A First Happened To Me

I had been invited to a private live $300 125 person tournament. Everything is progressing as I had planned, suddenly I get Q/Q three times in a row, then A/A three times in a row. I have seen other players experience this, I have never even come close... best part I win all six hands successively, each were sizable pots that propelled me into 2 place in chip count.I have to admit; this was really something :club: to experience.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread from a guy who insists the cards don't come out the same online as they do live. Finally he plays enough hands live to happen across this "rare" occurrenceit's best not to take this guy seriously.no one in strategy does.

I had been invited to a private live $300 125 person tournament. Everything is progressing as I had planned, suddenly I get Q/Q three times in a row, then A/A three times in a row. I have seen other players experience this, I have never even come close... best part I win all six hands successively, each were sizable pots that propelled me into 2 place in chip count.I have to admit; this was really something :club: to experience.
They don't like very much huh?

About 45 minutes later I am moved to the chip leader's table, after counting each players chips I begin my surveillance by tossing out some playable some not hands. The chip-leader is intoxicated, and bullying I do notice the Chip-leader will fold on any pre-flop raise. I'm in the BB with A/10 h blinds 1k/2k, 10 players remaining... I don't raise "I know - I know". Flop: Ac - Qs - 8cSB, check, Me "BB" check, CL bet 2k, Button "call", SB fold, Me call.Turn 6sBB check, CL bet 4k, button fold, Me "all-in" and I say to the Chip-leader "I know all you have is a 8 / 9 or 8 /10 your probably suited hopefully not. CL stares at me then says "I have 8/10 s I call". I turn over A/10h and say hopefully my trap works. CL says how did you trap me I have a pair of 8's... I just smile.River: 3sI'm out in 10th place I get a little scratch not much maybe en ought to fill up my car. The chip-leader says "maybe I trapped you", I smile and say nothing, the other players at the table start laughing out loud, the SB says "you're the weakest player on the table, you just got out played and got lucky". I say good luck to everyone, wave and leave with a smile... on to the next game.

this thread from a guy who insists the cards don't come out the same online as they do live. Finally he plays enough hands live to happen across this "rare" occurrenceit's best not to take this guy seriously.no one in strategy does.
Actuary being a JERK again as usual thinking his 14,000 no life posts gives him some sort credibility in a make believe forum world... getting these pocket pairs one time in a person life does not constitute anywhere the same as online. "Online its a everyday occurrence all you have to do is read the threads".
getting these pocket pairs one time in a person life does not constitute anywhere the same as online. "Online its a everyday occurrence all you have to do is read the threads".
thanks for validating my above post.I have a particluar disgust for clowns that are both condescending (as you were before being laughed out of Strategy) and constantly putting down the very medium most of us here rely on, Online Poker.
About 45 minutes later I am moved to the chip leader's table, after counting each players chips I begin my surveillance by tossing out some playable some not hands. The chip-leader is intoxicated, and bullying I do notice the Chip-leader will fold on any pre-flop raise. I'm in the BB with A/10 h blinds 1k/2k, 10 players remaining... I don't raise "I know - I know". Flop: Ac - Qs - 8cSB, check, Me "BB" check, CL bet 2k, Button "call", SB fold, Me call.Turn 6sBB check, CL bet 4k, button fold, Me "all-in" and I say to the Chip-leader "I know all you have is a 8 / 9 or 8 /10 your probably suited hopefully not. CL stares at me then says "I have 8/10 s I call". I turn over A/10h and say hopefully my trap works. CL says how did you trap me I have a pair of 8's... I just smile.River: 3sI'm out in 10th place I get a little scratch not much maybe en ought to fill up my car. The chip-leader says "maybe I trapped you", I smile and say nothing, the other players at the table start laughing out loud, the SB says "you're the weakest player on the table, you just got out played and got lucky". I say good luck to everyone, wave and leave with a smile... on to the next game.Actuary being a JERK again as usual thinking his 14,000 no life posts gives him some sort credibility in a make believe forum world... getting these pocket pairs one time in a person life does not constitute anywhere the same as online. "Online its a everyday occurrence all you have to do is read the threads".
After reading your OP, then your next post, I still don't understand why you would make a thread in the first place, let alone post a hand in which you played horribly, and went broke.What am I missing? (Other than a period.)
thanks for validating my above post.I have a particluar disgust for clowns that are both condescending (as you were before being laughed out of Strategy) and constantly putting down the very medium most of us here rely on, Online Poker.
Actuary you are some kind of nut case that lives in fantasy world were you believe you are better than everyone; You continually talk down to people because you think in your small world your the emperor, you more than likely have little man syndrome, you are continually challenged by people due your condescending attitude "for proof read every thread you have posted in". If coming out of nowhere to blast me keeps you from beating on your family or the gun out of your mouth... keep on blasting -- people can judge for themselves what type of person you really are.
Actuary you are some kind of nut case that lives in fantasy world were you believe you are better than everyone; You continually talk down to people because you think in your small world your the emperor, you more than likely have little man syndrome, you are continually challenged by people due your condescending attitude "for proof read every thread you have posted in". If coming out of nowhere to blast me keeps you from beating on your family or the gun out of your mouth... keep on blasting -- people can judge for themselves what type of person you really are.
If you want to be taken even semi-seriously, you might consider working on proper use of English. I'm continually entertained by Actuary's threads, especially the ones when he makes fun of obvious fools like yourself. Go ahead and post a flame for me being a fanboy, but the fact remains.Your Retarded.
After reading your OP, then your next post, I still don't understand why you would make a thread in the first place, let alone post a hand in which you played horribly, and went broke.What am I missing? (Other than a period.)
You absolutely right... I had hoped the replies would have been "you may want to play the player this way or I would have bet it this way or what did you or can we lean from this". No one plays every have perfect, it was a hand that I keep re-playing "what should I have done different". Getting the six hands in a row is first for me I still think is was cool, it was a first time experience for me.
You absolutely right... I had hoped the replies would have been "you may want to play the player this way or I would have bet it this way or what did you or can we lean from this". No one plays every have perfect, it was a hand that I keep re-playing "what should I have done different". Getting the six hands in a row is first for me I still think is was cool, it was a first time experience for me.
You played a live home style game, WTF.. I've gone on "unproperly shuffled" deck runs also.its called lame.
What you should have done:Fold preflop, drink bleach. Good luck.
What am I missing? (Other than a period.)
well, I hope the father will pay for everything. Whatever happens, just know you aren't alone. There are plenty of support groups.Here's to you finally getting your period. Unwed male teenage fathers are just a shame.
If you want to be taken even semi-seriously, you might consider working on proper use of English. I'm continually entertained by Actuary's threads, especially the ones when he makes fun of obvious fools like yourself. Go ahead and post a flame for me being a fanboy, but the fact remains.Your Retarded.
Whose Retarded? :club: Having run into Actuary once or twice, I have to agree with the OP that sometimes Actuary comes off a bit condescending, but he generally makes decent posts, and overall, he's quite patient. He has been here for awhile, and he seems to have a fairly good understanding of the game. Probably better than mine. I have to respect that.But ya know... Sometimes people would just like to be able to post something "over a beer", so to speak. Sometimes people have valid questions/considerations, and we don't need to flame them. Sometimes it's because they have not mastered the game yet (who has???). And often, they appear to understand it better than many of the people flaming them. I believe that everyone is welcome in these forums, and that they are designed to teach, not to pump ourselves up. Only humble people can learn.
You played a live home style game, WTF.. I've gone on "unproperly shuffled" deck runs also.its called lame.
We had a guy at a home game who claimed that the deck was not shuffled, because he got the exact same hand (including suits) twice in a row. He wanted a redeal. Then we explained that, "Last hand we used the blue deck. This time, it's the red deck. ...and you might want to fold again."
We had a guy at a home game who claimed that the deck was not shuffled, because he got the exact same hand (including suits) twice in a row. He wanted a redeal. Then we explained that, "Last hand we used the blue deck. This time, it's the red deck. ...and you might want to fold again."
Outstanding!Only logical conclusion is: "Live Poker is Rigged!!!'

Maybe the OP is a tool, BUT UncleHoot is on to something. I would guess that this thing(FCP) some of you guys love would like to get bigger and BETTER. Its hard when there are constant flame posts, or when someone who has a few thousand posts gets pissed because someone makes a post about something that was on the forum 1 or 2 weeks ago. (I think I just won the longest runon sentence now). SOME flames are warranted, and SOME attacks are warranted when someone post something exactly the same as another thread. Hell I attacked myself the other day for not searching before I posted something.The thing is, this is a great forum, but its like a schoolyard around here sometimes. People always seem to gang up on the new guys. Or the guys that might make some off posts. Just ignore them and keep on with the conversation. Every thread around here turns into the same boring conversation. This one attacks. This one attacks back. Its boring. They should start a section for you guys to get it off your chest.

Maybe the OP is a tool, BUT UncleHoot is on to something. I would guess that this thing(FCP) some of you guys love would like to get bigger and BETTER. Its hard when there are constant flame posts, or when someone who has a few thousand posts gets pissed because someone makes a post about something that was on the forum 1 or 2 weeks ago. (I think I just won the longest runon sentence now). SOME flames are warranted, and SOME attacks are warranted when someone post something exactly the same as another thread. Hell I attacked myself the other day for not searching before I posted something.The thing is, this is a great forum, but its like a schoolyard around here sometimes. People always seem to gang up on the new guys. Or the guys that might make some off posts. Just ignore them and keep on with the conversation. Every thread around here turns into the same boring conversation. This one attacks. This one attacks back. Its boring. They should start a section for you guys to get it off your chest.
They have,It's called the GENERAL POKER FOR............ :club:
.... you are continually challenged by people due your condescending attitude "for proof read every thread you have posted in".....
i like how you put random sentences or parts of sentences in quotes when you are still the only one talking and are, in fact, not quoting anyone. this is just one example i found humorous. i am too lazy to "find anymore to post."
I don't understand what all the flaming is about. The guy just wanted to post an amazing experience he had, and he gets ripped. Alot of immaturity and insecurity going around in this thread.
It doesn't help that the OP has been less than positive on many occasions before. If he was a positive contributor to the forum then I'm sure everyone would be overjoyed to read about his amazing heater. As it stands though, he has unleashed the flamethrower many times and really has not made a lot of friends here. Yea, this place is like a schoolyard sometimes, but so is the rest of the world really. You pay your dues, put in some time and people cut you slack. Actuary, Jeepster, Royal... these are guys that have been around. They've made their useful posts so noone begrudges them the occasional flame or joke. I could go on, but I think it's turning into a rant/ramble.

Actuary has a writing style that takes a bit of getting used to. Also very little tolerance for stupidity - like people claiming that online is rigged or somehow "not right".OP looks like an idiot when he says that he can understand how a rare situation happened to him live and yet he's incredulous that it happens online "every day". Anyone with even the most basic understanding of the magnitude of online poker and probability has to find that laughable.