Hand #37040016-18830 at Clifton (No Limit Hold'em)Started at 30/Nov/06 09:55:13 goloum83 is at seat 0 with $196. jessssy is at seat 1 with $396. tjfny is at seat 2 with $184. outdraw__me is at seat 3 with $200. steel61 is at seat 4 with $407.20. euskadi91 is at seat 5 with $208.10. The button is at seat 1. tjfny posts the small blind of $2. outdraw__me posts the big blind of $4. goloum83 posts out of turn for $6($2 dead blind). goloum83: -- -- jessssy: -- -- tjfny: -- -- outdraw__me: As 6h steel61: -- -- euskadi91: -- --Pre-flop: steel61 folds. euskadi91 folds. goloum83 raises to $16. jessssy folds. tjfny folds. outdraw__me re-raises to $39. goloum83 re-raises to $62. outdraw__me calls. Flop (board: 5c 8h Ac): outdraw__me checks. goloum83 bets $25. outdraw__me goes all-in for $138. goloum83 goes all-in for $132. outdraw__me is returned $6 (uncalled). Turn (board: 5c 8h Ac 9c): (no action in this round) River (board: 5c 8h Ac 9c 3d): (no action in this round) Showdown: outdraw__me shows As 6h. outdraw__me has As 6h 8h Ac 9c: a pair of aces. goloum83 shows 5h 4c. goloum83 has 5h 5c 8h Ac 9c: a pair of fives. Hand #37040016-18830 Summary: $3 is raked from a pot of $392. outdraw__me wins $389 with a pair of aces.----------------------------------------------------------------Not really a superb showing of skill, but I had notes on him that showed when he has dead money in the pot, for some reason, he became a loose moron that would play anything, hence the raise with a lame ace. When I hit my ace, I knew i was ahead unless he hit bottom two. So I pushed because I would have been satisfied with the pot here, but he wanted to gamble I guess. I try not to play results, so given my read on the situation, what do you guys think of my play?

No, that was a great read.I don't know if they play at 1/2 NL is different than live, but i see that alot.When people leave and come back and have to post $2 plus a dead small to the pot, theyll play just about anything preflop, even to a 5xBB raise.This might disapeer in higher limits, but since all ive played is 1/2 NL and 5/10 LHE, I don't know.

the super small re-raise pf is pretty silly.do you really wanna play A6o OOP. if he just calls you pf and you miss the flop, which you will most of the time...what are you doing? youre not deep enough to really keep betting without committing a large portion of your stack...then he 3 bets you small pf...i dont know your specific read on him here, but I think shoveling here is better than just calling with a really sucky hand OOP. Just calling lets him outplay you a lot postflop..and if you think you have an edge preflop, however small...you need to shovel..cuz you dont have much wiggling room post flop.- Jordan

the super small re-raise pf is pretty silly.do you really wanna play A6o OOP. if he just calls you pf and you miss the flop, which you will most of the time...what are you doing? youre not deep enough to really keep betting without committing a large portion of your stack...then he 3 bets you small pf...i dont know your specific read on him here, but I think shoveling here is better than just calling with a really sucky hand OOP. Just calling lets him outplay you a lot postflop..and if you think you have an edge preflop, however small...you need to shovel..cuz you dont have much wiggling room post flop.- Jordan
Thanks for an actually good critique of this hand. I was thinking about pushing preflop, but wasn't sure if I should or not. I didn't consider post-flop as much as I should have thinking back on it. I kind of got in the mindset of, I know I have the best hand, so I'm playing it. I think I was playing the hand almost regardless of the flop, barring three shitty cards.Thanks Jordan.Also, you say my reraise preflop is too small. I raised him about 2.5 times his bet, so what should I have raised to?
Thanks for an actually good critique of this hand. I was thinking about pushing preflop, but wasn't sure if I should or not. I didn't consider post-flop as much as I should have thinking back on it. I kind of got in the mindset of, I know I have the best hand, so I'm playing it. I think I was playing the hand almost regardless of the flop, barrigng three shitty cards.Thanks Jordan.Also, you say my reraise preflop is too small. I raised him about 2.5 times his bet, so what should I have raised to?
something that doesn't give him the odds you were giving him. he really shouldn't be folding there, hardly ever...unless he has like A2 and puts you on AA or something. if you're re-raising A6 there, you wanna raise enough that will push himi off PF. For instance, if we are 100bb stacks, and duder bets $16 pf...I'll be re-raising to $50 usually...which will be giving him around 3:1 to call pf...and if he calls there with 54o and hands like that, obviously you'll be getting the best of him in the long run, as played he was getting basically 2.5:1 to call and can easily make the call with a wide variety of hands..especially cuz he has position on us and can easily outplay you postflop.it's obviously important to mix up your re-raises pf...but as a short stack I wouldn't be making these kinda small re-raises pf..think if you had AK here or AQ, would you still only be betting $39, figuring him to at least call you? Playing OOP unimproved sucks, esp short...in these kinda situations it varies, but I think for "most" ppl it's best to get more money in PF and use your edge there...if you were in position this would be a lot diff...- Jordan
that about sums it uppretty sure if he's this bad you could have found a better spot with a better hand to get him with because your hand is just as bad as his is basically in this instance

you are a horrible nl player and the funniest part is that you think this is a brag post.after you simply called his last reraise you were pretty much drawing dead to 3 outs(if that) against ANY hand he had because you let him take the lead. you played this hand like a moron and got lucky, if you knew you were good preflop you would've pushed when he made it $62 and NEVER called to see a flop. i have a feeling you need to drop down in limits but you won't till you go broke.

Yeah, sorry guys, I forgot that I had mentioned I was a professional already. The fact is, I am not as good as guys like Jordan, and that's why I'm posting, hoping to get their input. I feel that I played the hand right, and wanted to know what actually good players thought I should have done. You could have gotten the same point across by saying "Fold Preflop" couldn't you? If the phrase brag post is taken any less sarcastic than it was meant to be, then I apologize. I am just trying to get better, and see where I made mistakes, how I could have done things better, etc. Thanks for the great 'you're terrible' responses, but they are not necessary.

Fold Pre Flop....And don't brag about getting lucky!
Hello. Please refer to the above post when I said the line, "Brag post" was to be taken sarcastically. And technically, the way the hand played out, I didn't get lucky. I was never behind.
And technically, the way the hand played out, I didn't get lucky. I was never behind.
if you CALL $62 preflop with A6 in a $2/4 nl game, you are behind sir, way, way, way, behind. i am only hoping that the sharp criticism will save you some money in the short run. if you continue to play like this at the $2/4 level you are going to lose an ungodly amount of money(which if you can afford it, forgive me for being such a prick.) really if you want to play like this you need to jump back down to .25/.50 or maybe .10/.25 until your game improves. seriously you say that you thought you were ahead the whole hand, but anyone looking at the HH can tell you really thought you were behind. your first BIG mistake was simply calling his reraise to $62, if you really think your good, you need to push, NEVER call. i'd say 80% of the time you should be mucking in this situation anyways, say he is making a play, what hand could he have that he's not close to even money with you? so your just gonna call and let him see a flop? the second big mistake is check-raising on that flop.....horrible. ok so you called his big raise preflop and maybe he's sweating now and say he did this play with 77-1010, etc., what if he checks behind you and sets on the turn? you can't afford to give him a free card with all of that money in the pot, i mean say he has what he has, 45, and checks behind you and turns a 4/5? check-raising the flop is an advanced play which you totally misused. drop down in limits, start reading the strat section, you are gonna bleed away your entire BR if you stay at $2/4.-steal
Yeah, sorry guys, I forgot that I had mentioned I was a professional already. The fact is, I am not as good as guys like Jordan, and that's why I'm posting, hoping to get their input. I feel that I played the hand right, and wanted to know what actually good players thought I should have done. You could have gotten the same point across by saying "Fold Preflop" couldn't you? If the phrase brag post is taken any less sarcastic than it was meant to be, then I apologize. I am just trying to get better, and see where I made mistakes, how I could have done things better, etc. Thanks for the great 'you're terrible' responses, but they are not necessary.
A professional at what stakes?On to the analysis, what range of hands did you put him on to reraise with A6 os OOP? I don't think the hand was played particularly well on either part. His play looks like that of frustration and it seems more like you're putting your money in praying that A6 is good. Maybe not, but it was a poorly played hand from a technical aspect. You play your A6 that fast against a decent player and you're going to be going broke quite a bit.

lol.i love how a lot of ppl can't give advice without being assholes. like you never "misplayed" a hand.it's a poker hand..not the draft of the US constitution.OP, if you wanna improve more, talk with poker friends that aren't jerks, and go to 2+2 nl forums, or some of the posts here in the nl hold em' section.cobaltblue is a still active/good poster in nlhe..i post there off and on, but havn't started any threads there in a while.- Jordan

if you CALL $62 preflop with A6 in a $2/4 nl game, you are behind sir, way, way, way, behind. i am only hoping that the sharp criticism will save you some money in the short run. if you continue to play like this at the $2/4 level you are going to lose an ungodly amount of money(which if you can afford it, forgive me for being such a prick.) really if you want to play like this you need to jump back down to .25/.50 or maybe .10/.25 until your game improves. seriously you say that you thought you were ahead the whole hand, but anyone looking at the HH can tell you really thought you were behind. your first BIG mistake was simply calling his reraise to $62, if you really think your good, you need to push, NEVER call. i'd say 80% of the time you should be mucking in this situation anyways, say he is making a play, what hand could he have that he's not close to even money with you? so your just gonna call and let him see a flop? the second big mistake is check-raising on that flop.....horrible. ok so you called his big raise preflop and maybe he's sweating now and say he did this play with 77-1010, etc., what if he checks behind you and sets on the turn? you can't afford to give him a free card with all of that money in the pot, i mean say he has what he has, 45, and checks behind you and turns a 4/5? check-raising the flop is an advanced play which you totally misused. drop down in limits, start reading the strat section, you are gonna bleed away your entire BR if you stay at $2/4.-steal
What part of 'in the situation' don't you understand? I realize that 90%+ of the time this is a losing play. I was not looking for criticisms on what hand I chose to play, but how I make a play against an opponent I feel is on an absolute steal. I realize the vast majority of the time A6 is garbage. I was looking for some useful insight after the fact. The most common advice I seem to be getting is all in preflop if I think I'm winning. Why do you insist on telling people they are bad players, as if you are so much better?
A professional at what stakes?On to the analysis, what range of hands did you put him on to reraise with A6 os OOP? I don't think the hand was played particularly well on either part. His play looks like that of frustration and it seems more like you're putting your money in praying that A6 is good. Maybe not, but it was a poorly played hand from a technical aspect. You play your A6 that fast against a decent player and you're going to be going broke quite a bit.
Again, does no one get sarcasm. I am clearly the opposite of a professional. I am a college student with a bit of money to play poker with. And once again, I wasn't against a decent player in my mind, which is why I made the play I did. It had nothing to do with my actual hand aside from the fact that I thought it was good.Do I seriously need to put a SW on every post intended to be sarcastic?
lol.i love how a lot of ppl can't give advice without being assholes. like you never "misplayed" a hand.it's a poker hand..not the draft of the US constitution.OP, if you wanna improve more, talk with poker friends that aren't jerks, and go to 2+2 nl forums, or some of the posts here in the nl hold em' section.cobaltblue is a still active/good poster in nlhe..i post there off and on, but havn't started any threads there in a while.- Jordan
Thank You.The fact of the matter is, I knew I was going to get criticisms on WHAT hand I actually played, and not the situation that I perceived myself to be in. Responses like the one you gave me (actually useful insight) is exactly what I wanted.

What part of 'in the situation' don't you understand?i understand it completely; 'in this situation' you totally misplayed the hand and got extremely lucky.I realize that 90%+ of the time this is a losing play. now i think we're finally getting somewhere.I was not looking for criticisms on what hand I chose to play, but how I make a play against an opponent I feel is on an absolute steal. how about find a better spot? if he has the tendancy to put it all out on the line with garbage enough for you to have noticed it he will probably do it again.I realize the vast majority of the time A6 is garbage. I was looking for some useful insight after the fact. The most common advice I seem to be getting is all in preflop if I think I'm winning. that pretty much sums up the preflop play. maybe you are learning something.Why do you insist on telling people they are bad players, as if you are so much better?i didn't tell 'people', i told you. i am 100% positive that you are not a winning player at $2/4 and i'm just trying to save you some money. my criticism may not be nice but hopefully its constructive.

What part of 'in the situation' don't you understand?i understand it completely; 'in this situation' you totally misplayed the hand and got extremely lucky.I realize that 90%+ of the time this is a losing play. now i think we're finally getting somewhere.I was not looking for criticisms on what hand I chose to play, but how I make a play against an opponent I feel is on an absolute steal. how about find a better spot? if he has the tendancy to put it all out on the line with garbage enough for you to have noticed it he will probably do it again.I realize the vast majority of the time A6 is garbage. I was looking for some useful insight after the fact. The most common advice I seem to be getting is all in preflop if I think I'm winning. that pretty much sums up the preflop play. maybe you are learning something.Why do you insist on telling people they are bad players, as if you are so much better?i didn't tell 'people', i told you. i am 100% positive that you are not a winning player at $2/4 and i'm just trying to save you some money. my criticism may not be nice but hopefully its constructive.
Well this is getting nowhere. You win. GG. Guess I should have folded after the first post.