Return Of Pmjackson

GL Dood.

glllll pmj railing and hating on your dodgers
Don't hate because our future looks 100x better then the Giants. :-)Too bad I couldn't win, but I got lucky 3 handed so I should have been out. That beat Josh took was sick (king on river).I actually played a lot of interesting hands in this one, so maybe I'll post some in strat sometime this week to appease Zach. :-)Good night all, thanks for the support!
Don't hate because our future looks 100x better then the Giants. :-)Too bad I couldn't win, but I got lucky 3 handed so I should have been out. That beat Josh took was sick (king on river).I actually played a lot of interesting hands in this one, so maybe I'll post some in strat sometime this week to appease Zach. :-)Good night all, thanks for the support!
We'll give you Manny for Kemp and Broxton. You take the salary. Final offer.
We'll give you Manny for Kemp and Broxton. You take the salary. Final offer.
LOL NO!!!You guys wanted 4 prospects, including Kemp, Loney, and Broxton. I'd love to have Manny's bat, but that would be ridiculous, especially since he would have wanted us to pick up his options.
For those in the morning, he finished 2nd for a $5,827.50.gg pmj. even though the giants will always be better than the dodgers.
I'm calling scoreboard on this statement sir..Since 1958 when both teams moved out to the West Coast:Dodgers - 5 WS titlesGiants - Hmmm...Let me double check to make sure...Oh that's right, 0.:-)
For those in the morning, he finished 2nd for a $5,827.50.gg pmj. even though the giants will always be better than the dodgers.
LMAO...NO!PM already addressed this, by pointing out number of titles, but if you want to talk about the current teams, we could also mention that the current Giants have an average age of oh, about 57 and have about a 0% chance of winning the NL West or advancing in the playoffs in the next 5-10 years. They've been mortgaging the future ever since they've had that cheater Bonds and it's gotten them exactly nowhere. The Dodgers on the other hand probably have the brightest future in MLB. It's a franchise that's been riddled with problems ever since Fox bought it 10 years ago, but we're on the upswing now. FWIW, I'd do 2 prospects for Manny, but Kemp, Broxton and Loney is just flat-out absurd. If the Red Sox really think they can get a package like that they're on crack.BTW, I know my name and stuff says I'm from Cincy, I'm a SoCal transplant who grew up watching the Dodgers. Dodgers forever, Giants never!!
Ty BK and Mike, but I just wanted to add something regarding Giants/Dodgers:Jason Schmidt = newest Dodger (3 yr/47m). Ship the NL West to the Dodgers please.
Sees this and heads directly to ESPN.com. Gets confirmation. Hell Yeah!! It's a great day to be a Dodger fan.
LMAO...NO!PM already addressed this, by pointing out number of titles, but if you want to talk about the current teams, we could also mention that the current Giants have an average age of oh, about 57 and have about a 0% chance of winning the NL West or advancing in the playoffs in the next 5-10 years. They've been mortgaging the future ever since they've had that cheater Bonds and it's gotten them exactly nowhere. The Dodgers on the other hand probably have the brightest future in MLB. It's a franchise that's been riddled with problems ever since Fox bought it 10 years ago, but we're on the upswing now. FWIW, I'd do 2 prospects for Manny, but Kemp, Broxton and Loney is just flat-out absurd. If the Red Sox really think they can get a package like that they're on crack.BTW, I know my name and stuff says I'm from Cincy, I'm a SoCal transplant who grew up watching the Dodgers. Dodgers forever, Giants never!!
Ooo good post. You are obviously a very intelligent person Cincy. :-)If you didn't see, the Dodgers were named the organization of the year by Baseball America. That's based on a franchise's performance during the season with the team, coach, general manager and organization taken as a whole. That combined with the top rated minor league system last year, and a big market payroll = bright future.Now that we signed Schmidt, we have a surplus of starting pitching to trade for a bat.
Ooo good post. You are obviously a very intelligent person Cincy. :-)If you didn't see, the Dodgers were named the organization of the year by Baseball America. That's based on a franchise's performance during the season with the team, coach, general manager and organization taken as a whole. That combined with the top rated minor league system last year, and a big market payroll = bright future.Now that we signed Schmidt, we have a surplus of starting pitching to trade for a bat.
I saw the BA thing. Very exciting news, especially for an organization that's finally getting it's act together the past couple of years, after years of ****ing up. I say we offer the Sox a take it or leave it offer of Loney, Broxton and Penny. Manny makes us the favorite to win the NL this year IMO (if we can get him) but we can't mortgage the future too much. Even that offer is probably giving up too much, but we really do need a power bat to protect all the speed guys in out lineup and I'm not sure Kemp is that guy quite yet.
I saw the BA thing. Very exciting news, especially for an organization that's finally getting it's act together the past couple of years, after years of ****ing up. I say we offer the Sox a take it or leave it offer of Loney, Broxton and Penny. Manny makes us the favorite to win the NL this year IMO (if we can get him) but we can't mortgage the future too much. Even that offer is probably giving up too much, but we really do need a power bat to protect all the speed guys in out lineup and I'm not sure Kemp is that guy quite yet.
Yeah, good to see them go back to what made them a great franchise for so many years after Fox f'd it all up.I would love to include Penny in a trade for a bat. I don't trust him at all in big games, and he tries to throw the ball past everyone instead of pitching smart (see all star game start for his career in a nut shell). I would rather include someone like Betemit or LaRoche then Loney, mainly because they both are solid 3b prospects so he have a surplus there. I'd also rather have Vernon Wells then Manny when you take everything (what we'd have to give up, contracts, etc).I agree; Kemp isn't quite ready.

Im a die-hard White Sox fan, but let me say that recently I threw down a rather large bet on the Dodgers to win the 2007 WS at 14-1.Your team better not let me down Patrick.

Yeah, good to see them go back to what made them a great franchise for so many years after Fox f'd it all up.I would love to include Penny in a trade for a bat. I don't trust him at all in big games, and he tries to throw the ball past everyone instead of pitching smart (see all star game start for his career in a nut shell). I would rather include someone like Betemit or LaRoche then Loney, mainly because they both are solid 3b prospects so he have a surplus there. I'd also rather have Vernon Wells then Manny when you take everything (what we'd have to give up, contracts, etc).I agree; Kemp isn't quite ready.
All of that makes sense. Only problem is that we don't really have a place for Loney this year, which is why I don't mind including him in a trade. I'd MUCH rather have Vernon Wells, but I don't really think he's available at the moment. Of course, neither is Manny really if you consider the Sox asking price.
I'd MUCH rather have Vernon Wells, but I don't really think he's available at the moment.
Stay away from him, he is going to the White Sox. :club: (Even though we need pitching I think Wells is the best young outfielder in the game)
Im a die-hard White Sox fan, but let me say that recently I threw down a rather large bet on the Dodgers to win the 2007 WS at 14-1.Your team better not let me down Patrick.
Orly? 14-1 is appealing, especially since that number will go down as the off season progresses.See Tmay is final 15 at Bellagio 5k? Weeeeeeeee.
That's a rumor I heard. :-) I emailed Stars to send me all the HHs, so I'll work on getting some interesting ones posted.
I guess I'd better swing by the tourney section then, lol. Looking forward to them.
Stay away from him, he is going to the White Sox. :club: (Even though we need pitching I think Wells is the best young outfielder in the game)
No damnit!Blue Jays pwn.Wells and Frank Thomas! lolsemi sw on Thomas, maybe.Either way, go Jays.
All of that makes sense. Only problem is that we don't really have a place for Loney this year, which is why I don't mind including him in a trade. I'd MUCH rather have Vernon Wells, but I don't really think he's available at the moment. Of course, neither is Manny really if you consider the Sox asking price.
Yeah, Loney doesn't have a place to play this year on a daily basis, but he will get plenty of ABs. They plan on using Nomar like they did Nancy Drew last year; giving him lots of days off etc. They felt that by giving him a non-incentive based contract, he won't have to push himself to play just to make his bonuses, which makes sense. Loney will also be playing in the outfield a bit I think.Personally I was fine with letting Nomar go this off season, and going with Loney at 1B. He really impressed me at the end of last year, but having Nomar back isn't a horrible thing if he stays healthy. Also, if they ended up trading Betemit, they can always move Nomar to 3rd (which he said he would do) and have Loney at 1B.