"card"player Magazine

I have had a subscription to CardPlayer Magazine over the past 2 years. I really enjoy the content. It both educates me and entertains me which was exactly the reason that I subscribed.The one thing that I don't like about the magazine is that I don't think it is true to its name. It simply should be called Hold'em Players magazine. I do not remember the last time I read anything on Razz strategy, Stud Hi/Lo strategy and hands, or even Triple draw hands.Althought I realize that hold em is the most popular and that is what people want to read, I also believe that in order to keep the poker boom, booming, different games are going to have to become more popular. The general public is going to get sick of the same game over and over again. My question to the community (and Daniel) is, do you think that CardPlayer will ever make other games a bigger part of their content? Possibly someone with a colum in CardPlayer could start the trend of getting other interested in the non-television games?

NLHE is the popular game and, for the most part, that's what people want to read about.All of the content from Cardplayer is available online. There's a search button at the top right corner of the cardplayer.com web page if you want to search for articles about other games. Here are a few links that you might be interested in as a start:http://www.cardplayer.com/search/results?q...amp;x=0&y=0http://www.cardplayer.com/search/results?q...amp;x=0&y=0http://www.cardplayer.com/search/results?q...amp;x=0&y=0

NLHE is the popular game and, for the most part, that's what people want to read about.All of the content from Cardplayer is available online. There's a search button at the top right corner of the web page. Here are a few links that you might be interested in as a start:http://www.cardplayer.com/search/results?q...amp;x=0&y=0http://www.cardplayer.com/search/results?q...amp;x=0&y=0http://www.cardplayer.com/search/results?q...amp;x=0&y=0
aaff2.jpg

Cooke, Ciaffone, and Tanenbaum often do articles on LHE. Slotboom frequently covers Omaha. Wiesenberg had a series of articles on Draw.If CP really wants to overhaul, they should drop Johnson and Fisher's articles. I'm sure they're nice ladies, but their articles add very little value to the magazine and amount to little beyond "We went on a cruise and saw neat things...it was fun!" Also, I've started routinely skipping Shapiro's articles. They're supposed to be funny, but they're usually not.

the reason it is about holdem is because that is what the major tournaments are.cardplayer covers the major tournaments and not many major tounreys are razz or stud
Two things are painfully obvious.First, I don't think you have ever read a cardplayer magazine. You probably "don't read good", do you?Second, Your Retarded.
Second, Your Retarded.
I have seen your posts in here a lot, and I can't take it anymore. I try not to flame, but dammit, I can't hold back anymore.IT'S YOU'RE RETARDED!!! As in you are retarded. The way you are saying it makes it more like, Your retarded lover, Jeepster80125Grrr. Ok, now back to my regularly scheduled programming.
Cooke, Ciaffone, and Tanenbaum often do articles on LHE. Slotboom frequently covers Omaha. Wiesenberg had a series of articles on Draw.If CP really wants to overhaul, they should drop Johnson and Fisher's articles. I'm sure they're nice ladies, but their articles add very little value to the magazine and amount to little beyond "We went on a cruise and saw neat things...it was fun!" Also, I've started routinely skipping Shapiro's articles. They're supposed to be funny, but they're usually not.
This has nothing to do with what you typed, I just have to say Cobaltblue that is the greatest avatar ever. "The Wizard" got to love that movie. I lol when i saw it.
I have seen your posts in here a lot, and I can't take it anymore. I try not to flame, but dammit, I can't hold back anymore.IT'S YOU'RE RETARDED!!! As in you are retarded. The way you are saying it makes it more like, Your retarded lover, Jeepster80125Grrr. Ok, now back to my regularly scheduled programming.
good post.and what are you talking about jeepster-how is cardplayer different than what i described?
This is priceless. And people wonder why I like it so much.
good post.and what are you talking about jeepster-how is cardplayer different than what i described?
If you did anything more than jerk off to Isabelle Mercier when you look at cardplayer, you would understand that it doesn't only cover hold em.Regarding your comment on there not being many razz or stud tournaments, thanks for stating the obvious. I said earlier that I would transfer $5 to you if you could find a post of yours that was worthwhile, but now I'll go ahead and offer you $5 if you don't post for a whole day.Let me know.
This has nothing to do with what you typed, I just have to say Cobaltblue that is the greatest avatar ever. "The Wizard" got to love that movie. I lol when i saw it.
Thanks. Unfortunately, now that the Wii is out, I will be reverting to my former avatar.
This is priceless. And people wonder why I like it so much.If you did anything more than jerk off to Isabelle Mercier when you look at cardplayer, you would understand that it doesn't only cover hold em.Regarding your comment on there not being many razz or stud tournaments, thanks for stating the obvious. I said earlier that I would transfer $5 to you if you could find a post of yours that was worthwhile, but now I'll go ahead and offer you $5 if you don't post for a whole day.Let me know.
no thanks, but can you explain to me how what i said is false?you are avoiding the question because you know i am correct.
I have had a subscription to CardPlayer Magazine over the past 2 years. I really enjoy the content. It both educates me and entertains me which was exactly the reason that I subscribed.The one thing that I don't like about the magazine is that I don't think it is true to its name. It simply should be called Hold'em Players magazine. I do not remember the last time I read anything on Razz strategy, Stud Hi/Lo strategy and hands, or even Triple draw hands.Althought I realize that hold em is the most popular and that is what people want to read, I also believe that in order to keep the poker boom, booming, different games are going to have to become more popular. The general public is going to get sick of the same game over and over again. My question to the community (and Daniel) is, do you think that CardPlayer will ever make other games a bigger part of their content? Possibly someone with a colum in CardPlayer could start the trend of getting other interested in the non-television games?
If you want to be really picky, why does it only cover poker? There are lots of other card games that people play.
no thanks, but can you explain to me how what i said is false?you are avoiding the question because you know i am correct.
No. You are a post whore, and you were too busy hitting the Post Reply button to read what I said. I'm feeling generous, so here is my explanation regarding what you asked.Just because I delight telling you how much of a mrono you are, I'll take the 30 seconds to respond to your stupid post, word by retarded word.
the reason it is about holdem is because that is what the major tournaments are.cardplayer covers the major tournaments and not many major tounreys are razz or stud
You are an idiot for saying the first sentence. As others have pointed out, there are other games discussed in the magazine, not just hold em. Your ignorance shines through once again.As for the second sentence about the majority of the content in cardplayer, I thanked you for stating the obvious, something that anyone with a brain cell already knew.You might as well post things like "Hey guys, it's Monday." or "Did you guys know that Thanksgiving was last week?" or "I love a fictional tv character." or "I ate lunch today when it was lunchtime." or "Did you know that snow is white?"If you would post things like this, you would sound just as intelligent as you do when you post the trash that you do. Do you understand, or do I need to explain myself further? Your Retarded.
aaff2.jpg
LOL
perhaps you havent read the past few issues with great articles pertaining too:Stud HiOmaha Hi
LOL
Two things are painfully obvious.First, I don't think you have ever read a cardplayer magazine. You probably "don't read good", do you?Second, Your Retarded.
LOL
LMAO
No. You are a post whore, and you were too busy hitting the Post Reply button to read what I said. I'm feeling generous, so here is my explanation regarding what you asked.Just because I delight telling you how much of a mrono you are, I'll take the 30 seconds to respond to your stupid post, word by retarded word.You are an idiot for saying the first sentence. As others have pointed out, there are other games discussed in the magazine, not just hold em. Your ignorance shines through once again.As for the second sentence about the majority of the content in cardplayer, I thanked you for stating the obvious, something that anyone with a brain cell already knew.You might as well post things like "Hey guys, it's Monday." or "Did you guys know that Thanksgiving was last week?" or "I love a fictional tv character." or "I ate lunch today when it was lunchtime." or "Did you know that snow is white?"If you would post things like this, you would sound just as intelligent as you do when you post the trash that you do. Do you understand, or do I need to explain myself further? Your Retarded.
LMAO This has the makings of being one of the greatest and funniest threads of all time. It already includes:1) A typical reply by a hated poster followed by2) A very well thought out and funny comeback followed by3) A not so intelligent reply followed by4) A simple yet elegant flame followed by5) A newbie ripping on the respected flamer follwed by6) A "this isn't even worthy of a reply" reply by the orignal flamer followed by7) A defense of the unintelligent reply by #3 followed by8) A rip to shreds detailed shredding of #3's origninal post.And people wonder why hang out in general or frequent FCP when there other, better "strategy" sites out there. Where else can you have this much fun? I only hope that me acknowledging this does not bring down what is already, in my eyes, a classic thread.
This has the makings of being one of the greatest and funniest threads of all time. It already includes:1) A typical reply by a hated poster followed by2) A very well thought out and funny comeback followed by3) A not so intelligent reply followed by4) A simple yet elegant flame followed by5) A newbie ripping on the respected flamer follwed by6) A "this isn't even worthy of a reply" reply by the orignal flamer followed by7) A defense of the unintelligent reply by #3 followed by8) A rip to shreds detailed shredding of #3's origninal post.And people wonder why hang out in general or frequent FCP when there other, better "strategy" sites out there. Where else can you have this much fun? I only hope that me acknowledging this does not bring down what is already, in my eyes, a classic thread.
Which number am I? And yes, I :club: this thread too.
Which number am I? And yes, I :club: this thread too.
You are #4, 6, 8, and referenced in #5. Pretty impressive feat.Now on with it! Make this thread greater! Great Dane?
I can't stand either of you. Jeepster, your initial response was completely out of line.
I can't stand either of you. Jeepster, your initial response was completely out of line.
Are you serious? I am going to make the [correct] assumption that you haven't seen the posts that showstopper makes on a daily hourly minutely (yeah, that's a word bitches) basis.If you had a clue, you wouldn't be calling the post that you referenced "out of line" remotely, let alone completely.Stick around, and you'll see. I'll extend the offer that I made earlier. Find me a post that showstopper has made that has actually contributed to a thread rather than padded his post count, and I'll transfer you $5 on FullTilt. This is an open offer, and I would really like to pay someone off. Spend an hour doing some research, and you'll see that I am correct. Good luck.
IT'S AN OVERDONE NOT SO FUNNY LINE!!!FYP.
Your Retarded. Just sayin'. That's all.