New Holdem & Omaha Idea

Ok, someone with a few buddies try this out.I have yet to do so cuz i just thought of it, maybe we'll try it tomorrow at the FCP Toronto gathering.anywaysthe idea is everyone gets a deck of cards, everycard, and can look at all the cards.Now you have to pick 2, or 4 (for omaha) make a hand, and then start the game.there is another deck used to flop,turn,river.once that hand is finished, the cards you used go into a permanent muck, and you continue this way until all your cards are out.The idea i guess is to be able to play good hands when you want, and your junk when you want.Not sure if it would create more or less action.. but hey call me Jfarrel the 2nd

Ok, someone with a few buddies try this out.I have yet to do so cuz i just thought of it, maybe we'll try it tomorrow at the FCP Toronto gathering.anywaysthe idea is everyone gets a deck of cards, everycard, and can look at all the cards.Now you have to pick 2, or 4 (for omaha) make a hand, and then start the game.there is another deck used to flop,turn,river.once that hand is finished, the cards you used go into a permanent muck, and you continue this way until all your cards are out.The idea i guess is to be able to play good hands when you want, and your junk when you want.Not sure if it would create more or less action.. but hey call me Jfarrel the 2nd
I would think everyone would always start with a pair hoping to hit sets
Jfarrel the 2nd? :club:
I would think everyone would always start with a pair hoping to hit sets
y ai guess but u gotta remember, are you gonna be investing any amount with 6's or 7's?and then will tat money just go down the shitter
Jfarrel the 2nd? :club:
that man was a genius, he was 10 years ahead of his time.i'll guarantee that you'll start to see 3 pairs betting a setsw?.. or not? 3 pairs? why not
y ai guess but u gotta remember, are you gonna be investing any amount with 6's or 7's?
That made me think of a new game too. Instead of giving everyone the freedom to choose their own cards, just get rid of all the cards below a Ten, so you only have cards that could potentially make up a Royal Flush. Everybody would have Royal cards so there is sure to be plenty of action. Just imagine everyone chasing the elusive Royal Flush.I call this game, "Texas Hold 'Em With All of the Low Cards Taken Out of the Deck."
That made me think of a new game too. Instead of giving everyone the freedom to choose their own cards, just get rid of all the cards below a Ten, so you only have cards that could potentially make up a Royal Flush. Everybody would have Royal cards so there is sure to be plenty of action. Just imagine everyone chasing the elusive Royal Flush.I call this game, "Texas Hold 'Em With All of the Low Cards Taken Out of the Deck."
you might be onto something..althought i'm not sure i like the name. how bout Texas holdem's royal adventure?
Too late....PACT has been offering this game for weeks
I didnt subscribe to the newsletter, could be why i missed out
in omaha you wouldn't you just do double suited run downs?
would u though? think about it

21 User(s) are reading this topic (14 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)7 Members: JoeyJoJo, MikePatrick, JaysForLife, CJHunt, threeparrots, weishan14, fleung22Mike Patrick, I see you.. where the heck you been>>?lets do a Bad Rama Jama trip

the idea is everyone gets a deck of cards, everycard, and can look at all the cards.Now you have to pick 2, or 4 (for omaha) make a hand, and then start the game.there is another deck used to flop,turn,river.once that hand is finished, the cards you used go into a permanent muck, and you continue this way until all your cards are out.The idea i guess is to be able to play good hands when you want, and your junk when you want.
This reminds me of a game on the double up site that was discussed in the off-topic forum, the gold mine game. Everyone has 6 pieces of gold, valued 1 through 6. There is a stack of other gold, 1 through 6, that comes out randomly. After seeing which piece came out, each player places a blind bid on that piece, and the highest bidder gets it plus all the gold that was bid. A tie means all the gold in the pot carries to the next round. Since there are 63 total "points" involved, the first person to 32 wins.You could do this same thing with a deck of cards and three suits of A-6. The difference with your game is that between choosing an order for your cards, the random flop, and betting patterns, the game is much richer in texture. The drawback is that, because few people could remember what cards are missing from the opponents deck (except for a few exceptional hands like AA and KK) after 10 rounds or so, it would just become like regular poker.You seem to be getting abuse for your idea, but I think it could lead to some interesting variations and teach a lot about regular variations of poker. (I'm assuming the game plays normally except for the source of the hole cards.)

I have a great idea! You deal the flop FIRST, then put the rest of the deck face up. THEN you pick two cards (or four for omaha) of your choice to make the best hand! Ah, it's going to be awesome. I think that most of you won't like this idea because it's too advanced for your small brains.

Actually it could be pretty interesting. Do you burn your pocket rockets on the first two hands? Do you have to in case everyone else does? Hmmm, actually... everybody would do it, then KK, then QQ and so on and all you woulddo is split pots. So thinking that would you try to hit flushes instead? Or suited connectors for straights and flushes since everybody else is playing pairs? I dunno, it's so crazy it just might work.