Heading to Reno for the first time this weekend, been to Vegas 3 times but never Reno. Staying at the very cheap Sands Regency. What are the best places to go, eat, drink, poker, strippers?Whats it like compared to Vegas and what should I expect.Lots of questions I know.- J

Heading to Reno for the first time this weekend, been to Vegas 3 times but never Reno. Staying at the very cheap Sands Regency. What are the best places to go, eat, drink, poker, strippers?Whats it like compared to Vegas and what should I expect.Lots of questions I know.- J
Reno is a **** hole and it depresses me even being there. Not sure about the poker because I've only been there during a WPT event so there was more going on. I believe the Reno Hilton (although I think it was bought and re-named recently) would be your best bet.Fantasy Girls is your best bet as far as strip clubs, but the 'A' talent is in Vegas, not Reno. :-)
Reno is a **** hole and it depresses me even being there. Not sure about the poker because I've only been there during a WPT event so there was more going on. I believe the Reno Hilton (although I think it was bought and re-named recently) would be your best bet.Fantasy Girls is your best bet as far as strip clubs, but the 'A' talent is in Vegas, not Reno. :-)
I was thinking the same thing, I went there for my 21st with my dad and it sucked. The Silver Legacy Limit games (4-8) are pretty good as far as $hitty people, and the strip clubs suck too compared to the Spearmint Rhino (which cant be beatin), so your better off finding a hooker which shouldnt be to hard

PMJ is correct -- Reno is a shithole. Rent a car and drive up to South Lake Tahoe, its worth it -- also cheap accomodations this time of year. Be sure to check out the brothels in nearby Carson City, good times