Good Call Or Bad Call

Limit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$66 playersConverterI MISCLICKED THE BUTTON AND ACCIDENTLY CALLED. ENOUGH W/'FOLD PREFLOP, NEXT POST'Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 6 :club: A :)UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.Flop: 5 :D T :D 6 :) (8.67SB, 4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero raises, UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls.Turn: 3 :) (7.33BB, 3 players)Hero bets, UTG calls, Button calls.River: 8 :D (10.33BB, 3 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, Button bets, Hero calls, UTG calls.Results:Final pot: 13.33BB

I don't like calling here pre-flop unless we know that the villain often raises UTG with weak hands. I really don't like playing weak unsuited Aces OOP against a raise. I'm not a big fan of the flop check/raise, the turn bet (though it is pretty much mandatory after the flop C/R) or the river check/call. I think this is a fold pre-flop or on the flop.

I don't like calling here pre-flop unless we know that the villain often raises UTG with weak hands. I really don't like playing weak unsuited Aces OOP against a raise.
totally agree, fold pre-flop and the hand is done.

cinci - this is how dumb and different the SH LHE world is on a consistent basisButton shows Ac2cutg shows KhQhpreflop - bad call, I think I clicked call as a mistake since i was multitablingflop:I coulnd't put them on a low range. especially utg, I figure he either has an A10+ hand or high PP and button KQ QJ mb J10 type handGiven flop and turn: High PP is out of hte question.river - I figure button would fire again with AKhow off I was.

I know the results were good. But I cant say I like the hand at all. With 4 players in the hand you have middle pair top kicker, with little outs for improvement. Even in this ideal scenario, they call you with trash, you are vulnarable to many cards coming.id say you flopped a marginal hand at best and were very lucky some donkeys were in the hand. Any turn card that comes is possible bad news for you and what are you gonna do?So the first chance of folding was pre-flop, you missed that one.The second chance of folding is on the flop, id take that one.

The second chance of folding is on the flop, id take that one.
Assuming pf was a misclick, which Mike told me it was, I don't _hate_ the flop play. I almost definitely will pull this move every once in a while as well. I really don't know if we can just give up on 2nd pair that easily though. I think if we are met with a ton or resistance, or a scary turn card comes, then we can fold.ie, UTG looks to be on a FD or SD, and really, given that button will bet a lot of severe trash here, he could have anything. The turn card in this case is VERY good for us. It only completes the 74 straight, and does not improve the flush. As played, we have to bet this turn, as it's very very possible we have the best hand, and if we do, it is very vulnerable, as you state.River doesn't bring the flush, only fills a gutterball, but does give the straight draws a better pair. Betting obviously has little to no value, so we check and see what develops. If it goes bet-raise, easy fold. If it checks through, we're prolly ahead, good for us. If it is just bet by the button, I call because we're getting 11.33 to 1, and given the donk factor, we have the best hand enough.Having said that, I fold this flop a lot too :club:

If you know how UTG and CO play (lets say they bet their hands and dont stick around with trash), and button bets when checked to almost always then u can try to isolate the button.As Zach already stated the pre-flop and flop play is what I dont like. Turn and river play is fine given your previous actions

cinci - this is how dumb and different the SH LHE world is on a consistent basisButton shows Ac2cutg shows KhQhpreflop - bad call, I think I clicked call as a mistake since i was multitablingflop:I coulnd't put them on a low range. especially utg, I figure he either has an A10+ hand or high PP and button KQ QJ mb J10 type handGiven flop and turn: High PP is out of hte question.river - I figure button would fire again with AKhow off I was.
Why would you give up on the flop? Against the ranges I put them on, I felt I was ahead and decided to give it a run.

I don't like the flop play at all.What hope is there of this working?3 opponents.One raised from UTG.One cold called.One cold called and is betting the flop.Based on this, I don't think we are folding many hands immediately on the flop- even facing them with 2cold.Based on that, we know it will require another bet on the turn for any hope of knocking out the rest of the field.And since our loose opopnents will likely still call us down with overs or a pocket pair above our 6's, the chances that we are ahead now and will still be later seem slim.Too aggressive, in my opinion.--CM

shouldn't u be pushing any edge that you have?postflop action tells me they probably don't have overpair. I check-raise to isolate so it'd be 1on1 against a guy who has overcardsI think you give too much credit to someone who bets from the button.

shouldn't u be pushing any edge that you have?postflop action tells me they probably don't have overpair. I check-raise to isolate so it'd be 1on1 against a guy who has overcardsI think you give too much credit to someone who bets from the button.
You think you can isolate, but hey there are donks at the table so the following concept applies to this hand.* When you are ahead you are likely to get drawn out on* When you are behind you have at best 5 outs for improvementThe hand is so marginal, your play might break even at best.