Nasa Finds Water On Mars?

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2006/dec/H...s_Briefing.htmlNASA Schedules Briefing to Announce Significant Find on MarsWASHINGTON - NASA hosts a news briefing at 1 p.m. EST, Wednesday, Dec. 6, to present new science results from the Mars Global Surveyor....
I just read an interesting article in Car&Driver about the rovers crawling around on the surface up there.Pretty cool stuffThey can make those things drill for soil samples, drive around rocks, send back pics and temps from a brazillian miles away......I set off the damn car alarm everytime I use the keyless entry from 50 feet away
Sadly we don't have JITB's here in Iowa. We are also void of "In N Out's" and anything else good.
I just read an interesting article in Car&Driver about the rovers crawling around on the surface up there.Pretty cool stuffThey can make those things drill for soil samples, drive around rocks, send back pics and temps from a brazillian miles away......I set off the damn car alarm everytime I use the keyless entry from 50 feet away
I agree... it's fairly unbelievable.
Sadly we don't have JITB's here in Iowa. We are also void of "In N Out's" and anything else good.
ahh. well the joke is that JITB has a commercial with a press conference about a car running on water interrupted with the burger news. basically I have no original material

To get briefly back to the original subject:This NASA link says:

NASA Images Suggest Water Still Flows in Brief Spurts on MarsNASA photographs have revealed bright new deposits seen in two gullies on Mars that suggest water carried sediment through them sometime during the past seven years."These observations give the strongest evidence to date that water still flows occasionally on the surface of Mars," said Michael Meyer, lead scientist for NASA's Mars Exploration Program, Washington.Liquid water, as opposed to the water ice and water vapor known to exist at Mars, is considered necessary for life. The new findings heighten intrigue about the potential for microbial life on Mars. The Mars Orbiter Camera on NASA's Mars Global Surveyor provided the new evidence of the deposits in images taken in 2004 and 2005."The shapes of these deposits are what you would expect to see if the material were carried by flowing water," said Michael Malin of Malin Space Science Systems, San Diego. "They have finger-like branches at the downhill end and easily diverted around small obstacles." Malin is principal investigator for the camera and lead author of a report about the findings published in the journal Science.
OK, back to the "golf in space" jokes. Maybe you can talk about the "brief spurts" of liquid mentioned in the press release, too.
Maybe you can talk about the "brief spurts" of liquid mentioned in the press release, too.
I'm more interested in the "finger-like branches at the downhill end."
It's not the stroke penalty that's a biiiitch, it's the hike back to the tee box to re-hit that gets you every time.
:icon_clap:edit: I see Beans reading this thread.. I'm expecting great things.