PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP3(t13905)CO (t24380)Button (t10900)SB (t17158)BB (t3355)UTG (t14802)UTG+1 (t3290)MP1 (t2515)MP2 (t8075)4 Folds....CO: raises 300 to 4501 fold SB: calls 3751 fold Flop: (t225) Kdiamond.gif, Tclub.gif, 3heart.gif(9 players)SB bets t750, CO calls t750.Turn: (t1725) 5spade.gif(9 players)SB bets t2100, CO calls t2100.River: (t5925) 2diamond.gif(9 players)SB folds. What ????Final Pot: t5925Anyone have any thoughts? Bluff gone bad, defending his SB?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP3(t13905)CO (t24380)Button (t10900)SB (t17158)BB (t3355)UTG (t14802)UTG+1 (t3290)MP1 (t2515)MP2 (t8075)4 Folds....CO: raises 300 to 4501 fold SB: calls 3751 fold Flop: (t225) Kdiamond.gif, Tclub.gif, 3heart.gif(9 players)SB bets t750, CO calls t750.Turn: (t1725) 5spade.gif(9 players)SB bets t2100, CO calls t2100.River: (t5925) 2diamond.gif(9 players)SB folds. What ????Final Pot: t5925Anyone have any thoughts? Bluff gone bad, defending his SB?
umm there is absolutely nothing to discuss here so keeping the sb a secret does nothing...
Why nothing to discuss? SB calls a preflop raise, bets flop, bets turn and then folds? Why not check/fold?This was an experienced player, I just thought it was an odd play.
It's not all that odd just because there's a thread every other day about open farrelling.In all honesty, he missed whatever hand he was looking for, and decided that he didn't want anyone to see his hand regardless of how far behind he was./thread
Why nothing to discuss? SB calls a preflop raise, bets flop, bets turn and then folds? Why not check/fold?This was an experienced player, I just thought it was an odd play.
Because checking runs the risk of his opponent checking behind him, forcing him to show his cards. He had a hand that he was 100% sure was losing if it went to showdown, and decided he didn't want the table to see what he played that way. Obv everyone at the table knows that is what happened, but they won't know his exact two cards.On a side note, I think that eliminates a hand like QJ as his possible holdings, mainly because his opponent could have been on that draw as well, which makes checking (instead of open folding) the better option. Prob J9, or complete air like 8 high or something.
Because checking runs the risk of his opponent checking behind him, forcing him to show his cards. He had a hand that he was 100% sure was losing if it went to showdown, and decided he didn't want the table to see what he played that way. Obv everyone at the table knows that is what happened, but they won't know his exact two cards.On a side note, I think that eliminates a hand like QJ as his possible holdings, mainly because his opponent could have been on that draw as well, which makes checking (instead of open folding) the better option. Prob J9, or complete air like 8 high or something.
i agree. however i dont think qj can be totally eliminated but like you said that hand would be best to check fold. when i read this i thought he had to have j9. he folds cause he doesnt want to risk someone seeing him betting a gutter ball like that. he has to know that there is no way for him to win a showdown even if checked down by another draw so if he isnt willing to bluff a third time he should just fold. cause he could always play it off in the chat box that he misclicked. but if he shows done he cant change the fact that people saw him bet twice with a gutter ball
hmmmmmmmm open folder.:club:

I don't think this is that outrageous. As previously stated, he missed his hand and knew full well he couldn't even beat a bluff. Not sure about J9, I think he may have bluffed too far with something like 9-8.

So "open-farreling" is what this is called? I've seen that term a number of times on here before and didn't know what it meant.Sorry for spamming with this. I was watching this tourney and didn't expect it from a "seasoned" player.As for the identity........... JohnnyBax.Thanks for the input folks.

So "open-farreling" is what this is called? I've seen that term a number of times on here before and didn't know what it meant.Sorry for spamming with this. I was watching this tourney and didn't expect it from a "seasoned" player.As for the identity........... JohnnyBax.Thanks for the input folks.
Open-Farrell = Folding when first to act even though you can check