That Rare Quad Spot (20/40)

Bodog 20/40 LHE (6-handed)Cobalt is CO w/ J :D J :). I've been playing fairly TAG. UTG is a terrible maniac I've played with before. He raises/3-bets junk pre-flop from any position and can go nuts on flops/turns/rivers with BPCK or worse. I've only got stats on BB from 8/16 SHLHE, but he's 44.6/10.7/.7 after 112 hands there.Pre-flop:UTG raises, 1 fold, Cobalt 3-bets, 2 folds, BB caps, UTG calls, Cobalt callsFlop (12.5 SB): 2 :D J :club: 8 :) (3 players)BB bets, UTG raises, Cobalt calls, BB callsTurn (9.25 BB): J :) (3 players)BB checks, UTG bets, Cobalt calls, BB callsRiver (12.25 BB): Q :D (3 players)BB checks, UTG bets, Cobalt raisesGot kinda fancy on this one. Warranted or no?

Bodog 20/40 LHE (6-handed)Cobalt is CO w/ J :D J :). I've been playing fairly TAG. UTG is a terrible maniac I've played with before. He raises/3-bets junk pre-flop from any position and can go nuts on flops/turns/rivers with BPCK or worse. I've only got stats on BB from 8/16 SHLHE, but he's 44.6/10.7/.7 after 112 hands there.Pre-flop:UTG raises, 1 fold, Cobalt 3-bets, 2 folds, BB caps, UTG calls, Cobalt callsFlop (12.5 SB): 2 :D J :club: 8 :) (3 players)BB bets, UTG raises, Cobalt calls, BB callsTurn (9.25 BB): J :) (3 players)BB checks, UTG bets, Cobalt calls, BB callsRiver (12.25 BB): Q :D (3 players)BB checks, UTG bets, Cobalt raisesGot kinda fancy on this one. Warranted or no?
NH i had quad jacks today too

I like how it was played as long as you think the maniac will fold on the turn if you raise it there. You could have gotten him to cap it twice if he had a flush or a flush draw/straight draw on the turn and it hit on the river. You may even get an extra few bets out of the BB if he hits whatever he's chasing.

You were kinda in a bad spot. I play the hand similarly. FlopTrips: "Okay, we'll flat call since the BB open-capped preflop... We're surely ahead, here, bitches! I'll gamble with UTG having a crippling draw."Turn = Quads".... Oooookay. Weird. I don't want BB to fold. He can't have that good of a hand, but there's really no reason to raise here, in position. Overcalls = good."River: (x)"Raise, Raise, Raise (dance!)"No point in going for an overcall on the river. I think you played every street pretty good. I think you lose value by raising the flop. I think you played the hand well, sir.Wang

Took a while to get a decent number of responses. :)As for results, BB dumped on the river (he claimed to have KK), while UTG 3-bet and called my cap. You'd think it'd have to be a house, flush, or straight right? You'd be wrong. UTG flipped up 62o (not even the 6h).

I'm curious as to YOUR thinking during the hand. I think we're on the same page, but I'd still like to know what you were doing
Pretty much exactly what you outlined.