $5.00 on the blackjack table. These guys are there to win the event, and if they can't win then they probably would rather go out early than play there butt off (censor police) for four days only to go out on the bubble. On a side note if I can finish in the money tomarrow I will make the top 100 for the month on Poker Stars qualifying me for the WSOP freeroll, where 300 compete for 4 seats. I unlike Daniel think the 10K is a BIG DEAL. See you all in Vegas!

i think he is the best player in the world and he seems to be a nice guy. but some of you guys have your head up his as-. it's okay to say something negative about him.
only when its warrated and rooted in fact. The Hellmuth profile had people questioning his opinion
i think he is the best player in the world and he seems to be a nice guy. but some of you guys have your head up his as-. it's okay to say something negative about him.
It's great how every time someone disagrees with an original poster (not really particularly directed at kelsey) on this forum, and that disagreement happens to either agree with Daniel's opinion or side with Daniel in any way, everyone else apparently has their head up Daniel's butt. Interestingly, we don't. We just disagree with you.

I think I'm pretty honest about my feelings when I get knocked out of a tournament. It always sucks to bust out, but sometimes it is because my heart wasn't into it, and other times the cards wouldn't co-operate. I do think for sure though that when my heart IS into it I do much, much better. I need to re-focus for the WPT Championship for sure. It's a few weeks away and the good news is it looks like I'll have lots of time at home to rest up for the event.

I think I'm pretty honest about my feelings when I get knocked out of a tournament. It always sucks to bust out, but sometimes it is because my heart wasn't into it, and other times the cards wouldn't co-operate. I do think for sure though that when my heart IS into it I do much, much better. I need to re-focus for the WPT Championship for sure. It's a few weeks away and the good news is it looks like I'll have lots of time at home to rest up for the event.
how big do you think the field is going to be for it this year?
Hey DN, good luck with the WPT championship. As a sidenote, I think you should be wearing a Team Canada hockey jersery. Reprazent! Or if not, because you are pissed at Bettman and Daly, wearing a Canada National Curling uniform. They're not as hot as the jerseys, but it'll give you an excuse to scream HURRY HARRRRRDDD!!! when you drag a monster pot.