Buying In Short At Full Ring Games.

I don't buy in short (20-30bb's), but I don't buy in for the maximum either. I normally sit down at an online cash game with 65-75bb's, and this works out very well for me. I prefer buying in with this amount as opposed to the maximum because it allows me to play at higher limits with proper bankroll management.

Thanks for the feedback. I think. :club:

i have had really really really good success recently buying in short at PLO8. i can't really explain it, but it seems like my PSBs (which typically put me all in by the flop if i raised PF) with close to the nuts are getting called with regularity, more so than if i was playing deeper stacked.
Have you played many hands shortstacked at PLO8? It would be interesting to develop detailed shortstack strategies for other games. A problem with PLO8/NL08 is the relative smallness of preflop edges. Unlike hold 'em, where you can be an 80/20 favorite, most edges in O8 are 60/40ish or smaller. However, if people play poorly enough on the flop, then it doesn't matter much. Do you know your standard deviation per 100 hands playing shortstacked so far?Unfortunately, pokertracker's calculation of standard deviations isn't correct. I believe I read somewhere that it averages the standard deviations of each session (which is why you find the standard deviation information in the detailed sessions window).
Unfortunately, pokertracker's calculation of standard deviations isn't correct. I believe I read somewhere that it averages the standard deviations of each session (which is why you find the standard deviation information in the detailed sessions window).
I've been wondering about that...I can't imagine it would be too hard to write a program to calculate it in chunks of 100 hands, although I have no idea.
  • 8 months later...