12/3/06 Official Stars Sunday Million Thread

im honestly about to shoot something. i feel like breaking something. ahhhhhhhhh. i cant believe he played AK like that. so stupid. im pissed beyond belief. out in 1300 something

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

barely alive with 51K at 4th break, average is 195Kdropped 100K on consecutive hands, raised 25K at 5/10K blinds with AQ utg, called by 1,2,3,4 players.decided i was dead to rights already, flop came A92 rainbow.i checked2nd player went allin for 45K into pot holding 120K already. all fold to me. i decide to call getting 4 to 1 and expect to see AK. It's 22.next hand in BB with Q9 off, fold to cutoff who goes allin for a bit less than 40K. Getting 2 to 1, I reluctantly call hoping for live cards. Good news I'm live, he has A8o. Bad news Ace on flop.I have to push in first orbit with anything connected and hope.and gone in 332nd.found ATo utg in third hand after break. ran into JJ, no help.gl to anyone left.

This is from second chance, but there are a ton of good players in this thread, so why not ask for thoughts/advice. Opponent is terrible, I usually fold to the c/r on the turn but like i said he's an idiot.ealt to GrinderMJ [Jh Th]slimshadie: folds flmodesq21: folds DragonChips: folds pzrubio: folds GrinderMJ: raises 40 to 60PerFume9966: folds pokerguru69: folds *$lim*: folds Steel & Wire: calls 40*** FLOP *** [8c 6h Ad]Steel & Wire: checks GrinderMJ: checks *** TURN *** [8c 6h Ad] [Jc]Steel & Wire: checks GrinderMJ: bets 80Steel & Wire: raises 100 to 180GrinderMJ: calls 100*** RIVER *** [8c 6h Ad Jc] [Js]Steel & Wire: checks GrinderMJ: bets 280Steel & Wire: raises 1220 to 1500 and is all-inGrinderMJ: folds
Honestly, him checking the flop would tell me he probably doesn't have an ace, and if he did have any strong one with any kind of decent kicker he probably reraises you preflop, even if he is terrible. Even terrible players know how to raise a decent A-x. Having said that, I probably wouldn't fold considering I called the check raise on the turn, but then I would kick myself when he turned up K-J or J-8 0r 6-6, all 3 hands that I would call raises with but not neccesarily reraise with. There is a better than decent chance you made the correct fold. I have been getting myself into all kinds of trouble lately with hands like J-10,so I feel you. It seems like I will go for 3,4 tourneys and open up my hand selection, make really good plays and good reads, a bluff here and there and I am on fire, and then a hand like that will happen and it messes with me. I am trying to incorporate a style where instead of raising like a ************ preflop all of the time, all aggressive, I am switching to where I am picking up small pots every 8 hands or so, and then when the big hands show up I actually get payed off. It hasn't payed off in the win column yet but I am going deep quite a bit. It's a work in progress.
You know how I know your gay?
Saw a Yoda lego pen the other day at Kohls, and thought,"Wow, that's gay." At the time I thought that I would never really be able to tell anybody about that moment but it fits quite nicely here.