Golfing With Daniel Negreanu

I'm a paraplegic that has to use a wheelchair to get around. That fact has NOT kept me from the sports I love. Poker and golf. My poker game has improved some, but not much compaired to my golf game. This is why I am here trying to find a way to get in a round of golf with Daniel Negreanu. I saw the interview with the kid that was burned but still has that athletic drive to compete, well, I am the same way, except that I'm old enough to play in the MASTERS Tour having turned 50 in 2006. My dream 2 days before ( i was 34) my accident that left me a paraplegic, was to continue to improve my golf game so that 16 years later (now) I'd be up to speed with the rest of the senior tour. So, now it's 16 years later, but I've not walked in all those years, I found a golf cart that allows me to play the whole course including the greens so I can putt. I found that 1 of these carts was purchased by the L.A.Parks & Rec and was placed at the WOODLEY LAKES GOLF COURSE, only 10 minutes from my house. Needless to say after about a year of playing once or twice a week, I got my stroke back, and its even straighter than it ever was when I was a walking/stand up golfer. I'm not quite as far in distance, but I made a huge breakthrough this week with a new driver that has allowed me to reach past 200 yards, nearly 30-40 yards further then ever before. I just broke 100 shooting 99 for the first time as a sitdown golfer. On Oct. 9th I missed a hole in one by 1/2 inch, having hit the right edge of the cup on a fly from aproximately 130 yards. I have started to hole in chip shots as well as getting up and down from 100 plus feet. I truly feel like I can get back to playing below bogey golf very soon, so. Daniel Nereanu where are you and when are we playing golf? I plan on trying the sattelite route at the 2007 WSOP and was hoping to get a chance to play in your 2007 golf outing during the WSOP. I promise you you will have so many great video shots to replay on ESPN and online, that it will inspire others. That's what happens currently when people get paired up with me on the course. Hope to hear from anyone who can make sure that Daniel reads this.bogiegolf50/Sam

I'm a paraplegic that has to use a wheelchair to get around. That fact has NOT kept me from the sports I love. Poker and golf. My poker game has improved some, but not much compaired to my golf game. This is why I am here trying to find a way to get in a round of golf with Daniel Negreanu. I saw the interview with the kid that was burned but still has that athletic drive to compete, well, I am the same way, except that I'm old enough to play in the MASTERS Tour having turned 50 in 2006. My dream 2 days before ( i was 34) my accident that left me a paraplegic, was to continue to improve my golf game so that 16 years later (now) I'd be up to speed with the rest of the senior tour. So, now it's 16 years later, but I've not walked in all those years, I found a golf cart that allows me to play the whole course including the greens so I can putt. I found that 1 of these carts was purchased by the L.A.Parks & Rec and was placed at the WOODLEY LAKES GOLF COURSE, only 10 minutes from my house. Needless to say after about a year of playing once or twice a week, I got my stroke back, and its even straighter than it ever was when I was a walking/stand up golfer. I'm not quite as far in distance, but I made a huge breakthrough this week with a new driver that has allowed me to reach past 200 yards, nearly 30-40 yards further then ever before. I just broke 100 shooting 99 for the first time as a sitdown golfer. On Oct. 9th I missed a hole in one by 1/2 inch, having hit the right edge of the cup on a fly from aproximately 130 yards. I have started to hole in chip shots as well as getting up and down from 100 plus feet. I truly feel like I can get back to playing below bogey golf very soon, so. Daniel Nereanu where are you and when are we playing golf? I plan on trying the sattelite route at the 2007 WSOP and was hoping to get a chance to play in your 2007 golf outing during the WSOP. I promise you you will have so many great video shots to replay on ESPN and online, that it will inspire others. That's what happens currently when people get paired up with me on the course. Hope to hear from anyone who can make sure that Daniel reads this.bogiegolf50/Sam
Why don't u just send him a personal message??
If I knew where to write him I would. You have any suggestions?bogeygolf50

Me & Nutzbuster are trying to organize a FCP Poker/Golf tournament in the near future (hopefully w/ Daniel playing) and your more than welcome to play also. As everyone knows Daniels schedule is insane but hopefully we can pull it off. Hopefully this will take place next year sometime.

Me & Nutzbuster are trying to organize a FCP Poker/Golf tournament in the near future (hopefully w/ Daniel playing) and your more than welcome to play also. As everyone knows Daniels schedule is insane but hopefully we can pull it off. Hopefully this will take place next year sometime.
Yup. Everything Ozi said, cept ISASUGO (I suk at setting up golf outings). While I was hoping this was not going to be the case, it does look like we will need some help getting this off the gorund this time around. We want it to be open to all as well, including Mr. Negreanu obv., but do not want to burden anyone either. Just get some FCP golfer types out and smack the pill a bit. Thats it. You wanna play, you gotta pay, no real prizes to speak of either...just good times. If it grows from there, well then heck...better yet. If anyone can help feel free to let us know.I am confident that one way or another it will happen. Stay tuned! :club:
Nutz,Make this happen, I have cigars ready for us.
Hope so Balloon. It'll happen at some point. Our fantasy times to do it are...March madness time, or ...WSOP time, or...Superbowl weekend.Superbowl would be incredible, but it may be already too late to get an organized event together with the holidaze bearing down on everyone. Plus...the desert can get damn cold in the morning this time of year, frost delays and all that crap. Might not be a good choice, but ya never know. (not to mention that my game is total garbage at the moment, lol)I'm thinking March madness or WSOP time are actually better, nicer weather and more time to plan being key. But I have no doubt all of this will be shrouded in a cloud of mystery and change several times before it finally happens! My suggestion to you, and all interested parties, would be to get ready now! Put some sheckles aside for this so when it finally happens you will be ready to go on relatively short notice. ($200 flight, $150 golf, $300 room for weekend, food, fun, etc... figure, what? ... maybe approx. $1000?)Anyway, now would be a good time to what????...ask Santa for a????...what???.........a new DRIVER???? :club:
frost delays and all that crap
lol, thats the only way I get to golf in the winter, bring it on ya pansies. i shoot like **** but if ya cant hang to the weather i could possible kick your collective asses. :club:
lol, thats the only way I get to golf in the winter, bring it on ya pansies. i shoot like **** but if ya cant hang to the weather i could possible kick your collective asses. :D
GAME ON then biatchhhEEE!! lol.gonna be a hoot when it finally goes down. :club:
Plus...the desert can get damn cold in the morning this time of year, frost delays and all that crap. Might not be a good choice, but ya never know. (not to mention that my game is total garbage at the moment, lol)
Fuck yea it can get cold. Jesus its freezing every morning out at we-ko-pa and we cant get the first group off till like 10 each morn. O yea this is for NutzI was the second ever group to play out at the Saguro course. Its better than the Cholla. envy me