• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont be, but all the stuff I've seen has Wright third behind Oden and Durant.
just something Chad Ford wrote about on espn.com apparently a lot of people are high on Jianlin. Who knows it could end up being someone like Julian Wright.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFirst the Cowboys, then UNC.Do you ever root for a team that DOESNT choke????
Who is your team? I don't remember because last I saw you were still whining about the Eagles losing to the Saints. Or maybe it's because you are to scared to open your mouth and say who it is, I'm sure we will find out right after next Monday's game who your team is. We can still count cowboys rings vs eagles rings if you want... it won't take long.Like I said, you haven't' said a word in the basketball forum till you came in bragging about picking the final four correctly, something I bet no one in this forum saw before hand so of course you pat yourself on the back when no one can prove you otherwise.
(Put it this way: There were an inordinate amount of bad calls over the past few days, but the second half of the USC-UNC game took the cake. When Packer excoriated Tim Floyd for getting a technical in the final minute on Friday night after the Gibson call, I was thinking the opposite -- I felt like Floyd didn't go far enough. He should have taken off his clothes and thrown them on the court. That was ridiculous. Did we ever figure out why UNC got so many calls this month? How could a physical game like Georgetown-UNC feature a 25-5 FT disparity at one point? That's impossible!)
Bill Simmons is a whiny retard who spouts conspiracy theories to make up gimmick articles, he is a sports shock jock... entertaining to read occasionally but he has less logic than my 7 year old son. He must have missed that most of Georgetown's shots the first 1/2 were coming from outside the paint while UNC went to the basket everytime down the court, you don't get a lot of foul calls shooting mid range jumpers or when your big post players are on the bench in foul trouble. In other words, I value your opinion more than his.My point is if your making the call for 3/4ths the game, you can't stop calling it the last 4th. If anyone thinks that's good reffing they have never played, officiated, or competed in any type of organized sporting event. The refs set the tone for how they were going to call the game the first 10 minutes, you don't change it later.

Who is your team? I don't remember because last I saw you were still whining about the Eagles losing to the Saints. Or maybe it's because you are to scared to open your mouth and say who it is, I'm sure we will find out right after next Monday's game who your team is. We can still count cowboys rings vs eagles rings if you want... it won't take long.I do not have a favorite NCAA basketball team, I am just a fan of the game itself. And please, by all means, go to the NFC East thread and show me where I 'whined' about. Hell, I even picked the SAINTS to win. Im not dumb, if I see the Eagles are outmatched, im gonna pick against them. I also alreay made a post in the 'Who will win the ncaa champ.' thread about who i thought would win. And of course, its like you to bring up super bowl rings, since the cowboys havent won a playoff game in what.....12 years now? Any idiot could tell you the Cowboys were better 15-20 years ago when you won the SBs, but thats not what I care about. How does some superbowl rings 15 years ago, make you a better team now?? Oh wait, it doesntLike I said, you haven't' said a word in the basketball forum till you came in bragging about picking the final four correctly, something I bet no one in this forum saw before hand so of course you pat yourself on the back when no one can prove you otherwise.Here, Ill go get the link to the FCP Tournament Pick'em League on Yahoo I entered. That shows I had OSU, UCLA, GTown, an Florida in my final four. So once again, I prove you are nothing but a moron when it comes to sports.http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men/group/11426There is the link to the group page where I am #1 at the moment, that also shows that my whole bracket is in the 97 percentile, Id say thats pretty goodhttp://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men/63638And there is my bracket where I correctly picked the final four. Of course no one can prove me otherwise, since I have full proof that I did do it.

I do not have a favorite NCAA basketball team, I am just a fan of the game itself.
It's cute that you think anything other than superbowl victories matters in the NFL. You really think anyone is going to care what the Eagles did the last 5 years 15 years from now? You can use the what have you done lately argument, I'm asking what have the Eagles EVER done?It's also cute that you don't support any teams, but sure open your mouth when someone else's loses, makes for a easy way to start an argument don't you think? You haven't posted anything about college basketball all year until the tournament, yep your a hardcore fan alright. Just so you know, in my office pool two people who didn't watch a single game of college basketball all year correctly predicted the teams who made the final four, your not special.BTW, your first link is broke, and you picked Duke to go to the sweet 16, proof that you didn't watch any college ball this year.
Who is your team? I don't remember because last I saw you were still whining about the Eagles losing to the Saints. Or maybe it's because you are to scared to open your mouth and say who it is, I'm sure we will find out right after next Monday's game who your team is. We can still count cowboys rings vs eagles rings if you want... it won't take long.Like I said, you haven't' said a word in the basketball forum till you came in bragging about picking the final four correctly, something I bet no one in this forum saw before hand so of course you pat yourself on the back when no one can prove you otherwise.Bill Simmons is a whiny retard who spouts conspiracy theories to make up gimmick articles, he is a sports shock jock... entertaining to read occasionally but he has less logic than my 7 year old son. He must have missed that most of Georgetown's shots the first 1/2 were coming from outside the paint while UNC went to the basket everytime down the court, you don't get a lot of foul calls shooting mid range jumpers or when your big post players are on the bench in foul trouble. In other words, I value your opinion more than his.My point is if your making the call for 3/4ths the game, you can't stop calling it the last 4th. If anyone thinks that's good reffing they have never played, officiated, or competed in any type of organized sporting event. The refs set the tone for how they were going to call the game the first 10 minutes, you don't change it later.
well if you value you my opinion more than I will say this: my fiance and I watched the whole UNC v. Gtwon game and we both were commenting often that UNC seemed to be getting ALL the calls. As far as street cred goes my favorite team is the Penn Quakers (alma mater) and I picked VCU over Duke (I had them beating Pitt too, got close).look I realize that it is annoying when refs seem to "swallow the whistle" at the end of games but that is not uncommon. I also still stand by my original point: it is hard to argue that the refs played a role in your team's demise when your team enjoyed such a large free throw advantage. I do agree that Gtown shot more mid range jumpers (and made a TON of them just to hang around) but I still felt watching the game that if anything UNC was getting the better of the officiating.simmons does have the tendency to go the conspiracy route but he also will make very great overreaching points about basketball.

It's cute that you think anything other than superbowl victories matters in the NFL. You really think anyone is going to care what the Eagles did the last 5 years 15 years from now? You can use the what have you done lately argument, I'm asking what have the Eagles EVER done?Once again, your idiotic self thinks that what happened 15 years ago proves who the better team is now....silly douchebagIt's also cute that you don't support any teams, but sure open your mouth when someone else's loses, makes for a easy way to start an argument don't you think? You haven't posted anything about college basketball all year until the tournament, yep your a hardcore fan alright. Once again, please find where I claimed to be hardcore fan. This is why you suck so much, you are always wrong and then you try and make up for it by making up complete bullshit. Like my 'whining' over the Eagles losing to the saints or me claiming Im a hardcore fan.Just so you know, in my office pool two people who didn't watch a single game of college basketball all year correctly predicted the teams who made the final four, your not specialI never said I was special, just stating the FACT that i picked all four correct. Thats the difference between you and me. I state facts, you state bullshitBTW, your first link is broke, and you picked Duke to go to the sweet 16, proof that you didn't watch any college ball this yearZOMG!!!!!! I picked an upset in my brakcet!!!!!! Unpossibly un-smart!!!!!!! What kind of idiot picks upset in his bracket!!!!!! Absolutely distardard!!!! Btw, I did watch a good sum of games and i did see Dukes complete collapse, but god forbid I pick an upset, because those never happen. Its not like an 11-seed went to the Final Four last year....pfftGod, how is it possible for someone to be this ****ing stupid?!?!?!?

Once again, your idiotic self thinks that what happened 15 years ago proves who the better team is now....silly douchebag
Let me make this clear for you since your obviously missing the point. Once your team wins championships, thats the goal for your team every year, anything else it's just steps to get to that point. I understand that because your an eagles fan, you have never experienced a superbowl victory, so you have to take these little moral victories to satisfy your manhood like "my team is better now", what does that mean anyway? You get a worst draft pick than us an make no postseason progress because your organization doesn't know what it takes to get there because they have never done it. Oh that right, your team is regressing, went from a few straight championship games and a superbowl appearance to losing in the divisional round, next year it will be a loss in the wild card round...Look at it this way, the NFC has been so bad the last few years, the Eagles run of NFC championship game appearances and single victory is worse than what the Bills did in the early 90's in the AFC when the NFC was the far superior conference. At least the Bills consistently won the title game, they didn't lose 80% of the time in the weak division.
Once again, please find where I claimed to be hardcore fan. This is why you suck so much, you are always wrong and then you try and make up for it by making up complete bullshit. Like my 'whining' over the Eagles losing to the saints or me claiming Im a hardcore fan.
Your the one who claimed to be a "fan of the game itself", sure you didn't use the word hardcore I added it in because that's how Eagles fans are right? Your the most passionate hardcore fans in sports. I hope I don't need to put up a SW...If it's so easy for an 11 seed to make the final four, why didn't you have one in it this year? Nevermind, don't answer that I already know what you will say.
I never said I was special, just stating the FACT that i picked all four correct. Thats the difference between you and me. I state facts, you state bullshit
What did I say that was bullshit exactly, that you talk trash and don't support anyone so you can be cool and not get mocked when your team loses. I think that's pretty obvious to everyone.
ZOMG!!!!!! I picked an upset in my brakcet!!!!!! Unpossibly un-smart!!!!!!! What kind of idiot picks upset in his bracket!!!!!! Absolutely distardard!!!!Btw, I did watch a good sum of games and i did see Dukes complete collapse, but god forbid I pick an upset, because those never happen. Its not like an 11-seed went to the Final Four last year....pfft
Duke was a 6 seed, they were expected to get out of the first round based on seeding. Anyone who watched them play as much as you claimed to should have known they were not a legit 6 seed and would struggle getting out of the first round let alone getting to the sweet 16.
God, how is it possible for someone to be this ****ing stupid?!?!?!?
I ask myself that every time you make a post where you can't quote someones previous post correctly, or resort to calling names to prove a point... what are you 17? How's the pregnancy thing going, I haven't been keeping up on the thread?
look I realize that it is annoying when refs seem to "swallow the whistle" at the end of games but that is not uncommon. I also still stand by my original point: it is hard to argue that the refs played a role in your team's demise when your team enjoyed such a large free throw advantage. I do agree that Gtown shot more mid range jumpers (and made a TON of them just to hang around) but I still felt watching the game that if anything UNC was getting the better of the officiating.
Bolded: thats exactly what I mean. A good ref doesn't change the way they officiate based on time and score. GT because the more aggressive team at the end of the game, but one play that stands out in my head was one of Hansbourogh's last baskets with about 4 minutes left in the game where he posted up Hibbard, dropstepped, was slapped by two other players on the both of his arms knocking the ball lose which he managed to grab again on the way up before getting smacked in the head by Hibbard and still making the basket. He took 3 different fouls on that play any one of which had been called up to that point and three of them happen and nothing gets called. Looks a little suspicious is all I am saying. In the last minute or 30 seconds I understand not calling cheap fouls to have the game end up decided by free throws, but plays like that where a player is clearly hacked multiple times are ridiculous not to call.
  • 7 months later...

**** UNC they have been killing IU in recruiting recently, and it looks like they are about to grab Tyler Zeller (#22 prospect, Rivals.com) away from us again.

I have my sources, he's supposed to make his official announcement later today.Actually I just saw it on an Indiana hoops blog that I read, here.
Well good for UNC. Im sure that IU's recruiting violations didnt help them in this thing.
Can you blame the kid?
Seems to me he made the right decision. UNC is a top 5 program right now, Indiana is not.

Meh, I'm sure the violations didn't help; IU was a long-shot to land him anyway, but I still hoped. Also, it isn't just him, UNC has been stealing recruits out of Indiana for a while now. Sean May being the best example. Damn you Mike Davis!

Meh, I'm sure the violations didn't help; IU was a long-shot to land him anyway, but I still hoped. Also, it isn't just him, UNC has been stealing recruits out of Indiana for a while now. Sean May being the best example. Damn you Mike Davis!
Well, I always hear that schools like Duke and Carolina dont recruit, they select. IU just isnt on that level right now, maybe in a few years though.
Well, I always hear that schools like Duke and Carolina dont recruit, they select. IU just isnt on that level right now, maybe in a few years though.
UNC right now basically gets who they want, Duke not so much. They just lost their primary target and #1 prospect recruit for the '08 class to Georgetown. It's just kind of frustrating to see these high-level recruits leaving the state of Indiana. Being one of the most prestigious basketball programs in the nation came from the ability to get every top recruit out of this state, NOBODY used to be able to recruit in Indiana. But that was a waaaay long time ago, maybe we can get there again.
UNC right now basically gets who they want, Duke not so much. They just lost their primary target and #1 prospect recruit for the '08 class to Georgetown. It's just kind of frustrating to see these high-level recruits leaving the state of Indiana. Being one of the most prestigious basketball programs in the nation came from the ability to get every top recruit out of this state, NOBODY used to be able to recruit in Indiana. But that was a waaaay long time ago, maybe we can get there again.
Good, duck fuke. I heard that Kanas just got two twins too commit, and they are both supposed to be real good. I cant believe Georgetown got the #1 player though, I guess they are back.
Good, duck fuke. I heard that Kanas just got two twins too commit, and they are both supposed to be real good. I cant believe Georgetown got the #1 player though, I guess they are back.
Yea it was quite the shocker when it happened, everybody thought Duke was the front-runner, and then the recruit (Greg Monroe) visited Georgetown and a day later committed there. I'm sure JT-III introduced him to some nice DC hookers to win him over.Yea, Kansas just committed to 4-star PF twins out of New Jersey, Marcus and Markieff Morris.
Preseason final four predictions:UNC (obviously)UCLALouisvilleKansas ( i hope)I like UNC to win it all, but Lousiville has a good shot too. I like that team.
Final 4:UNCUCLAIndiana (duh!)MemphisUCLA to win it all, Darren Collison is the best PG in the nation and Josh Shipp is just as capable at scoring as Afflalo was. Also, I think Kevin Love will have the biggest impact of any newcomer this year.